• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sorry-tyre question.
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I know it’s been done a million times before. But I’m struggling with how much I need from a tyre. Hopefully someone else has tried something that fits current criteria:

Criteria is:

For mud, sand, gravel, tarmac and rocks. Tubeless and cheap. 26″. Cheap.

I currently have rocket ron/smart sam on but now I’m starting to explore the peaks on heavier ground a little more the sam is up to the heavier ground.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2 of them
    Minions win everything

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

They that good? I’ve never had Minions, only Ardent/Ardent Race

stevied
    Free Member

Yep, can’t beat Minion’s for all round use. Maybe stick a 3C on the front if you can..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

At the moment I have minion 3c and ardent 2.4 on the back. I’m. Not an overthinker it helps, though I do think a bit waiting for them….

fifeandy
    Free Member

Minions on tarmac 😯

Hope the OP has thighs of steel and the lungs of a horse

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

No I do not. I use the whippet to commute too, only 5 miles a day though.

Garry_Lager

Decathlon do hutchinson and michelin tyres that are decent – doubt you would find cheaper. Not a huge range, but they will have some 26 tubeless ready.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve been impressed with Spesh ground control as good all-rounders. Not even sure they’re meant to be, but after about 10 years of blindly using high rollers it was a +ve change.

sandwicheater

Spesh Purgs are a good all rounder i find and £20 at the mo from some site. Was a PSA on them last week. Hargreaves cycles maybe?

canopy
    Free Member

I’ve been impressed with Spesh ground control as good all-rounders. Not even sure they’re meant to be, but after about 10 years of blindly using high rollers it was a +ve change.

i’ve got the ground control sport.. really good & cheap. surprised i haven’t punctured the sidewall yet. lasted pretty well so far after installing them in the new year. they’re wearing nicely with the ground conditions 🙂

next tyre i’m looking for something slightly bigger for this winter. purgatory might be it. so thanks 🙂

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Landcruisers.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Bloody minefield this! Anyone used rock razors?

nickc

High Rollers are a good all rounder, as are Hans Dampf.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sorry-tyre question.’ is closed to new replies.