Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Skinny people….?
  • fizzicist
    Free Member

5 Years ago I was 5’10 and 96 Kgs. Main sport was Sailing, so an element of cardiovascular but mainly static endurance and a lot of upper body strength.

Then I got into MTB.

I’m now 77kgs.

Weight varies between 77 and 80kg. Race Weight is 74/75Kgs. To drop weight I simply stop boozing and avoid refined sugar. Ramping up the hours on the bike has an impact too.

Cougar

I’m 5’10” and about 11st. I’ve always been slim, and until the last couple of years have paid absolutely no attention to the volume of chips and cake I trough.

I think I’ve just got a high metabolism. I’ll probably drop dead by the time I’m 50.

sbob
    Free Member

don’t dismiss us all as idiots in denial about how much we eat!

Too late butterball, now go and have a cry into your Battenberg.

_tom_
    Free Member

I should be naturally skinny I think as my frame is pretty small, but due to vast over eating etc I still have a fair bit of fat left to get rid of despite people telling me I’m looking skinny now (and comfortably fitting into size small tops/32″ jeans). 5’9″ and 12 stone so still a bit over the ideal weight I think. The last little bit is hard to get rid of!

sbob
    Free Member

I think I’ve just got a high metabolism.

It’s actually the fatties that tend to have a higher metabolic rate, as their poor bodies have to work hard at shifting their excess mass about the place.
    Imagine having to lift a few kilos of moob with every drawn breath; it’s quite the workout!

clunker

Match stick legged 6’4″ 12 stone, naturally skinny always wished I could fatten up.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

See all you skinnies who say you eat a lot…….. You know fleck all about eating.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Naturally slim (friends say skinny) but even when training hard never lost that last little bit to show a proper six pack. My body seems to react very slowly to changes in routine. I can eat lots or little and stay roughly the same weight and I can train lots or little and perform the same in races. I ride now because I enjoy it rather than following any kind of training plan but I still seem to do nearly as well as I did 20 years ago and weigh the same. The downside was that when I was training seriously I plateaued and never got any better.

bencooper
    Free Member

Naturally slim (friends say skinny) but even when training hard never lost that last little bit to show a proper six pack.

That’s really about diet – if you’re doing a lot of training you’ll get very fit and strong, but you’ll still have a layer of fat, and this is a good thing of course. To get proper definition, if that’s what you want, you need to be really strict about what you eat.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

naturally fat here, always have been. i look at a bag of peanuts and i put on 2 stone. over the last 3 years, with a shed load of persistant effort i’ve got my weight down form being 15 1/2 (superlight) – 17st (top end) all my adult life to 12st5 (lowest) – 13.5st (as i am now) range. i like to be sub 13st, was 12.5 in late aug, but i slacked off a bit too much (stress/depression) and drank too much sept/oct as i typically do every year… caught it though this year, started my january clean up three weeks ago and feeling way better for it. really do want to kick the motivation in and go for 11 1/2, thats the goal that i’ve not yet managed to hit.

should perhaps say, huge thanks to advice on this forum, stw fat club and idave for the weight loss.

molgrips
    Free Member

Too late butterball, now go and have a cry into your Battenberg.

😆

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

I was and still am very annoyingly naturally skinny. I have to work incredibly hard to stay around 11.5 stone. If I’m ill or whatever, I lose stones within a week or two. No joke.

See all you skinnies who say you eat a lot…….. You know fleck all about eating.

BS :p I eat 7 meals a day. 7 medium sized meals and a crep load of milk, and putting on weight is a massive challenge.

hammyuk
    Free Member

As above – stay around 10’5 with a lot of hard work and supplements but will drop to under 91/2 inside of a month if I slack on eating/stress/workload.
    Was 13′ at one point with less than 5%!bf before a broken back and 11mths in traction saw me drop to under 8st.
    Have struggled ever since to stay above 10′.

tazzymtb

I have to work my bum off to justg stay overweight. if I relaxed I’d be into the big fat wob zone in about a week

Junkyard
    Free Member

DP

Junkyard
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences beyond OP

I am naturally skinny [ arent we all] but I also eat very well and dont overindulge as a rule and exercise a lot.
    I dont think there is any secret to how to do this re calories consumed and calories used.
    I also really dislike the feeling of being full and often feel hungry but dont eat – you tend to eat crap when you feel lie this rather than some proper food and I cannot be bothered cooking.

I am sure I could get fat if I wanted to and anyone fat could get thin if they wanted to

How easy it would be for each group who knows

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

A lot of thin people say “I eat loads”, and are wrong.

A lot of fat people say “I don’t eat much”, and are also wrong.

Mostly your brain is kinda programmed to set you up as thin, medium, or fat. If you want to change body shape or weight, you’ll be fighting your appetite all the way, in either direction.

The physics of diet & weight are remarkably simple. The only difficult bit is fighting your instinctive eating patterns.

tuffty
    Free Member

Was very skinny as a kid, and hated it. Still on the thin side even though I eat loads and like a drink now and then. Do a physical job so no spare fat 😉 6’1″ and around 12 1/2 stone.

will
    Free Member

Naturally skinny. Cycling possibly makes me too skinny though.

piemonster

Bread/biscuits/cheese/meat/booze are not on my eating radar which helps.

I’d rather be dead, TBPFH

A life without cheese and wine is no life at all, feel the pity!!!!!!!!!!!

My weight is purely based on the good old calories in/calories out.

I eat crap and don’t move around and I put weight on (heaviest 15.5st), I eat cautiously and move around and I lose weight (recently went from 13.5st to 11.5st in 3 months). I eat sensibly including the odd bit of what I fancy, am active at work and go to the gym at weekends and my weight stays the same (6′ 11.5st).

Mrs STR says I look skinny with clothes on, verging on too skinny and look great/buff nekkid. I am lean at the moment – around 10% body fat, with some reasonable muscle definition (not too bulky), but I think the skinny look comes from my bone structure – I have quite small wrists/ankles/shins etc.

br
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and about 12 stone and I STRUGGLE to keep my weight UP.

This for me. 6’2″ and 12st. And I find that when out MTBing I can’t get enough food in me, so always need a cafe visit along with numerous snacks/gels.

Always been like it, my Gran use to always feed me as she thought I was underfed 🙂 Probably where I got my cake/pastry addiction from.

Oh, and the wife loves how I can eat anything, seemingly without impact – NOT!

molgrips
    Free Member

I was and still am very annoyingly naturally skinny. I have to work incredibly hard to stay around 11.5 stone. If I’m ill or whatever, I lose stones within a week or two. No joke

No you don’t. You must be eating far less than you think. I bet you’re dieting all over the place and just in denial about it. Eat up, you lanky git.

We’re all the same, it’s just calories in vs calories out isn’t it? You’re not special. Eat more move less, it’s so simple. Skinny idiot.

(See, annoying isn’t it?)

samuri
    Free Member

I’m not massively skinny but I’m the weight I am (5’11” – 12.5 stone) because I exercise a lot. It’s a choice you make.

If I stop exercising I put on weight. When I broke my knee I put on almost two stone in three months

brooess
    Free Member

I have a thin frame but fat does congregate round my midline a bit. My BMI is fine though and I do loads of exercise and watch my diet and portion size.
    Funnily enough the more I watch my diet and the more exercise I do, the skinnier I am. The more sedentary my life, the more flab…

At 39 and with a desk/email based job which requires me NOT to move all day, I’m having to watch diet like a hawk to keep myself skinny. But if that’s what it takes then fine by me…

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m naturally skinny.

(6’2″ish, 12stone)

10-15 hours of exercise per week really doesn’t help, i’m eating myself out of house and home!

Marin
    Free Member

Skinny.I eat a LOT but not junk food. Lots of biking, climbing etc and a physical job seems to burn it off pretty fast.

This thread is doing nothing to reinforce the STW image of a bunch of fatties

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Wow this thread turned into a self promotional willy wagging session didn’t it. “Yeah lads, i’m 6ft, 11st, pretty much perfect for blasting my road races haha. I eat shit loads of cake but my 12 packs pretty good right now. My body fat is around 4% right now, so not up to my usual level but pretty decent haha”. Guaranteed 5/10 people who say this are actually 5ft 8 and 15st.

verging on too skinny and look great/buff nekkid. I am lean at the moment – around 10% body fat, with some reasonable muscle definition (not too bulky)

Is this a fekkin gay singles ad or what? Seriously… no one wants to hear you bragging about how fit/buff your wife thinks you are. Pics or it didn’t happen – ooh the double irony lol :mrgreen:

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Wow this thread turned into a self promotional willy wagging session didn’t it. “Yeah lads, i’m 6ft, 11st, pretty much perfect for blasting my road races haha. I eat shit loads of cake but my 12 packs pretty good right now. My body fat is around 4% right now, so not up to my usual level but pretty decent haha”. Guaranteed 5/10 people who say this are actually 5ft 8 and 15st.

😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

FWIW

6’2″ 12 stone, body fat is probably a few % higher than it should be (I guess its into double figures now)

Will lose half a stone for the start of the next sportive season.

Sod off nukeproof. Bellend

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

To be honest, I’m as lean as – I find the cardio a chore (half hour) and relish the weights (an hour).

You’re so humble, I can’t help it 😆 take a joke mate you muppet.

Fair cop 🙂 🙄

druidh
    Free Member

5’7″, 12 stone and happy. 😆

Oh – and what Piemonster said about bread, cheese, meat, wine etc. I love my food, me. Nom, nom, nom.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’m on the slim side 5,7 58kg but soon put weight on if I stop riding and carry on my useal level of gluttony

A forced layoff 3 months Ment a drastic reduction in food and no drink to keep from
    Getting to much weight on

ianv
    Free Member

It’s funny the way different groups have different perceptions of body type. I used to climb with a pretty well known climber who was about 6 ft, 12st and was regarded as a proper fatty.

TiRed

45, 5’10 and 11 stone. Have been as heavy as 11 1/2. I don’t eat huge amounts to be honest, but come from a family of skinny people, and have a very small frame. Riding 100+ miles a week helps, of course. I’d like to drop half a stone as it might help with racing, but I know that my wife and mother will both tell me I look ill!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Climbing is very much power to weight
    Or some power to very little weight
    A slight hijack but finding clothing is a real pain
    If your skinny and have big legs

igrf
    Free Member

Never thought of myself as skinny, to unhealthy a regard for beer for that, but have always worked to keep a certain weight equilibrium which I’ve allowed the threshold of which to increase with recent ageing.
    My ‘fighting weight’ was 63 kgs @ 5.7, but these days its 67 to 72 @ 5.6 depending on how much exercise I put in, which right now aint much, this wet weather has reduced my ride distance.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Skinny people….?’ is closed to new replies.