Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stodgy, rib sticking, hearty (clogging) Fooooood.
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ll start…

Tirolean Grostl (strangely, made with beef)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just cheese on toast for me, with not an ounce of bread showing, must be fully lathered in cheese!!!

ton

beef stew and dumplings last night

special satay and chips tonight.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

and now – Weiner snitzels

Recently discovered Parmo’s whilst working in the North East. You can actually feel yourself dying as you eat them……

brakes
    Free Member

Parmos 😀 were part of my staple diet when I was a teenager
    they were always too big, especially with chips and salad so made excellent ammo for food fights on the way home

I seriously believe they put something addictive in them (I didn’t have enough of them to get hooked), as you’ll walk round the shithole that is South Bank, or Grangetown and see ‘I love Parmos’ daubed on the walls with the graffiti, or hear folk talking about them in pubs – it goes way beyond the usual Doner that most folk are used to after a night out.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I went out on the lash last night for the first time in a while and fell into the kebab house at 2:30 this morning.

Large doner kebab.
    large chips and cheese smothered on mayo.
    And a huge onion barjhi thing.

Get in.! 😀

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’m with ton on this one, beef stew and dumplings or steamed bacon and suet pudding with parsley sauce and garlic and leek mash…

Mmmmm hungry now!!!

brakes
    Free Member

you’ll walk round the shithole that is South Bank, or Grangetown

walking around?? you’re a brave man!
    the North East is dying, all that people from the Boro have left is their local delicacies
    I predict that Parmos will be sold in Claridges by 2012, but by then it will be too late…

brakes – I’ve worked there, as an outsider, on my own, with a truck full of tools, outside, on the estates wiring up street lights.

I’ve been warned about it, but to be honest never had any grief – they prefer to nick the cable at night than hassle me apparently.

Still, nice of the company I’m contracting to to send me to these places with no thought for my personal safety.

cranberry
    Free Member

You walk around Grangetown and South Bank ?

Madness; pure, brave, hopeless madness

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stodgy, rib sticking, hearty (clogging) Fooooood.’ is closed to new replies.