Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)
  • SOME CHAV BASTARD IS ROLLIN OUT ON MY YETI 5!!!!
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I live in Brizol, add your bike to contents insurance its a lot cheaper than getting specifc insyrance. They also give home and away so if it gets nicked abroad its still insured.

takisawa2

Set up an auto search with some key words on Ebay, it will email you when something gets listed.
    Also some Wtd ads in local rags, shops etc, but not specifically for a Yeti, just a high end FS or something.

sprocker
    Free Member

I am near you and will keep an eye out my mates turned up in Bramcote about 2 months taken after being taken from Sandiacre.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m in rural Lincolnshire, which as far car and household insurers are concerned is one of the best areas of the country. Quote for my race bike? £750 (that’s with one foreign trip per year). Mine’s not insured either…

I insured mine with all upgrades fully specified down to the tyres in with my contents insurance, with optional ‘away from home’ cover and the amount it added was negligable…

If I received quote for £750 (more that my combined car and house insurance btw) I would simply laugh at it and go elsewhere…

Who quoted you that? I take it was a specific bike policy…How much did the bike add to your home’s contents policy?

macb
    Free Member

That’s really rotten and good luck on finding it.

On the insurance side it’s quite tricky, full cover on expensive bikes costs £100s. To cover mine the best I could find more than trebled my total buildings and contents cover, but that was still limited to £2k. However there is another option for the future and I went into this in great detail with the Halifax before taking the cover. I have a high value item addition to my policy, total £20k and individual item value £5k which costs about £20 a year.

The weird thing is my bikes aren’t covered in the garage. But if I wheel them through the door at the back into the utility room then they’re fully covered on my contents as high value items….go figure.

MrAgreeable

maybe as a false ebay listing (£0.00 buy it now, so it shows under the search terms).

Don’t do this – it’ll just make any savvy thief take it off eBay and flog it on Gumtree or Facebook instead.

Set up a saved search (Just “Yeti” would do, I doubt that many of them are listed) and you’ll get an email with a picture every time someone lists one.

MrAgreeable

For those of you with insurance saying “I told you so”, remember that a favourite trick of thieves is to come back for a repeat visit and clean out your shiny new replacements.

andrewh
    Free Member

Patriotpro, I have found that quotes are usually about 10% of the value, plus a bit for a foreign trip in my case. £750 was the best I could find!
    Not on household as it’s over the single item limit. Anyone ever tried the “they stole a frame, some forks, a rear wheel, a chainset….” way round the single item bit?
    Anyway, car insurance is £360, for a 2litre petrol, parked just outside the bike shed (worth about a third as much as the posh bike though)
    I can understand exactly why the OP wasn’t insured, sounds like he’s in a much rougher area than me, god knows what his quote would have been.
    I did find a better foreign trip policy this time, took the Snowcard poliy for myself, covers sports equipment up to £3k so it would go someway towards it, plus another £1k for personal belongings (tools, dirtworker, helemts etc etc carried in the van with bike) Cheapest travel insurance with racing cover was £75 so I thought the extra £45 for (part of) the bike was worth it. More worried about crashing the van driving on the wrong side of the road and breaking the bike that way…

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Im with Halifax home contents insurance you can specify any single item like a bike for any amount and get home and away from home insurance. It covers me for trips abroad to so as long as they dont exceed 30 days. Seemed quite cheap to.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

good luck mate gutted for you

try marks & spencers its the only option i was prepared to consider

ill only get 2k back for my 4k bike but its not that expensive .

i think i pay around £400.00 a year & its listed

i just had to provide a reciept

patriotpro
    Free Member

FWIW – I’m with Budget at the mo and the policy is excellent for additional items cover..

Saying that all my previous policies – M&S & AA for example have all given similar cover at very little extra cost. The only reason i’ve switched is because of slight cost savings for better or same policies at renewal time.

I take those who can’t get reasonable/affordable cover are using comparison sites…?

edwardgurhy
    Free Member

Greg,

you may be in luck…

Do you have a frame number?

E.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Waits patiently for positive conclusion…

Good luck

culpzy
    Free Member

Me too haha, best of luck buddy.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Edward, tell us you’ve found it dude!

edwardgurhy
    Free Member

Need to speak to Greg first…..

fingers crossed!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

YO, GREG!

*telekinetics*

YO, GREG!

reedspeed
    Free Member

Ive just text him to get in touch,so fingers x’d guys..& thx..

reedspeed
    Free Member

He is/was on Holiday but ive told him the score,in the meantime,if theres anything i can do to speed the job along,someone email me on:simon.reed@orange.net

Thx Guys..

gregfreer
    Free Member

Hi all!!!

Thanks for all help even if nothing comes of this.

Frame nr is 10R 50273 M

. . . . . .

gregfreer
    Free Member

gregfreer at gmail dot com

bigbloke
    Free Member

watches with positive vibes….

Junkyard
    Free Member

gets nervously excited and optimistic

edwardgurhy
    Free Member

That’s a good frame number – let’s make that call!!!

wwaswas

That’s a good frame number – let’s make that call!!!

how exciting 🙂

wisepranker
    Free Member

Sounds promising 😀

slowjo
    Free Member

and……..

C’mon, this is better than Corrie!

aa
    Free Member

i love a happy ending.

hope this is one!

yossarian
    Free Member

COME ON FFS, i’ve got the tissues out!

😯

wwaswas

i’ve got the tissues out!

It’s not that exciting 😉

edwardgurhy
    Free Member

Just got off the phone…. 😛

simonm
    Free Member

winner ?

theocb
    Free Member

Oops. wrong thread.

althepal

Come on!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

…watching

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

someone somewhere is getting owned by a pair of bombers as we live and breath . . . i hope?

willard

The suspense is killing me! COME ON MAN!!! TELL US WHAT’S GOING ON!!!!

zippykona

Can I buy the film rights?
    ….thats a mighty fine frame you have there stranger. Looks just like ol’Bill Carsons….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘SOME CHAV BASTARD IS ROLLIN OUT ON MY YETI 5!!!!’ is closed to new replies.