Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Spanish authorities considering taxing, licensing and testing of cyclists.
  • Mackem

http://elpais.com/elpais/2015/06/03/inenglish/1433339778_942719.html

I doubt it’ll ever happen, but to even consider it is a worry.

Speshpaul

In Spain…. humm

davidisaacs
    Free Member

If you have a 1000 things to worry about, this has to be no. 999!!

igm

What are they going to test them for exactly?

Find me a picture of Bertie someone.

iolo
    Free Member

Someone needs to pay for the road maintenance. Why not road users?

mooman
    Free Member

One point I picked up from that, is that it’s not illegal to take your helmet off whilst going up a big climb in Spain.
    Hmmm … Couple guys I know recently got 100 euro fines in Majorca when they took helmets off going up Puig Major.

“Bicycle drivers and, where relevant, occupants will be obliged to use officially approved or certified protective helmets according to the legislation in force when they travel on interurban roads, except on prolonged ascents or for proven medical reasons or in conditions of extreme heat..”.

crazy-legs

Anytime a Government wants to detract attention away from the pressing issues, they come out with some shit like this.

Cue a frothing at the mouth response, eventually the whole thing blows over and then you discover that some figures on how appalling bad your economy are have been quietly released while the media and public were busy getting wound up over cycling.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

But it is Spain and some of their recent laws are more than questionable ( imho )

such as the recent Anti- protest one

30,000 Euro fine for taking a photo of a police officer !!!!!! WTF 🙁

I hope Dave and co don’t get any similar ideas

bob_summers

Rode a very neat, brand new cycle path this morning (follows a dismantled railway line) and couldn’t help but wonder where the money came from to build it. Guess that’s the answer!

No mention of what they propose to do about riders visiting from abroad. Unworkable rubbish really. Crazy Legs has it, keep the proles busy with futbol and pesky cyclists until you’ve finished bleeding the country dry.

iolo
    Free Member

Rode a very neat, brand new cycle path this morning (follows a dismantled railway line) and couldn’t help but wonder where the money came from to build it.

That will probably be funded by the EU under some objective or other.
    No wonder Cameron wants out of Europe as they do stuff that actually improves peoples lives like paths and safe cycle lanes.

bob_summers

Maybe, it’s supposedly part of a network to connect Portsmouth and Bilbao, or so I read in the local rag a couple of years ago. I think the French did their bit but it all went quiet over here. It did a reasonable job of connecting Portsmouth with a grotty industrial estate on the outskirts of San Sebastian…

davidisaacs
    Free Member

According the Guardia Civil Traffico, cyclists should wear helmets outside town limits in Spain. If you are not wearing your cycling helmet outside town limits in Spain, you risk a 100 EUROS fine!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Spanish authorities considering taxing, licensing and testing of cyclists.’ is closed to new replies.