Home Forums Chat Forum Smeg toaster – can you change broken elements

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Smeg toaster – can you change broken elements
  • charliemort

Had a dualit where you can change broken elements, haven’t been able to find out if you can do the same with Smeg?

Anyone know?

Thanks

rone

I’ve got one and although I haven’t done this but their cs were really good with me and sent a new kettle instantly when I had an issue.

airvent
    Free Member

Probably easier and only marginally more expensive to replace it.

HughStew

I have no knowledge about this, I just want to say that the first thing I thought on seeing the thread title was “Why would you want to toast smeg”, but then I have a very puerile sense to humour despite being 56 years old

sharkbait
    Free Member

Had a dualit where you can change broken elements

I’m trying to figure out why you haven’t still got it!
    Possibly the last toaster to ever buy.

charliemort

Still got the dualit -shouldn’t have used past tense! Smeg was donated, trying to fix it for a daughter

rOcKeTdOg

Talkie toaster?

Superficial
    Free Member

Coils are just chunky bits of wire, there’s no much to go wrong. If one side isn’t toasting, it’s unlikely to be the actual coil at fault. You may find that there’s a loose connection inside somewhere.

slowol

@charliemort
    Is this what you’re after?
    https://spares4smeg.co.uk/kitchen-appliances/small-kitchen-appliance-spares/toaster-spare-parts/smeg/heater

At £113 a new toaster might look a more attractive option. £20 or £30 for Russell Hobbs?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Smeg toaster – can you change broken elements’ is closed to new replies.