Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 588 total)
  • SOME dog owners make me very angry…..
  • richc
    Free Member

So .. After 6 pages of web waffle I shall still be hoofing any snappy dogs as far as I can and no Im not a dog whisperer and have no intention of becoming one.

and to add some balance if you try and hoof any dog into next week, just because they walked too close to you, don’t be surprised if you end up on the floor looking for your teeth 😉

People can get very protective over animals, especially if they feel they are witnessing unprovoked abuse.

binners

What about putting cats in bins? Is that ok?

richc
    Free Member

what type of cat?

NB: Interestingly, in the UK (obviously you have the TJ’s law get out ;)) if you attack a dog, and hurt/kill it you can be prosecuted for criminal damage, which is 3 to 6 months in jail and up to 5K fine.

binners

Just a normal moggy. Not a lion or a snow leopard or owt.

So is a dog considered property then? I suppose a tiger probably would be too then

richc
    Free Member

Yes, its considered to be property.

It would have to be a very big wheelie bin to lure a Lion in, snow leopard might take a bit of finding too, so I can see why they are bad choices.

I suppose ultimately as long as the cat is ginger, its OK ….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup a dog is property but a cat is a wild animal. You are responsible for waht your dog does but not for what your cat does.

Gerbils – now there is a question.

freeagent
    Free Member

I don’t particularly like dogs, However i’ve tried very hard to bring my kids up to be animal lovers, and i’m quite happy for them to play with dogs who we know and trust – we have a rule that you don’t go near, or attract strange dogs until we know they are friendly.

As far as i’m concerned uncontrolled dogs off leads are fair game – i’ve got no worries about kicking one swiftly under chin if its a threat to my kids, and the next one that chases me on my bike will get my boot in its ear.
    Yes, I know its a criminal offence, but so is killing burglars, and i’d have no problem with doing that if I felt my family were in danger.

I’m sure all the militant dog lovers will hate this but if you don’t like it, learn to control your dog properly, and keep it away from other peoples small kids.

justatheory
    Free Member

i’ve got no worries about kicking one swiftly under chin if its a threat to my kids, and the next one that chases me on my bike will get my boot in its ear.
    Yes, I know its a criminal offence, but so is killing burglars, and i’d have no problem with doing that if I felt my family were in danger.

I’m sure all the militant dog lovers will hate this but if you don’t like it, learn to control your dog properly, and keep it away from other peoples small kids.

I agree that people should be in full control of their dogs at all times. Saying that people have different perceptions of what is dangerous. You may interpret a dog as a threat when it isn’t, through basic ignorance. Your actions may even exacerbate the situation, say for example if you kicked the dog of someone a bit handy and not afraid to dish out some physical retribution.

crankboy
    Free Member

I’ve got a nice little case on , child playing in park on swing up run two dogs grab child drag him to ground break his wrist he has puncture bite to head near eye and shoulder. It literally was a child’s face.

If you own a dog and take it to a public place you really do need to keep it under control at all times. I would say you should not allow it to approach children except in controlled circumstances.

mind you my attitude is shaped by being nipped on the ankle as a child and having to play rugby on a school playing field used by every dog owner in town as a place to exercise their pets. As i understand it exercise is code for taking a dog for a sh!t.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

crankboy – Member
    I’ve got a nice little case on , child playing in park on swing up run two dogs grab child drag him to ground break his wrist he has puncture bite to head near eye and shoulder. It literally was a child’s face.

I hope the kid recovers fully

As i understand it exercise is code for taking a dog for a sh!t.

yup, that’s my understanding too, dog toileting is the primary use of all public space

razor1548
    Free Member

“How can anyone really care about a retarded Quadraped with a panchant for wiping its arse on your carpet and chewing toddlers faces off… “

I will tolerate a four legged friend which sometimes wipes it’s arse on my carpet… exactly because it sometimes also chews off ‘toddlers’ faces.

‘Toddlers’ are face eating alien parasites right?

razor1548
    Free Member

“Just a normal moggy. Not a lion or a snow leopard or owt.”

Why can’t you talk like a grown up person does?

razor1548
    Free Member

“I’m sure all the militant dog lovers will hate this but if you don’t like it, learn to control your dog properly, and keep it away from other peoples small kids.”

I am sure all the child fetishists such as yourself will hate this, but if you don’t like it, keep your small kids at home until they are big enough to be a part of our wonderful world without you feeling the need to ruin other peoples enjoyment of it for your or their sake alone!

Thank you 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I am sure all the child fetishists such as yourself will hate this, but if you don’t like it, keep your small kids at home until they are big enough to be a part of our wonderful world without you feeling the need to ruin other peoples enjoyment of it for your or their sake alone!

Thank you

why, do adults like standing in dog sh1t? Are no adults imtimidated by dogs owned by people who threaten physical violence?

gingerss
    Free Member

Some movements in the right direction, in Leeds at least.

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/Community_and_living/Animal_welfare/Dog_warden_service/Responsible_dog_ownership_scheme.aspx

Some parks are already subject to dog bans, and I like the four dog maximum, though it could do with being fewer in order to keep the people who walk dogs for a business out of the public spaces.

ian martin
    Free Member

I adore dogs when they are used in the roles that we humans domesticated them for thousands of years ago.
    I think its so sad that people are choosing dogs (other pets to) as a lazy half arsed child substitutes.
    Because that way they to care and look after some thing that they don’t have to compromise their life style for. Also when they’re bored of the animal or dislike some aspect of the animal you can just get rid of it.

Bring back dog licenses
    No one with a violent criminal record should be allowed to own a dog
    Dogs should be muzzled when in public.
    All dogs and owners must complete an obedience course.
    Unlimited fines for owners of illegal breeds.

I am not anti dog but I am sick of people unable to control their dogs and not taking responsibility for their dogs actions.

ian martin
    Free Member

The immortal line “he doesn’t bite” as this 4′ tall Irish wolf hound chases after you as your riding round your local woods.

anagallis_arvensis

What suprises me is the huge number of seemingly awful experiences so many people on here have had sith dogs. I had dogs as a kid, worked with collies on farms, go out and about in the countryside, own and walk my current dog and child and the worst experience i’ve had is stepping in dog shit. I cant help but think that a bit of knowledge and experience of dogs may just help some people lead a more relaxed life.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – point missed.,

I do not want your dog it to bother me. this is my right,

all I ask is you keep your dog under control as you are legally obliged to. You are blaming the victims. Blame the people who fail to control their dogs.

nealglover
    Free Member

You may interpret a dog as a threat when it isn’t, through basic ignorance.

The point is though, it’s not my Job to learn about someone else’s choice of pet.

If they want to have a large dog as a pet, then they are the ones who should be doing the research, not me.

And part of that research would be to learn how to train it properly so they can control it, and it doesn’t totally ignore them and keep running towards my kids.

donsimon
    Free Member

I do not want your dog it to bother me. this is my right,

Let’s not forget that your definition of bother is way off the mark from a rational human being’s definition.
    Being a big girls’ blouse is not the same as having a genuine fear of dogs.

anagallis_arvensis

Well i would say you’ve missed the point TJ and your habit of personnalising the issue is an odius habit you’d do well to drop.
    I ‘m happy enough for you all to scream like girls and have a childish paddy everytime a dog comes near you if thats your right you go girl. Wont be my dog coming near you.

donsimon
    Free Member

TJ, I don’t think the points you have made are particularly relevant to the discussion, you clearly don’t undestand the issue in hand and are obviously a fool.

gingerss
    Free Member

I have knowledge and experience with dogs, that’s why I don’t want one I don’t know off it’s lead near my kids.

I do not know you, I do not know how you have trained and treated your animal, and I don’t want to feel on edge when I’m in the park with my kids. I don’t want to ever see dogs crapping in public, it’s anti-social even if it is cleaned up – which it never quite is. If took a dump in the park but responded, it’s ok I’ll put it in a bag it wouldn’t be ok. I don’t want your dog to jump up on me and leave mud all over my new top just as I’m on my way to catch a bus in to town – this happened to me last year.

I don’t get why folk can’t understand how it can be that others don’t want to deal with dogs and the consequences of dog ownership.

anagallis_arvensis

Oh my god you got muddy how awful.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Oh my god you got muddy how awful.

So if you were on your way out and gingerss sauntered up and threw some mud over your clothes it’d be no problem at all?

How ‘awful’ it is isn’t the point. Why should he have to put up with having that done to him by a dog owner?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I am not anti dog but I am sick of people unable to control their dogs and not taking responsibility for their dogs actions.

Phew just as well you stuck this in at the end of your anti dog rant. I do suspect though, that you’re possibly anti a lot of things. Just a feeling…

I don’t get why folk can’t understand how it can be that others don’t want to deal with dogs and the consequences of dog ownership.

Too many negatives there…cannot compute.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why do the dog owners find this concept so difficult? and as for personalising it just read your own answers.

Just keep your dog under control – thats all we ask. Would you consider it acceptable for me to throw mud all over you? Crap on your shoes? Sniff your crotch? steal your picnic?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why do the dog owners find this concept so difficult? and as for personalising it just read your own answers.

It’s your world of dogmatic absolutes that I struggle with TeeJ and your seeming refusal to share your space with anything that might grey the area for you for a second.

You come across as a nasty fecker on these threads. You ought to know that. 😐

donsimon
    Free Member

Just keep your dog under control – thats all we ask. Would you consider it acceptable for me to throw mud all over you? Crap on your shoes? Sniff your crotch? steal your picnic?

How often do any of these horrendous acts actually occur?

ski
    Free Member

Crotch sniffing is the worst, my Mrs goes mad when I run up to total strangers and sniff at their crotches!

😉

gingerss
    Free Member

Oh my god you got muddy how awful

Not awful, just irritating. I could have been the ‘whinge on about cleaning bills type’, but I just gave some polite feedback to the owner and moved on.

I am not anti-dog. People have dogs and that’s fine, we live in a free society and people are laragely entitled as they please. Just keep your dog under control – i.e. train them well and keep an eye on them so they will always respond to verbal commands. If they aren’t trained they need to be on a lead.

surfer
    Free Member

I agree with a lot of what TJ has said (although I havent read all of the posts)
    I have a dog and am broadly tolerant of other peoples.
    I have a simple rule however. If dogs harrass, chase, show agression or pester me of my family I will take action, initially by gently trying to chase them away. If they are more forceful then so am I.
    It is unusual (and clearly beyond the understanding of dog owners who are so blinded by the love of their dog) to find many aggresive dogs in my experience (and as a runner I have a lot of experience!) however some dogs are aggresive and my young children have little in the way of defence foe even this unusual event. As a consequence I have to assess the risk of a bounding Alsation, Collie etc and err on the side of caution. I cannot afford to wait to find out if he is being playful or not and therefore may have to get my retaliation in first.
    Dont get me wrong this is only on the rare occasion when its difficult to read a dogs body language or they are approcahing very quickly etc. A playful Spaniel with a wagging tail is unlikely to be intercepted with the same response as a bigger more aggresive “looking” dog
    Keyboard warrior maybe but parent first of all.

Dog lovers need to get their heads out of their *****

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

but parent first of all.

Paramount in STW warrior threads.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    own and walk my current dog and child and the worst experience i’ve had is stepping in dog shit.

according to Lancaster CC dog owners have turned most parks and childrens play areas into a biohazard

How many parks are infected with Toxocara eggs?
    Random soil surveys have found that the majority of parks throughout the UK are infected with Toxocara eggs in various stages of development.

http://www.lancaster.gov.uk/dogwardens/foul-subject/

and I’m sure this little girl wishes she only stepped in it

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1314164_toddler_infected_by_playground_dog_mess_could_go_blind

I really hope she recovered

nealglover
    Free Member

….. steal your picnic?

To be fair though, that’s cartoon bears most of the time.

And Ranger Smith is doing his best to sort it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

DD – and the dog owners come across as selfish, self indulgent and unpleasant with a complete inability to appreciate anothers point of view?

Why do you not want to keep your dog under control and stop it from annoying others?

It’s your world of dogmatic absolutes that I struggle with TeeJ and your seeming refusal to share your space with anything that might grey the area for you for a second.

Thats right – I do not want your dog in my space – I want you to control your dog. I do not want the foul smelling, disease carrying thing sniffing around me. If yo met your legal obligations I wouldn’t have to put up with it.

surfer
    Free Member

Paramount in STW warrior threads.

Theres a very nasty Border Terrier that lives near me. He’s gonna get it.

gingerss
    Free Member

In my experience if I go to the park for a picnic with the kids there’s pretty much 100% chance that some dog will come and try to stick its nose in the sandwich box.

Dogs approaching my daughter and frightening her by being too big, too fast or too yappy (and in all cases out of control) is maybe 50/50. Bearing in mind that my daughter really likes dogs, this is saddening because she is developing a fear even though we will often stop and let her stroke the odd under control dog with the owners permission.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD – and the dog owners come across as selfish, self indulgent and unpleasant with a complete inability to appreciate anothers point of view?

Utter bollocks TeeJ – and you know it. Of course, you’d never fail to understand others’ points of view would you TeeJ? Eh?

Why do you not want to keep your dog under control and stop it from annoying others?

There you go again – why be such a nasty fecker, eh? My dog is under control and doesn’t annoy others. Stop jumping to your silly black and white conclusions again. Wipe the froth from your mouth, exit the thread and move on.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘SOME dog owners make me very angry…..’ is closed to new replies.