Home Forums Bike Forum SRAM MTH-746 hubs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SRAM MTH-746 hubs
  • slowbloke
    Free Member

Has anybody found a way (better bearing perhaps) of making the bearings last longer in these rear hubs or are they just a dead loss? I’ve had the bearings replaced several times by the LBS and yet roughly every 150-200 miles the wheel develops play which will only go away once the bearings are too tight and so the bearings need replacing again. Muddier and rockier rides seem to hasten the demise of the bearings.

They are now out of warranty and I’m going to have to do the bearings myself which I don’t mind doing but at the rate they seem to wear it will be cheaper to buy new wheels. Never had this problem with any other hubs.

benpinnick

SRAM have a penchant for weird size bearings in their hubs. I know it seems like a daft question but are the LBS fitting exactly the right ones? If they are then consider a change of brand maybe? If they’re ordering the same SRAM bearings each time then expect the same result!

slowbloke
    Free Member

Thanks. Anyone tried anything other than the stock bearings and had good luck?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SRAM MTH-746 hubs’ is closed to new replies.