Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • stanmer park this evening
  • jedi

I love going to new places! Riding there this evening for the 1st time. Ooooooh I love bikes

wwaswas

Sun’s come out now 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

watch those wide bars 😉

DrP

What you doing down South Tony??
    You staying around for a while?

DrP

jedi

Just drove down for the night for a ride 🙂

lex
    Free Member

Sky very blue outside my window in Brighton at the moment. Will be hitting my little bit of the south downs in a couple of hours. Have fun.

Lex

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Seriously, mind the “Tree of Doom”. Otherwise, enjoy!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oooh nice, rode there the once after riding half of the SDW, probably wasn’t in the best shape to really attack the route.

chiefgrooveguru

I’d normally join you but I’m feeling a bit post-Enduro1… If Carl still has anything in his legs tell him he wasn’t trying hard enough yesterday! I’ll see you in late July to become significantly more rad. 😉

lock
    Free Member

See if you can get over wild park aswell

muddy@rseguy

If Stanmer is riding anything like it was on Saturday evening then you’ll have a blast, today is far more sunny and less wind too, perfect 🙂

BTW, Mings’ Tree of Doom really should have Plaque or something on it now such is its fame…. 😉

carloz
    Free Member

Guess I wasn’t trying hard enough yesterday 🙂

jedi

Tree of doom??

ali69er
    Free Member

Must be the fallen one you can ride over, seen so many people stack it on that. Damn I miss that place

chiefgrooveguru

I think the moniker of ‘tree of doom’ goes to the current botanic holder of the ‘catching a handlebar of a rider at sufficient speed to break at least one bone when crashing’ title.

bigsi
    Free Member

Great ride Tony…. what i had of it 😆

nedrapier

Is that the long, foot thick tree trunk in the woods? I remember that one from the Big Dog a few years ago, real childish hero moment hopping over it, picking up a place and getting a cheer from the marshalls!

wwaswas

nedrapier – no there’ a few 3ft plus trunks in other places that have ramps etc over them.

Plus an awful lot with missing bark at handlebar height and bits of knuckle embedded in them…

nedrapier

gotcha, hence why Ming’s tree of doom need to be specified as Ming’s, rather than any of the other trees of doom?

jedi

bigsi, yeah was fun to meet you guys too 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Yeah we’ve a good bunch of guys to ride with 8)

timnwild

You’re welcome down the road in Shoreham anytime mate.

Hope you enjoyed yourself.

jedi

will be back end of july for some wild park akshun 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

Excellent!

continuity
    Free Member

The last loop I did we spent twenty assorted minutes screwing strava users by putting massive bushes and logs in the way of shortcuts.

Also prepare for fun if you have wide bars.

chiefgrooveguru

The last loop I did we spent twenty assorted minutes screwing strava users by putting massive bushes and logs in the way of shortcuts.

As a Strava user who rides the proper lines (i.e. round all the corners and over all the obstacles) I’d like to highly commend this behaviour! Anyone know who added the new logstacles to Wrangler/Clara’s?

grievoustim
    Free Member

I think someone has moved those obstacles out the way again already

wwaswas

sometimes new stuff just looks like a disgruntled dog walker put it there in the mistaken belief that mtbers don’t like bits of log across the trails

VanHalen

if the new build obstacles look that shonky i`m not suprised someone moved them.

from experience at wild park convincing riders not to take straight line cut-throughs is almost impossible.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘stanmer park this evening’ is closed to new replies.