Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Step up from a 24" wheeler,,new bike for my daughter
  • vermillion
    Free Member

So it’ll soon be time for me to get my daughter a new bike..She’s now 11 years old and growing fast,her 24″ Pinnacle is starting to look a bit small underneath her now so i’m starting to think about what to replace it with.I realize that the next step up will be a small adults but as she’s growing so quick(and is likely to be quite tall)and is still a kid,i don’t really want to pay adult prices..Can anyone recommend a decent next bike that will last her for a couple of years without breaking the bank,,,ta

br
    Free Member

Put 26″ wheels on her current bike? Just done it with my sons, should get another year out of it.

But tbh, a bike is a bike – whether its adult or kids its pretty much made up of the same bits – so unfortunately the same cost. So get a bike that fits, and then when she’s outgrown it, get a bigger frame?

vermillion
    Free Member

Put 26″ wheels on her current bike? Just done it with my sons, should get another year out of it.

Eh,,it’s the frame that doesn’t fit her any more not the wheels and if i did that the brakes would get caught in the spokes

charliemort

I think you are in adult bike territory so no real nargains. My daughters both went onto medium ladies Mykas when they were about 11 – bit big at first. 13 year old might grow out of hers in a year or so

some decent deals around usually this time of year, but still over £300

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Step up from a 24" wheeler,,new bike for my daughter’ is closed to new replies.