Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • **STOLEN FROM NORTH BRISTOL** – Lapierre Zesty with full XTR and Easton/Thomson
  • Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Lapierre Zesty 314 IN silver – 2011 frame
    Full 2012 M980 Shimano XTR Trail 2 x 10 Groupset including brakeset
    15mm white Fox Float 140 forks
    Carbon fibre Easton Haven handlebars, black Thomson Stem and Seatpost.
    Brown Charge saddle,
    Easton Haven wheelset, 15mm bolt through,
    Gold chain, gold brake rotors
    Tyres are: Front: Maxxis Advantage, Rear: Maxxis CrossMark

Reward offered if anyone finds it somewhere!!!

Please get in contact if you see anything like this for sale, split or whole neil . bolton @ gmail.com

Also stolen was my friends Cube Reaction GTC Pro – like this one http://www.cube.eu/en/hard/pro-comp/reaction-gtc-pro/

montylikesbeer

Jeez bummer , I know the feeling , hope you find the ;-ats ad hang them

jedi

i have tweeted it. i hate bike thieves 🙁

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Know how you must feel as I recently had a bike stolen but nothing as nice as yours. Utter scumbags they deserve a public whipping and a week in stocks for maximum public humiliation.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Mods, any chance of a sticky? I’ll bung a tenner charity way if so 🙂

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, gutted to say the least.

Although I’m insured through M&S and I’ll likely get a very nice replacement, it was an absolute dream bike for me, specified in every the way I wanted 🙁

Worse things could happen though.

ETA: Jedi, what’s your twitter name? I’ll retweet it…

wordnumb
    Free Member

Will keep eyes open for it. Worth sending details to http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com as well.

deluded
    Free Member

Have you stuck it on Bristol Stolen Bike Blog – http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/

Register it as stolen on Immobolise – http://www.immobilise.com/

Set up searches on Gumtree and eBay. It’s likely that the forks and components will get spilt and sold separately.

On Monday I’ll chat to my mates on the PCT (burglary) squads to make them aware and I’ll make sure it gets circulated to district patrol officers. I take it you’ve reported it to the police?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Thanks Wordnumb and Deluded, done. Posted on a whole bunch of Bristol facebook groups too…

If people wouldn’t mind spreading it, I’d hugely appreciate it 🙂

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Yup, very VERY quick off the mark and helpful.

Living a slightly dodgy area this happens a fair bit. As they said, Bristol has a big problem with this…

patriotpro
    Free Member

V.Nice bike – Glad you’re insured 🙂

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Gutted 🙁 how did they get it?
    North Bristol myself

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

They swiped the two bikes (locked) off the back of my car on it’s bike rack, whilst we popped in to get changed quickly.

They must have been watching as they cut the lock and the straps.

Can’t quite believe it myself, even now.

boxfish
    Free Member

Eyes peeled in BS7. I feel your pain.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Mine was the other bike on the rack, brand new Cube Reaction GTC Pro – less than a month old and VERY gutted. I know it does’t make up for the fact it’s gone but sometimes it’s nice to think you’ll get new for old on the insurance and that can be a very dim light at the end of a long tunnel but for me mine was brand new and I had just set it up to the way I like it with slightly wider bars, my own pedals, my saddle bag etc. etc. 🙁

Hadn’t even had chance to take a proper pic but heres one from Friday evening:

fae88400-1330-42ad-b9f1-2e33f07e3f3b by Jackass123456789, on Flickr

Bike was standard except for:
    Wider Syntace handlebars
    Time Atac pedals
    Specialized saddlebag with Topeak pump, multitool and patches, inner tube with masking tape to keep it from unravelling and 3 tyre levers.
    2 Elite white bottle cages.
    I had also removed the bar ends

jedi

@ukbikeskills on twitter

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Stu here…

If it’s any consolation, I dealt with M&S / Wheelies earlier this year and found them really helpful. They will either give you an equivalent off the peg replacement, and they are pretty fair about that, or ship you the frame and components if they can source them, cash otherwise. Might take a few weeks to get sorted though. All that assumes you are covered for thefts from outside the house obviously….(fingers crossed).

Sounds like you were followed, this sort of crime isnt opportunistic, even A&S Police seem to realise that now.

Good luck getting things sorted.

I’m struggling to think of punishments to fit these offences, but my liberal tendencies are getting badly stretched….

deluded
    Free Member

agentdagnamit,

Avon and Somerset have known for some time that riders have been followed – we’ve had offenders in interview tell us so! Sometimes it’s opportunistic, sometimes it’s not. On occasions they have been known to reconnoitre areas looking for cars on drives with roof racks – they employ various methods to locate bikes. Believe me the police have been alive to this for a while.

Bristol District has had quite a bit of success nicking bike thieves and charging them. Of course what happens then is down to the courts.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

deluded – good to hear opinions have changed, as that certainly wasnt the case when I was burgled twice in 3 months a few years ago! Sorry if I caused any offence, but as a victim or potential victim of bike theft and burglary, you feel pretty helpless to prevent it and in my case, heard nothing after the event to give me any reassurance or consolation.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

ps – is it possible to share some more information on what the “various methods” are that thieves use to locate bikes, as that might help bike owners stay safer? If not on this forum, then through some other means?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Stu, didn’t realise you had been hit also (perhaps a catchup curry is in order).

I’m with M&S and guess I’ll be taking a 714 or 914 (depending on if I sweet talk them into reducing a 914 enough).

It’s maddening really. Sophie simply said is it worth getting another, to which I briefly considered her point.

Before thinking, f*ck em.

deluded
    Free Member

You haven’t caused me any offence – just thought I’d clear up your misappprehension. 🙂

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

btt for the worker massive.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out around Downend/Staple Hill and Fishponds…. worth calling Bristol Bike Workshop and the place in St Pauls who buy s/h bikes to see if anyone has tried selling it on? They are usually pretty good at spotting stolen stuff.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘**STOLEN FROM NORTH BRISTOL** – Lapierre Zesty with full XTR and Easton/Thomson’ is closed to new replies.