Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SKS Rennkompressor- rated?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Need a new track pump- had a Pedros one before but its dead now. The SKS looks good, and I like the traditional style adaptable head (thumblock option, not the EVA etc)

ojom
    Free Member

We had one here. It lasted 4 weeks before it went for recycling. Not very good in use.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Oh dear, thats a good start. What do you use in the shop/recommend?

ojom
    Free Member

We use an Airace Turbo thingy massive beastie. And Pedros Prestige models.

They have been great and see daily abuse.

In fact, it’s remarkable how good they have been.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Pedros looks good- but need to justify the £50+ cost!

Will have a look at Airace- want something that I don’t have to dismantle the head on.

Silca any good?

ojom
    Free Member

No experience of Silca sorry.

convert

Rennkompressor was pretty much the default shop solution for a long while back in the day. Mine (home workshop) has been a faithful workhorse for 20+ years. Replaced the head a year or two ago and for the first time in 10 years unscrewed the main barrel last week and put a dab of grease in there. Back to silky smooth again. No reason to doubt it will not outlast me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

New ones not a patch on old ones

We had a 20 year old rennekompressor we inherited from another shop that closed down . Great but eventually it wore out to much and we couldnt get the spares to suit

Replaced with a new rennekompressor and had similar experiance to thebikechain

jonathan
    Free Member

10+ years on a Rennkrompressor here – first head was rubbish so was swapped for one off a broken pump (can’t remember which make), that head died recently so I put a new EVA head on and it’s actually very good.

I’ve never touched it otherwise and it’s always worked faultlessly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I hd the thumblock one – the silver thumb lock lever and it needed holding in place to stop it leaking with Presta but SKS replaced it for free with the Multivalve one

Some very mixed reports from it on here but I think it will outlast me and customer service sis HOPE like in its helpfulness.

bigblackshed

Silca. The last track pump you will ever buy. A silca track pump is for life, not just for Xmas. (Although they make great Xmas presents)

My LBS has one that was old and tatty when the current owner first started there as a shop boy 20 odd years ago.

Big-M
    Free Member

Rennkrompressor here for about 15 years… replaced head, good as new… well a bit rusty round the edges but works a treat

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SKS Rennkompressor- rated?’ is closed to new replies.