Viewing 28 posts - 561 through 588 (of 588 total)
  • SOME dog owners make me very angry…..
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve already told you. Can’t you read?

Fool…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well it was good while it lasted. Though i think there were some very unkind posts, i think if anyone but TJ was on the receiving end there would hav been uproar

nealglover
    Free Member

Being “on the receiving end” of Difficult Questions must be a nightmare 😐

And a lot if the insults on this thread were dished out by TJ-Law.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

True, but those are just words and harmless, but some folks very vindictively and maliciously posted images and videos of dogs, in the full knowledge that TJ is afraid of them. This was a new low for STW.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Not seen this thread for a while, so in reply to Don Simon I have no fear of dogs I own 2. They don’t bother anyone on their walk, properly trained working gundogs you see.
    Maybe you will outgrow your tendancy for jumping to ludicrous conclusions. 🙄
    And as for getting knocked out for kicking a f*cking annoying dog, well it hasn’t happened yet, possibly something to do with the owners being completely embarressed of their poorly trained mutts?

user-removed
    Free Member

some folks very vindictively and maliciously posted images and videos of dogs, in the full knowledge that TJ is afraid of them.

The internets would be a much easier place to be if people actually said what they meant. I try to do so but suspect others may not. Not once has TJ said he’s afraid of dogs, only that he doesn’t very much like them: fair enough.

And I did post a cruel image, which I will gladly remove if asked to. In the meantime, here it is again.

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe you will outgrow your tendancy for jumping to ludicrous conclusions.

Hava a good ‘un.

richc
    Free Member

They don’t bother anyone on their walk, properly trained working gundogs you see.

So you wouldn’t have a problem with someone booting them as they walked past them? As they were in the exact spot that person wanted to walk/cycle

NB: will it make it to 16?

ojom
    Free Member

user-removed – that is an ace picture!

Amos
    Free Member

I’m hoping for 600 posts….

Merry Christmas all

Tiger6791

Amos – Member

I’m hoping for 600 posts….

Merry Christmas all

A perfect troll never re-appears

Amos
    Free Member

TBH when I posted orginally I didn’t have a clue it would blow up like this. I’m sorry for what I started, can we all just get along now

😀

Cougar

when I posted orginally I didn’t have a clue it would blow up like this.

Hi! You must be new here.

Amos
    Free Member

I know what it can get like but seriously some folk have FAR FAR too much time in their hands!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Out for a run in the woods with one of my dogs today (a flat coat retriever). He is normally a combination of quite bouncy but timid with other male dogs so is always keen to run close to me and to go back on a lead when approaching other dogs and humans. He is not aggressive in any way apart from the danger of possibly licking someone!!

But today, he was very well behaved with other dogs and humans and well under control. Then we came across a “professional” dog walking couple with several dogs on leads. I have seen them before and usually put my dog on the lead before passing them. But just missed them today as we came out of some bushes. So instead of being his normal defensive self, my flattie ran towards them, tail wagging, and non-aggressively.

My fault, that he didn’t respond to me (unusually) but was intrigued by 10 dogs all together. Anyway he stops just before the dogs as I catch up to put him on the lead and the women from the dog walking company aggressively starts showering him in pepper spray!!! WTF was that all about. OK, my fault that he should have stayed by my side as he would normally and I should have got him on the lead quicker. But there was no aggression and he stopped before the other dogs. I guess she was trying to prevent anything happening but all seemed OTT.

As it was the season of goodwill, I decided to merely apologise, ignore and move off quickly. But seemed a massive over-reaction?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I don’t get the impression that TJ is afraid of dogs. I don’t think that many people are, but what a lot of people don’t like is selfish, inconsiderate behaviour from people who interpret ‘shared space’ as ‘I can do what I like with zero regard or respect for anybody else, but they have to make concessions to me’. And dog owners are right up there IME.

anagallis_arvensis

But seemed a massive over-reaction?

I presume pepper spray is painful for the dog, not to mention legal or not? I’d have kicked her in the clunge at worst or reported her to the police, dog warden and anyone else I could think of.. naming her business.

People who are fearful I can accept my take a swipe at a dog with but people who understand dogs or make there living from them mistreat them it really boils my piss.

On todays walk I met an old guy who also has a lurcher, used to breed them and works his. He commented on how well trained Kea was and also said he’s seen the dog out and about with the Mrs and Junior in his pram and said how well she controls the dog…. I was very proud 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

MrSalmon – its a bit like the attitude of “some” MTB-ers – me, myself, I have the right to ride where I like, how I like, when I like, through RL if I like etc!!!

A-A – both my dogs are well behaved (thanks to my wife’s hard work) and there was no real incident at all, other than my dog did run towards the walker who had lots of dogs on leads. So it was my responsibility to ensure that he responded to my call. But I was a fraction late and he was too intrigued. But he did stop at least 5m away – but I appreciate that this was annoying for the dog wlaker as she had her dogs pulling on their leashes. Still pepper spray to diffuse?????? Fine (perhaps, if the dogs had got too close and growling etc). But this wasnt the case.

Felt good about turning my back and not responding but it did niggle me for the rest of the run!!

richc
    Free Member

If it was pepper spray report her to the Police, as its an offence under section 5 of the firearms act (That UK Law, not TJ’s Law btw, so its actually applies to the real world)

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q589.htm

Pepper spray falls under s 5(b) of the Firearms Act 1968;

“(b) any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing”

It is offence to possess, purchase, acquire, manufacture, sell or transfer a s 5 firearm (or weapon in this case rather than firearm) without permission from the appropriate authorities. It’s not technically impossible to get that permission but so unlikely as to be impossible in practice.

The police can carry CS gas because the Firearms Act does not apply to Crown Servants (ie police, army) so they are not restricted by it.

The sentencing case law for this offence suggest that possession of CS gas is likely to attract 6 months (Attorney-General’s Reference No 128 of 2006). Pepper spray, while technically different from pepper spray, is unlikely to be treated any differently.
    Source(s):
    Firearms Act 1968 s 5(b)
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968…

Sentencing case law
    Attorney-General’s Reference No 128 of 2006 No: 200605840 A3 [2007] EWCA Crim 296

Some people don’t seem to understand that the stuff is illegal for a **** good reason, for example taken from here:
    http://www.aclu-sc.org/attach/p/Pepper_Spray_New_Questions.pdf

US study results for pepper spray use over an 18 month period

The fatality total suggests that one person dies
    after being pepper sprayed for about every 600 times the spray is used by police.

Then you have the blisters and skin issues to deal with, fair enough for the Police to use it when necessary, but a dog walker shouldn’t be spraying it around willy-nilly.

prezet
    Free Member

Anyway he stops just before the dogs as I catch up to put him on the lead and the women from the dog walking company aggressively starts showering him in pepper spray!!!

Odd that someone who professionally walks dogs would react in such a cruel way – I’d be nervous being an owner of the dogs she walks, god knows how she treats them!

prezet
    Free Member

I’d still report her, even in a non-incident. Next time someone or their dog might get very badly hurt.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’d still report her, even in a non-incident. Next time someone or their dog might get very badly hurt.

Or a baby robin could be killed or a child’s face could be cruelly ripped off or……

prezet
    Free Member

Or a baby robin could be killed or a child’s face could be cruelly ripped off or……

….. TJ could be sniffed. Scary thoughts I know.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

its a bit like the attitude of “some” MTB-ers – me, myself, I have the right to ride where I like, how I like, when I like, through RL if I like etc!!!

Very true, dog owners don’t have a monopoly by any means. Last few times I’ve been to Cannock I’ve been quite surprised by how people are prepared (for example) stop in groups in the middle of the trail without giving a toss about anyone else or making any attempt to move to the side.

But at the moment I see far more dogs than I do MTBers and was cleaning dog $hit off my shoe just last night so bit more topical 😉

But the pepper spray sounds ridiculous!

donsimon
    Free Member

….. TJ could be sniffed. Scary thoughts I know.

But, but, but my dog has no nose!!!

MrSmith
    Free Member

I don’t get the impression that TJ is afraid of dogs

he isn’t afraid of anything. well not if there’s a keyboard involved.

richc
    Free Member

TJ earlier

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But, but, but my dog has no nose!!!

That must be a bitch

Viewing 28 posts - 561 through 588 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘SOME dog owners make me very angry…..’ is closed to new replies.