Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So, many here thought we should have let that Dutch bigot in…
  • IHN
    sofatester
    Free Member

You’ve got to love “freedom of Speech”!

BigDummy
    Free Member

They are idiots. And I suspect we can cope with them.

The Durch bleurk was making a slightly more sophisticated and useful argument than “god hates fags. FACT” however.

IHN

Wasn’t his argument basically “muslims are bad?”

BigDummy
    Free Member

In merry old England they plan to further enrage the living God by putting on the farce known commonly as The Laramie Project.

I find it terribly difficult to conceive of god being greatkly excited by people performing a play about someone being killed for being gay. But maybe god really is a petty, bigotted little twerp with no sense of proportion. In which case it is unclear why they care so much about what he thinks. Wierdos. 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

IHN – his argument was that the koran really does provide the essential justification for muslim violence.

IHN

Fair enough. Saying that, there’s a fair bit of nasty stuff in the bible too which gives rise to t1ts like these Americans.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Agreed. I think there is a legitimate distinction to be made by a liberal society between someone who is a crazed religious fanatic who hates gays, and someone who says that crazed religious fanatics hate gays because they are crazed religious fanatics.

But ultimately I don’t mind gays, and am deeply intolerant of muslim political violence, so am struggling to claim any real impartiality. 😉

epicyclo

If you don’t have free speech, you don’t have freedom.

IHN

Wasn’t the Dutch guy implying that Muslims as a whole were crazed religious fanatics though? Which kind of implies that he’s a bit of a fanatic himself.

Whatever, both he and this lot are mightily objectionable and I have no problem with them being refused entry.

enfht
    Free Member

CAREFUL guys, there are some very vocal people on STW’s forums who misinterpret a genuine concern of islamic ideology with far-right fascist mentality. You will summon up a a whirlwind of furious HATEFUL replies from these blinkered idiots.

firestarter
    Free Member

kids had a community police talk at school a bit back and the coppers said ‘remember not all muslims are terrorists’ lol it did make me chuckle 😉

darrell
    Free Member

all religious people are fecked in the head and should be banned full stop.

someone invent a proper spaceship and ship them off to their own planets and leave the rest of us alone

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have not seen it IHN, only read of it. However, if (big if) the summary of it contained in the wikipedia article here is fair then the essential message is not dissimilar to that in Ed Husain’s book, The Islamist. Recall that Husain is co-director of the Quilliam Foundation, which is favoured by government.

The troubling aspect of it is that there must be a suspicion that this guy has been surpressed because if he had not been then the response from the violent extremists he complains of would have been violent extremism.

Complaining about the chilling effect on free speech of the threat of being murdered by crazed medievalist ninnies is thus itself banned, in case the ninnies murder someone as a consequence.

Neither Wilders, Van Gogh, Hirsi Ali or anyone on this forum suggests that all muslims are murderous idiots. Clearly they aren’t. But Wilders has been prevented from suggesting that the root cause of some of them being murderous idiots is their religion by the possibility of them runnign amok if he does so. His film contains references to the murder of Van Gogh, who was killed by muslim extremists. The Danish guy who penned some of the cartoons that set these twerps off last time around sued Wilders to make him remove the image of one of the cartoons from fitna, bercause the guy was already in hiding under armed guard and didn’t need anymore heat on him. 😐

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wilders is a fascist whos purpose is to stir up racial hatred – and had a real prospect of doing so. His only aim is to create trouble. He has no rights to do so in our country – we can refuse entry to people who intend to break the law. We don’t have to let him (or others with the same aim) in.

You do however get into the bag of worms that is “no platform for racists”

If he had a UK passport he could have shown his film – and then he would / could / should have been prosecuted for incitement to racial hatred (or however the law is worded. Is prevention before an illegal act better or worse than prosecution after?

Remember he is awaiting prosecution for the same offense in Hlland.

Would you let a non uk national in to create racial stife delberatly?

binners

Let em all in. They can say what they like.

The best thing to do with these people is let them rant on, then point at them and laugh. Then possibly bare your bottom at them, give em the vees, throw rotten fruit at them. That kind of thing.

Nothing winds em up more than being mocked for their idiotic, backward views. Don’t give em the satisfaction of taking them seriously

kimbers

should really have let the dutch guy in then thrown eggs at him or somethin

let the gay haters in too, all it will do is promote the play much more than would have ever happened before

BigDummy
    Free Member

TJ, that’s fine, he is an unsavoury character. However, there is concern, not wholly on the part of fascists (unless such concern absent other factors is now an indicator of fascism) that the much worse trouble is stored up by not challenging the people who are already stirring up trouble. Read this stuff: Dispatches: Undercover Mosque. I am seriously in doubt where all the screeds about criminal incitement etc etc get us in a case like that.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Ha, Louis Theroux spent time with the American’s, one of hie weird weekends I think.

Nutters, haha good tv though 🙂

curtisthecat
    Free Member

In an ideal world we would let these people spew their racial bigoted views and laugh and mock them. However there is a percentage of the population that would take these views at face value. Think of all the so called marginalized people that feel they are being pushed to the edge of society and forgotten. And Daily Mail readers. These bigots are speaking their language. So, I think it is a very tough call whether to ban people.

sofatester
    Free Member

They should give them 10 minutes in the centre circle of White Hart lane ever Saturday. I’m sure they will get there point across there!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So, many here thought we should have let that Dutch bigot in…’ is closed to new replies.