Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • So theres a Police car outside my sons nursery with 'blues on
  • hora
    Free Member

Today-The front door has damage and the staff refuse to elaborate. I will probably be told ‘all ok’ by the owner but should I buy it?

I waited 30mins outside for the officers to return to their car (to ask them)- they didnt come out so it must be a bloody long statement.

New nursery on Monday then???

druidh
    Free Member

Have they arrived to arrest him?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wait until you know what actually happened. Obviously any parent would be concerned and need some information/ re assurance

hora
    Free Member

Or ‘her’? Who knows?

brakes
    Free Member

have you prepared an alibi for Hora Jnr?

druidh
    Free Member

I assume you know the sex of your son?

poly
    Free Member

I’d guess its something like an estranged parent who has tried to collect a child to which they have no custody and then gone a bit “radge’ when refused. Should that concern you? Probably not.

footflaps

He doesn’t have kids, just hangs around nurseries pretending….

😉

hora
    Free Member

As in A member of staff. Previously the old nursery manager was fired after her boyfriend slept with another member of staff and they had an argument. Time for a new place.

Poly I was hoping that rather than a psycho/random childhater a la the one that attacked a nursery a few years ago

yossarian
    Free Member

It’s not really about you and your theories. Find out what happened first. If its an estranged parent and the nursery kept them out that’s actually quite reassuring isn’t it?

Changing placements can be very stressful for a child. Don’t make yours go through it cos your knee is jerking.

hora
    Free Member

True

spacemonkey

Are they not obliged to tell you what happened? I’d defo kick up a right fuss.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do you not mean ask some pertinent questions because the welfare of my child is paramount?

probably trying to let it all settle down fist as no point in
    a) having lots of worried parents leaving with upset kids
    b) they may not actually know all the details at the moment

yossarian
    Free Member

Don’t blame you for being protective, that’s what us dads are for. 🙂 hard to step back once that trigger has been pulled though

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My guess is the owner/manager should be surprised if you didn’t ask TBH. If it was my business, I’d be stood at the door tomorrow ready to field questions from concerned parents and reassure them. I might not tell the truth tho.

hora
    Free Member

Off the phone to the Police- there were no threats to children made but due to data protection he couldnt elaborate. I will speak to the owner tomorrow

csb

Sounds to me like it was handled appropriately – what more would you want?

If you find out a kid has gone missing that’s the time to worry isn’t it?

Trekster

Not uncommon to have the police at my daughters school 🙄

mefty
    Free Member

but should I buy it?

Obviously a police visit will have a short term impact on the school’s revenues but if in a decent area I imagine these will recover and you should be able to do very well. I can see you owning Nurseries.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I doubt the nursery can hide behind data protection an i would expect some explanation

that said if they failed to get in and they got the plod in then they have done the right thing and their procedures and security work

Its not their fault if a mad man on the street attacks the door, and irate parent turns up what counts is how they dealt with it surely.

not sure i would be this rational if it was my kid mind.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

meh. paying people to look after your kids…the world is overpopulated anyway if you dont have the time to raise your own kids dont have them

warton
    Free Member

but due to data protection he couldnt elaborate

Bollocks. there is no way the DPA would stop him giving ou a brief rundown of what happened

meh. paying people to look after your kids…the world is overpopulated anyway if you dont have the time to raise your own kids dont have them

Yawn

CountZero

jonah tonto – Member

Deary, deary me… 🙄
    Why don’t you go back to trolling bereaved parents on FaceBook?

hora
    Free Member

Jonah thats right. Maybe we should stay at home and you could pay our keep out of the tax you pay?

fisha
    Free Member

To be honest, I wouldn’t have told you much about the incident over the phone either … just not really practice to do so. Despite who you say you are, you don’t REALLY know who the person is on the other end of the phone, so details just aren’t given out.

The nursery is the best place to get information about what happened really. I can understand your concerns, and I would be expecting at least some sort of overview on what happened as a mimumim to reassure me about my child being safe.

freeagent
    Free Member

What a ****.

Edukator
    Free Member

Jonah has a valid point, why the abuse?

hora
    Free Member

Off tangent at the least. Saying that if we didn’t spend them money on local employment/services we could save it and spend it on foreigners/holidays overseas but again thats off at a similar tangent.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He doesn’t deserve abuse for his opinion, but choosing a thread where someone is worried about his child’s welfare to air his (as he would well know, contrarian) view is about as tactless as it gets. I dunno…some people can’t stop themselves though, not that you’d know too much about that Ed.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Which part of his point was valid, I missed it. None of it really made sense after “meh”, so I assumed it was a goat

Junkyard
    Free Member

What DD said

binners

Jonah tonto is actually Daily Mail columnist Liz Jones and I claim my five (imperial) pounds

She’s just doing a bit of prole trolling in between writing columns berating the way the country has been going to the dogs since 1950. Working mothers? Immigrants? The end of the Gold Standard? Suez? Comprehensive education? We’re all going to hell in a handcart

timc
    Free Member

Edukator – Member

err no he doesnt

hora
    Free Member

Ok
    A friend of one of the mums was not let into the nursery as they did not know him. He started kicking off as he wanted to come in and see the mum who was in there. When told no and closed the door he smashed the window from the outside. They pushed the rest of the glass out later. He is a rough type ‘name’ knows from the ‘really rough’ pub. Owner is going to speak to the mum. Wants assurance not bringing him again. If not happy with reply kid will have to leave nursery.

Binners- its a certain pub that I’d NEVER drink in and I’m not scared of anyone.

GrahamS

None of it really made sense after “meh”, so I assumed it was a goat

Any 2 year old will tell you that the Billy Goats Gruff go over the bridge.
    Jonah is the one living under it. 😀

GrahamS

When told no and closed the door he smashed the window from the outside.

Nice, smashing the window of a nursery full of children? What a prize nobber.
    Hope the police did more than just have a word.

hora
    Free Member

[Daily Mail hat on] I imagine the mother/friend had those Government free Nursery places vouchers [/Daily Mail hat on]. Our Health visitor told us the postcode/area next to ours is eligible for 15hours free nursery a week to help people get back into work…..

Flame me!

shifter
    Free Member

Thought everyone got the free 15 hours, I know I do and I’m not in “one of those postcodes”.

hora
    Free Member

After a certain age, 3? . Before ‘certain postcodes do’ in my local area.

I imagine some will abuse it royally whilst others will use it very wisely.

binners

Why not move to that postcode then? You’ll get your nursery vouchers, as well as a free 52″ flatscreen telly, with Sky, some nice tasteful jewellery from Argos and 20 Lambert and Butler a day.

You know you want too. I can see you with your tracky bottoms tucked into your socks and your hand permanently down the front of them

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘So theres a Police car outside my sons nursery with 'blues on’ is closed to new replies.