Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Slim fit shirts with long arms?
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Do they exist?

Need to stock up on some double cuff shirts. Most I’ve tried fit in the shoulders and neck, but come up short on the sleeves. They also tend to be too baggy round the waist. Any recommendations for slim fit or tapered at the waist, with good length in the arms?

Cheers

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Next do extra long arms, and are nice and cheap.

GHill

I’ve found the Marks and Spencer ones to be a pretty good fit, but it was more neck and shoulders that caused me problems.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sadly, despite their diminishing quality, Lewin are that sort of cut.

lunge

Charles Thyritt is where I would look, their extra slim fit shirts come in a variety of arm lengths and will do the job I would have thought,

mudshark
    Free Member

I buy Charles Tyrwhitt, should suit you.

burgatedicky

Charles Tyrwhitt!
    You need to know your neck and arm length sizes (inches or cm) but having got that sorted they have an abundance of shirts to choose from.

I don’t know where you are, but if possible pop into one of their stores where their staff have always been dead helpful to me.

Finally, dont be a mug and buy ANYTHING full price, they have sales every few months when you can get a whole load of shirts for next to nothing (although their perpetual 4for£100 offer is good value for the quality)

linky;
    http://www.ctshirts.co.uk

<Beaten to it….30secs!!!!>

wrightyson
    Free Member

Zara.

nickb

I’m with CFH on this one – Lewin is probably a good place to look

eatsdirt
    Free Member

I have been pleased with TM Lewin over the years. They do slim fit and long sleeves, not that I need either sadly…

brakes
    Free Member

Tyrwhitt extra slim fit are not that slim at all, especially round the waist. I wear them and I’m no racing snake.

njee20
    Free Member

Better than their ‘normal’ slim fit, which are actually tents!

Nice shirts though.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. Will check out Charles Tryryrhiwiyiwit & TM Lewin

edward2000
    Free Member

Banana republic do non iron slim fit shirts which I think are great. Don’t know about the arm length though.

willard

Charles Tryryrhiwiyiwit Slim Fit for me. TM Lewin used to be my go-to supplier, but I prefer the Charles Tryryrhiwiyiwit for their double cuff shirts now.

All this talk of extra slim fit for non-racing snakes has ruined my body image though. Despite being well under 90kg and 1.97m tall I now feel self-concious about my weight.

lunge

Charles Thyritt extra slim are not that slim at all, fitted is a better description I think.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Fitted is what I probably need tbh. I’m probably over-compensating by thinking about extra-slim shirts. I’m not really skinny, it’s just that my chest is wider than my waist, and I have freaky long arms. Most shirts I try on seem to be wider than they are long.

IA

M&S do a two inch longer range, suits me perfectly as I’m about 2″ longer than average (steady! 😉 )

JEngledow
    Free Member

+1 for the M&S 2″ longer slim fit shirts.

matthewjb
    Free Member

The T M Lewin non-iron shirts are great.

They do 3 levels of fit. Regular, slim and fitted I think. And 3 sleeve lengths.

Generally they have some special offer on. I just got 5 shirts for about £90.

edhornby

I would go for lewin over trywhitt, lewin fit better with similar quality

howver itaylor.com will do a plain white shirt for 15 quid that you can give them all the measurements for, pick the collar, button cuff style – I’m kinda tempted to get one myself…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Slim fit shirts with long arms?’ is closed to new replies.