Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Squashed banana in car upholstery – how to remove?
  • DickBarton

Had a car full of mates last night and one accidentally sat on a banana in the back seat – squashing it and spreading the banana all over the seat – not intentional and as I'm normally the only 1 in the car, I've obviously horsed it in the back with my daughter's other stuff and forgotten to remove it.

Anyway, I remove the skin and what I could of the banana last night but what is the best way to remove the stain (and the squashed in banana)?

Thanks,

Richard.

druidh
    Free Member

Nuke it from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

coffeeking
    Free Member

scrape most off with a knife, then use a damp cloth to get the solids off, then use some of the foamy upholstry cleaner and do the whole seat (as it will undoubtedly leave a clean patch if you do one spot).

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

accidentally sat on a banana

lol yeah right . . .

Try the Betterware catalogue, it's normally full of pointless removing this from that solutions . . .

scottyjohn
    Free Member

LOL CoffeeKing must be in a better mood than they were yesterday as I half expected to see a "if you drop banana, dont come on here moaning about it" whinge!!
    😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

You need(ed) a banna guard!

Get yours here

coffeeking
    Free Member

LOL CoffeeKing must be in a better mood than they were yesterday as I half expected to see a "if you drop banana, dont come on here moaning about it" whinge!!

Had more coffee today, so feeling less grumpy. And I also managed to squash a creme egg into the sofa at my other halfs parents house on my first visit. I know about cleaning seats! 😀

Shibboleth
    Free Member

You could try squashing a load of little monkeys into the fabric, see what happens…

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Is "squashed a cream egg" a euphamism for something else? If so, Ive squashed a few cream eggs too in my time lol

DickBarton

Banana is well and truly dried in now…will look at Betterware and see if I can get a cleaner with a scrubber thing to aggitate and loosen off the chunks.

Got a bananaguard but never thought I'd ever use it! Serves me right for ever doubting…

Thanks.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Is "squashed a cream egg" a euphamism for something else?

Unfortunately not!

zaskar
    Free Member

Go to Halfords and buy some heavy duty cleaner.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Steam cleaner?

cynic-al
    Free Member

If you can remove the seat, do so adn give it a good scrub in the shower.

You whould have seen teh dirt that came out of my '89 MX5 seat!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Squashed banana in car upholstery – how to remove?’ is closed to new replies.