Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Snap! Oops
  • Gordy
    Free Member

Broke a barrel adjuster today. Can I replace this bit or am I going to need new levers?

ziggy
    Free Member

Should be able to pick those up at any bike shop, think we sell them for about £1.50 each. Looks like a 6mm one to me.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

😯 What the hell have you been doing with those?!?! You're only supposed to use your fingers on them!

tails
    Free Member

you need new levers as you have snapped the thread off.

ziggy
    Free Member

Why does he need new levers? The outer parts just unscrews, non?

allthepies
    Free Member

The knurled bit is in the lever but just unscrews, no problemo.

Gordy
    Free Member

I'll be delighted if I can just fix 'em up. Thanks for the info, folks. I'll head over to the bike shop tomorrow.

What the hell have you been doing with those?!?! You're only supposed to use your fingers on them!

They're about 16 years old. :O)

tails
    Free Member

Why does he need new levers? The outer parts just unscrews, non?

My mistake I thought the thread was part of the lever, not the other way round.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yep, cheap & easy in any bike shop, take what you've got with you to match it up.

mud-monster
    Free Member

local bike shop should help you out… take them biscuits, they like that!!!

Ambrose

It's pretty much a universal fit item. I bet you or one of your mates has a spare one lying around somewhere. I'm near Swansea/ Carmarthen if you want one, I have loads in the bits box.

The biscuits/ doughnuts and coffee into your LBS is a good ruse. And pay too, it'll be more than worth it in the long-term.

bassspine
    Free Member

mud monster local bike shop should help you out… take them biscuits, they like that!!!

+100

Gordy
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer, Ambrose, but I'm in Edinburgh. Not talking to Wales at the moment because of the rugby anyway. ;O)

Gordy
    Free Member

Me and the baby took a trip into town and swapped two barrel adjusters for a packet of milk chocolate digestives at The Bike Chain this afternoon.

Nice bikes in that shop!

Ambrose

Result 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

I ate too many of those.

Did a lap of Arthurs Seat for every 2 i ate. Forgot how yummy they ones are.

Thanks – very kind of you.

Gordy
    Free Member

Any time. Thanks for the barrel adjusters. The bike's considerably less lethal now.

peachos
    Free Member

STX RC. ledgend!!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

peachos – Member
    STX RC. ledgend!!

I thought that too, means the OP's estimated age of 16 years is about right, as I used STX RC on an Orange I built up back in 1995, and it wasn't new then anyway.

Kona Fire Mountain, by any chance?

Gordy
    Free Member

No, it's an old Cannondale M-something.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Snap! Oops’ is closed to new replies.