Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • So what's on the cards for a reasonably warm Friday night??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

After returning from hols post 4 hr delay at 5 am on Tuesday and working flat knacker since I managed to drag my weary body out of bed it feels like we never went away!! So tonight me and mrs w and the mini w’s have so far had a game of wi bowling, crisp selection and a few drinks. Memories of the lovely holiday slowly seeping back in and cant wait to pile all the bikes in the van tomorrow and have some more family time!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Just been for a run and then doing naff all. Was at SGP over last weekend, so taking it easy this one.

philconsequence
    Free Member

climbing lesson with mrsconsequence and a good friend for his birthday.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Painting the blooming extension, at least its been dry for a few days so might last another 5 years before i ave to do it again.

Still got 25miles done this morning and getting 40 tomorrow.

Jamie
    Free Member

climbing lesson with mrsconsequence and a good friend for his birthday.

Sounds good Phil. If I was local I would come with….got no decent climbing places round my way….gah!

Edit: Yes. I did just invite myself 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

Busy weekend so easy one tonight, some spotify surfing to find some new bands, listening/enjoying Drive By Truckers at the moment.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆 at first i was like:

then jamie invited himself and i was like:

Sue_W
    Free Member

Got friends staying so off for dinner at a very nice French restuarant tonight (hot evening here so summer dress will be required!) Then mountainbiking on the Berwyns all day tomorrow 🙂 (must remember to not drink too much French wine tonight …)

A nice end to a pretty sh*tty couple of days.

emsz
    Free Member

Sara on her way down NOW. Haven’t seen her for 2 weeks, am going to faint with excitement.

8)

yunki
    Free Member

more washing up I imagine.. the same as the last 336 hours.. I love it

althepal

Finished nights yesterday, spent the day out with my boy and the missus today touring frigates, playing on bouncy castles and at the park. Sals off out to a retirement do for a bit so me and my boy playing in the back garden before bath then bedtime. Good times.

yossarian
    Free Member

Been on the beach most of the afternoon with the kids, so they are glowing from the wind and sun. And very tired. 🙂

Just put the youngest down (no, not like that), and have just finished up mowing the lawn in preparation for a big superhero birthday party for my 3 year old tomorrow. We are transforming the downstairs into a batcave tonight! Probably a few beers and some nice food, then sleep the sleep of them wot need it!

Kevevs
    Free Member

beer, music, cooking, CV fiddling, beer, music, faffing on internet, beer, Seinfeld DVD’s (there are so many!), faffing on internet, music, CV faffing, beer. reheating previous cooking. music. something like that. you going on the Berwyns MBNW forum ride Sue? have a good un! I couldn’t get off bloody work 🙁

wrightyson
    Free Member

KeV, good amount of music in there!! Just got the charts on MTV of all things blaring out in our gaff at the mo!

Lifer
    Free Member

Onto some Gil Scott-Heron now.

BOO and indeed OOOM!

Kevevs
    Free Member

err yeah, wrighty, it’s MY music choice though. Guess I’m lucky in a way :?. Mind you, some of my CD’s are borked. Good choice Lifer

Sue_W
    Free Member

Kev – no, not the MBNW ride, out with some other friends – not exactly sure where we’re going, but they said about 5-6 hrs across the hills so I’m packing extra jelly babies 🙂

Oh, and are you job applying? (or just CV fiddling for the sheer joy of it ..)

Kevevs
    Free Member

get the jelly babies in, they are the source of all cycling power! hope it’s gonna be a smashing day for you Sue 🙂 forget the crap and have some fun with yer mates on a bike! and why not.

CV fiddling for jobs I don’t care about. but want a job where I can be useful.

Coyote
    Free Member

Nice glass of Chardonnay on the go. May switch to a meaty Spanish red later.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As I said kev “of all things” !! Me and mrs w will be hitting the spotify later for sure!!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

BBQ @ son’s Explorer Scout unit (it’s his retirement do – he was 18 on Wednesday) followed by pub! 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Just been for a blast around Shipley Glen and am about to order Dominos with the lass.

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLtRHN7fsgY[/video]

Kevevs
    Free Member

you love it really wrightson! spotify – all my newly favourite tunes I’ve hammered. I’m on the old CD’s! Good one Lifer

wrightyson
    Free Member

You got a voucher GG??

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes keV I’m currently dancing with the kids to a record called lmfao with the lyrics champagne showers? Seems somewhat surreal or possibly wrong?

Kevevs
    Free Member

sound like a laugh Wrighty!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just pitched up at Silverstone ready for the super bikes tomorrow.

kimbers

watching dreadful tv with my inlawws

wrightyson
    Free Member

😆 @ kimbers!! Sorry!!

tiggs121
    Free Member

Just in after a wee road run from Galashiels to St Marys Loch and back via Innerleithen and Yair Bridge. A couple of beers and now considering food!

weare138
    Free Member

Just watched Rick Stein in Spain and really feel like moving there.. Been babysitting and planning Monday night road ride with a good friend. No drinking tonight either.

rp16v
    Free Member

chinese billy madison and avatar thats me sorted.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, it’s a little late, as it’s now the morning, but my very warm Friday night involved eating an epic meal on Smith Street (Chilli Cumin Beef, dumplings in sour soup, etc. etc.), washed down with a little too much Harbin. It’s now far too early, I have a hangover and my flight leaves in about an hour.

Time for some Kaya toast and eggs……

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

vodka ! 😆 😐 😳

Few beers at the Church Inn, Darley Dale with the lovely Mrs STR, daughter and a dozen or so mates post work in the beer garden.

Rode Brown Trousers/Lea/Black Rocks last night wrightyson – was perfect and dusty with beers till midnight as afters – mojo well and truly back and locked on 8)

Kevevs
    Free Member

Just split from the wife, she decided she wanted a break 4 weeks ago and decided the other night that she hasn’t missed me, is not in love with me and has no feelings for me so we called it a day.

Never thought I would feel so empty and shite as this is the last thing I wanted. We’ve been together 11 years and it was supposed/is our 7 year anniversary this weekend.

Head is a mess at the mo, feelings range from angry to empty please tell me things will get easier and offer any advice you can

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that kev, that’s a pretty shit situation and apologies for my earlier lol at your expense. Hope things iron out for you, my best mate went through it a few years back and after a few hard months he moved on and is now in a new house with new mrs and trying for babies. Every cloud eh….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice one artist btw, I heard about this brown trousers run a coupla weeks ago from a lad who rides out of heage on a Tuesday night. Not one of your group is he?? Loving black rocks any time of year/day btw and if it’s quiet love the run behind birchwood farm campsite, super quick if you want it to be!!!

No mate, not one of ours – we are all Darley Dale & Matlock.

Do you know the route? I’ll describe it for you if not. A lad riding up there on his own a couple of weeks ago on his own came off and broke his neck & back – hopefully going to be ok, but fortunately he had a whistle with him, otherwise he wouldn’t have been found.

Cleaned the climb up to the trig point via the right hand rocky side on Thursday. Do you mean the run on the bottom side of the campsite? Got to be doing 30mph+ down there, then cut left down the chute to the A6?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘So what's on the cards for a reasonably warm Friday night??’ is closed to new replies.