Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Star tattoos – are they chavy?
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Was thinking about 3 stars on inner forearm but are they too common?

Nick

Aren't these some kind of Prison/Russian Mafia marking?

poisonspider
    Free Member

If you have to ask you already know the answer.

yoshimi

Very Emo 😥

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No. Not IMO.

(No, I don't have one)

Naranjada
    Free Member

How about three ickle care worn teddy bears holding hands instead? At least that would be original.

emma82
    Free Member

Fairly chavy, anything like stars or Chinese symbols….

clubber
    Free Member

Not chavvy I reckon just look a bit crap aesthetically.

Go for three Star of Davids – that'll confuse people 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

WGAS if they are chavvy/tacky/common…….

…if you like them, and you want a(nother) tattoo, get them done. No other reason is necessary 🙂

(btw, I don't think they are chavvy, stars nearly always look great – no matter how many I see)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Tattoos are a deeply personal expression of character and individuality* so what anyone else might think is irrelevant.

*which is why I have none

tiggs121
    Free Member

All tattoos are chavvy!

No point in having them at all. It's like wearing the same clothes for the rest of your life is it not?

(IMHO of course)

oxnop
    Free Member

I have a freehand drawn star (with custom shading – My tatoo'ist had a new toy to play with!) on each of my inner biceps/elbows.

Im no CHAV!

Naranjada
    Free Member

Teribly chavvy, yes.

What I fail to understand is the reasoning behind the trend for mass market tattoos. Why do people do it, what does the image mean to them, what is the appeal? You've got to want to live with them for a loooong time, so shouldn't they say something about you as an individual? Or is it just that you find the aesthetics pleasing and don't mind looking like a million others?

Some body art is amazing but the stuff you pick out of a catalogue at the tattoo parlour, to me, displays a lack of thought and individuality..

Sorry to be so serious.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What I fail to understand is the reasoning behind the trend for mass market tattoos

perhaps you failed to realise that we're all individuals ??

R979
    Free Member

No:

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

plenty of people I know have tattoos (art school, innit) and I'd say most of them aren't chavy at all. might agree on the slight 'emo-ness' though..

Girl I know has three star cut-outs on the inside of her wrist and it's actually quite pretty – as I personally like simple, single-colour patterns

duntstick
    Free Member

Do you remember having high waisted baggy trousers and platform shoes.

I do, but fortunately don't still have to wear em 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

did that lady's stickling individuality demand that two of the stars be removed because they were in the wrong places ?

LHS
    Free Member

ALL tattoos are chavvy. The end.

maxray
    Free Member

If you want them go for them. Havign to ask a bike forum would suggest to me maybe you are not convinced yourself.

Although I prefer custom tats I haven't got a problem with stock designs, it is much the same as buying a print of a piece of art or whatever. Infact a classy stock tat might end up looking better than a badly designed custom one.

At the end of the day it is your body, you decide!

🙂

ski
    Free Member

If you are thinking this already swisstony,

Then what are the chances you might regret having this tattoo done some time in the future?

soobalias
    Free Member

dont understand why, but common as muck over the last few years.

as tats are permanent, they should have some relevance/meaning to the individual imo.

while im sure mine is unique, i really dont recommend anyone gets inked by a fugitive drug dealer with a short temper and low stress threshold.

duntstick
    Free Member

Coz Becks diddit, innit!

ourmaninthenorth

I thought star tatoo on the inside of thw rist signalled you were a lady who lieks ladies.

Have I imagined this?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Those stars set off sovereign rings and chub chains perfectly. Not chav in the slightest.

Are you a big fan of illegal dog breeds?

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Stars……Get yourself a big fat Marker pen, Draw them on once you feel like a muppet, wash them off then you dont have to keep them for the rest of your life….. NICE

maxray
    Free Member

Stars……Get yourself a big fat Marker pen, Draw them on once you feel like a muppet, wash them off then you dont have to keep them for the rest of your life….. NICE

There is some validity in that idea though, in order to see how you get on with them, maybe henna or something first?

soobalias
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth, that could be true, my pet lezza has three inside forearm

konabunny
    Free Member

stars – not necessarily chavvy but just a bit common in the sense that there are a lot of them about.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

I thought star tatoo on the inside of thw rist signalled you were a lady who lieks ladies.

Have I imagined this

I did too, I think the origin of this is that sailors had star tatoos to thank the stars guiding them. Then all sailor stuff became a bit village people?

There are a few articles online that agree.

Maybe boys who like boys as well, but I guess only if thats how you mean it. How many people with swallow tattoos have done time?

momo

I have a star on the inside of my right wrist, over the last few years I've started to see more and more people with similar tattoos, so they seem to be very common now. No regrets about getting it done, but I probably wouldn't have the same tattoo if I were getting it done now.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

It's all a matter of personal taste in the end though isn't it and what you think about what other people might think of you.

Personally, although some tats are quite arty it's not for me. At all. Ever. Because it has become so common place a lot of them now do look pretty chavvy. Heaven knows what's got into Becks head as well – he looks a right **** these days!

And the same goes for body piercings (earings aside). I just don't get it and think they look awful. But all IMHO.

[Discussions with daughter and her wanting a nose stud. Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!]

I_Ache
    Free Member

I hope star tattoos arnt chavy I have 3 stars at the base of my back. Thick outlines in a v formation. Tattoo artist said he hadnt done one like that before which is good enough for me.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I've never understood the point of tattoos at all.

What is the logic behind having a(n often prominent), permanent and deteriorating mark placed deliberately on your body? We all change our opinions, our hairstyle, clothes, cars, furniture etc. throughout our life. Why burden yourself with a permanent tattoo, especially if you suspect that it might be chavvy?

Will you still love it when it is a green, amorphous blob or a painfully-lasered pale patch in a few years' time?

Each to their own and all that, but why? I once read that a fifth of the population had at least one.

soobalias
    Free Member

earings are ok, nose stud is not? good luck with that.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Tattoo artist said he hadnt done one like that before….

He tramp stamped you good and proper!

swisstony
    Free Member

thanks all, i was sure i was having it done until i was talking to some kids in school (i'm a teacher) earlier about tattoo's in general and they mentioned that star's were chavvy so this put me off abit.

It is a personal thing though not very original but i've seen them on others and like the look of them so why not

this is the look i'm going for

yunki
    Free Member

Yes they are pretty chavvy now… or should I say common to use an older word..

they DO symbolise lezbo tendencies.. I have them on my right arm to indicate precisely this fact.

How many people with swallow tattoos have done time?

I think alot of elderly (and younger ones for that matter) Naval folk who had swallow tattoos to sybolise returning home after an ocean crossing would balk at this information..

the swallow being migratory kind of makes the symbolism fairly obvious on this one..

We all change our opinions, our hairstyle, clothes, cars, furniture etc. throughout our life.

leaving aside the drunken and youthful and chavvy generic branding thought process.. I believe that the clue is in the question…

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have a tattoo but it is a deeply personal symbol. It's on my upper arm, and even when wearing t shirts people do not see it.

When it comes to symbols, if you are asking about stars and Chavvyness then it seems to me you are only thinking about the aesthetics and not the meaning of the symbols. Which is fine, but you will be stuck if you ever think the tattoos have become unfashionable. But you may want to reconsider and find a symbol that does speak to you.

I had mine done in a natural ink which lasted for 2 weeks. I decided I liked it and then made the decision to have it done permanently, in 4 colours.

It is a personal thing and it does not matter what others think. The only issues are maybe work related where you may not want business colleagues and customers etc to see them.

aracer
    Free Member

this is the look i'm going for

Given the reasoning behind breathe-right strips, I'm wondering if there's a performance advantage to those nose rings.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Star tattoos – are they chavy?’ is closed to new replies.