Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Son wants bike…
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

& he’s on about this one,

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/fs_team.html

What’s the verdict? I’ve given him my advice (ie spend a bit more & you’ll get a bit more) but is it good advice or not. Is the Boardman as good as a 1.5K bike say. He’s 28 & therefore knows everything. 🙄

neninja
    Free Member

I like the look of the new Boardman FS. A lot of bike for the money and it gets great reviews.

I suspect the Canyon brigade will be along shortly to suggest that as an option.
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2072

colin27
    Free Member

I’d rather look out for a good deal on a 2011 bike. Specialized Stumpjumper’s can be had for about £1699 at the moment, although they are obviously limited.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The Boardmans have had rave reviews as the link shows. Don’t see how you can go wrong with it – a horst link frame, Rockshox maxle forks, 2 x 10 and no obvious compromises?

Or you can pay ~£700 more for an only marginally better spec?

andyl
    Free Member

The old boardman bikes were great value. The new ones are a step up in niceness but have had a price hike – but still very much worth it looking at the spec and build quality compared to more expensive bikes.

The carbon hard tail is lovely but a lot. The FS definitely seems a good buy but I woulnt pay full retail – not based on them not being worth it. But because I know that halfords will have a few hundred off in their sale.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

One of my friends has the Boardman FS Team in the link above – seems amazing for the money. Had a go myself and it seems great.

Of course Halfords set the shock and fork up with completely the wrong pressures (and it came without a shock pump), but once we sorted this out it’s been great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Son wants bike…’ is closed to new replies.