Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • So, do I keep it or remind them AGAIN, to pick it up?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Matalan Direct (don’t mock) issue.

We ordered & paid for 2 small sofas for the new conservatory on the 1st April (there’s a clue already) had a delivery date & timeslot for 21st April, no worries. Order came in the timeslot, except only one sofa was delivered & even that was the wrong one. Only realised after unpacking.
    Phoned the helpline who were ‘helpful’ enough & they said they’d sort it all out including a pickup time for the wrong sofa.
    Nowt else for 3 days, so I phone them again & they say they’ll chase things up again. Then I get a call from the delivery people (who just deliver what theyr’e given to be fair) to say that they’ll be here at between 11am 1pm with ‘our order’, I also mention the wrong sofa that’s sitting in it’s box in our dining room & they say that Matalan will organise the pickup for that. Couriers arrive well within time with……One more wrong sofa (not two correct ones like we ordered) Obviously I decline the order & tell them about the other wrong one wev’e still got.
    I’m now pissed cos wev’e waited in twice for the wrong stuff so I complain via the Matalan ‘contact us’ link which says, ‘we aim to respond to your email within 4 hours’ (this was 18.00hrs yesterday, 27/04/17).
    I’m still waiting for either a response from that or an idea when my order will be delivered in full OR when the wrong sofa will be collected!
    How long should I wait before I request a full refund &/or stick the wrong sofa on Fleabay?

seosamh77
    Free Member

you’re expecting a reply within 4 hours from an email sent at 6pm last night? you serious?

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, I’m inclined to agree with the above, that’s a bit of an unrealistic expectation in this instance. I’d give them a day. I’d also be picking up the phone now to get to a proper complaints team. Or consider being noisy on social media.

You’re emailing a generic email address, you need to get your issue noticed compared to the ‘what colour feet does sofa HB3852-394/z have?’ Type stuff, which that box will be inundated with.

shifter
    Free Member

I’m now pissed

Pleased it’s not just me that cracks a beer whilst waiting for a delivery.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m now pissed

That would explain things.

zanelad
    Free Member

I’d check your order. Sure you ordered the right ones.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

you’re expecting a reply within 4 hours from an email sent at 6pm last night? you serious?

Sorry I’ll make it a bit clearer.
    I emailed the complaint off at 6pm on 26th, I wrote the OP late last night, the 27th. Which makes it about 28 hours.

& I’m still waiting for a response, either to the complaint or about when the bloody sofas are coming!

I’d check your order. Sure you ordered the right ones.

Oohh let me see……yes, definately ordered 2 grey upholstered & I’m stuck with 1 faux leather chestnut.

legend
    Free Member

If only they had shops that you could go into and speak to a hooman

DezB
    Free Member

Matalan

I can feel the mass STWsneer from here.

Harry_the_Spider

I can feel the mass STWsneer from here

Here’s one I prepared earlier.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s the fella 🙂

tjagain

There used to be a provision in the law that for an article wrongly delivered you can claim it as yours after a specified timespan. I would cancel the order, reclaim your money, tell them once more to collect the wrongly delivered sofa and then wait until it becomes yours legally once you check the law on this

crankboy
    Free Member

tjagain I think that’s unsolicited goods not wrongly delivered . my view would be a) emails are for spam not proper complaints get on the phone and speak to someone. b) if you get no joy cancel order if you paid by credit card they are as liable as Matalan so you can hastle them too. c) if you are stuck with the unwanted sofa write and email to Matalan giving 24 hours to collect stating there after you will charge storage at price of sofa/14 per day. Then in two weeks tell them you are ebaying the sofa to recover your money.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well I’m back home after a day out, still no message either way. I’ve just phoned customer services AGAIN but theyr’e all busy so, according to the recorded message, someone will ring me back. 🙄

If only they had shops that you could go into and speak to a hooman

If only the shop sold what we wanted without having to do it online.

Hindsight is a…?

*answers on a postcard please*

garage-dweller

Hindsight is a four letter word.

frankconway

See link to email the chief exec direct- better than talking with customer service drones….
    http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9090

vongassit
    Free Member

Title had me guessing it was about bags of dog poo.

tjagain

I checked crankboy is right – this does not count as unsolicited goods

gears_suck
    Free Member

I think you need to persevere and maintain your composure. The most important thing is to get your money back if the problem is not resolved. Much better have someone on your side for that. Making enemies in the customer service dept’ isn’t a great idea. It’s not often you call and get the same person twice but, it does happen.
    Keep trying and eventually you might be lucky enough to find a “Can Do” helper instead of your run of the mill, give a toss agent.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Trouble is, there’s 3 people involved, Matalan Direct who are who wer’e buying from. Julian Bowen, who are the suppliers of the ordered goods. & Panther, who simply deliver what theyr’e told to. Panther have been spot on, theyv’e delivered the (wrong) items exactly when they said they would!
    I think I’ll be asking for a full refund tomorrow & go somewhere else.
    Should I mention the wrong item I still have in my possession once again though?

Cheers Frank, good link. I’m on the G&T’s so that’s a good idea1

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘So, do I keep it or remind them AGAIN, to pick it up?’ is closed to new replies.