Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stourbridge locals: missing person
  • bullandbladder
    Free Member

A lad called Matt Gill (known as Liggy) hadn’t been seen since last Friday morning (6/10) when he never showed up for work. His car was found parked at the aquatics/pet place at Prestwood just up from Stewponey, but no confirmed sightings of him. There’s a search currently underway, mostly focussing on woodland/countryside from Prestwood over to Kinver/Enville/Million, etc. Please keep your eyes open and report any possible sightings to police by dialling 101. Details here:
    https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/news/4116/fresh-appeal-trace-missing-matthew-gill
    Cheers.

Houns

I’ll spread the info to my colleagues at NT Kinver Edge. I drove around that area (summerhill, A449, Swindon) last Friday during that time frame but can’t remember owt.

Haven’t seen any police presence around Kinver

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Thanks Houns

cleetonator

I’ll probably be doing a Wordsley/Kinver/Enville/million loop or two over the weekend. I’ll keep an eye out.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Bump for the afternoon shift

Houns

Folk were handing out flyers at the lights at Stewpony this morning, I’ve let the head ranger at Kinver know and emailed link around

somouk
    Free Member

A big area of countryside around there to search. Have they got the local search and rescue involved? They can normally provide help with that sort of thing.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Yeah, pro S&R teams are involved. The main base of operations for public searchers currently appears to be the Fox at Stourton who are being fantastic, providing support, food and drink.
    As you say, massive amounts of countryside to lose someone in though. I’m going to head out for a spin in the morning in that direction

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I know that area very well and as stated masses of woodland, also hidden caves, wells, estate follies and old derelict buildings, private woodlands, copses. Near Prestwood and Greensforge there are hidden and thickly-wooded sections of the River Stour, old dry canal bed, tunnels, floodplains under deep tree cover. Oddly I used to go there when I was feeling down just to ‘get away from it all’, would often keep going to Shatterford Woods and The Wyre forest and back or camp rough overnight. You can literally walk all day and not see a soul or hardly a busy road. Hope the lad is found soon and well.

Houns

SAR teams and Westmids Ambo HART teams regularly use Kinver Edge and surrounding for training, recruitment and assessment multi day events so they will know the areas very well, combined with local landowner knowledge all hidden areas will be checked I’m sure. I’m at Kinver again tomorrow so if the Head Ranger gets a request to help look then we’ll be scouring our land

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stourbridge locals: missing person’ is closed to new replies.