Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • SITS Countdown and Roll Call Un-Official Thread
  • Surfr
    Free Member

So who's off to Catton next weekend? When you pitching up? What Tyres? What bike? What Tent? What Beer?

Forecast looks good at the moment

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp?zipcode=DE12

I'm getting EXCITED 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

Apparenly I am now 🙂 Friday. Depends on Nobby Nics/small block 8s / medusas. SC Juliana / Voodoo Erzulie. Blue one. Lots, plus wine.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY. I REQUIRE A FUSS MAKING OF ME.

Spud

Yup, first solo. Big tent, the clan, Motolite, Cube Ltd, Love/ Hate. I have more rubber than Durex!! And plenty of isotonic red wine!!!

See you there.

MrsF, you do realise that if any opportunity arises we'll all be singing happy birthday on the way round!!

mrsflash
    Free Member

MrsF, you do realise that if any opportunity arises we'll all be singing happy birthday on the way round!!

I inist on it! I told you, I want a fuss. I want hoopla, I am an attention whore 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

We'll be there!

MrFC soloing and I'm PB-ing for him and anyone else who might need a shoulder rub at 3 in the morning! 8)

BUT I'M NOT QUEUEING MORE THAN 3 TIMES FOR THE BIKE WASH…AND THAT'S FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I may well man the Redbull tent through the night like I did last year…endless hours of fun! 😀

Drac

Not 100% sure yet fairly likely, just got back from 5 days in the Lakes so really need to be around for the family but still going to see.

Surfr
    Free Member

Planning on heading over after work on Thursday for a BBQ and beers with my team mates then riding the course Friday. Taking a Merlin Malt and planning on running Conti Speed King 2.1s tubeless or tubed depending on my successes tonight (see other thread).

cxi
    Free Member

First time at SITS for me – mixed team of 5, we're even in the Vet's sub-cat.

I've learnt from Mountain Mayhem last year – hardtail (Pipedream Sirius) and a pair of 1.7" mud tyres ready to bung on

Has anyone else had more information on e-mail or in the post? I've not had anything since I got the original entry confirmation a good few months ago.

collie
    Free Member

E-mail pro velo, they sent me my pack this morning by return.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I'll be there. Solo.
    Specialized Epic for the dry.
    Rigid Inbred SS with bonty mudx 1.8 for when it gets wet.

Spud

So then solo-ers, what's your aim in terms of laps?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

12 maybe 15 laps

crispy
    Free Member

Yup, I'm coming – a last minute draft for a mate whose team-mate broke his elbow and can't race.

I'll be there for the fun on my Turner 5-Spot. Bringing my 4 year old and father-in-law for support.

Pitch up Friday, leave Sunday/Monday, weather, knackeredness and wee boy dependent…

Daveb575
    Free Member

I'm soloing for the first time. Taking a Yeti 575 on a Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph combo for the dry, On-one Inbred on Bonty Mud X's for the moist and a GT Singlespeed on 1.7 in Geax Barro's for the wet. Also thinking of bringing a unicycle, a large rucksack and a stout pair of walking boots if it is anything like last year 😉

Probably turn up sometime on Friday evening.

Eldrik
    Free Member

I'll be there, still hobbling around on crutches months after knee surgery, and pit bitching for 'The Flying Donkeys'.

Pitching up Fri afternoon in the quiet bit, with no bike for obvious reasons but spare tyres for team mates comprising Maxxis Medusa eXCeption 1.8", Geax Argo 2.0" and Geax Barro Race 2.0". I'll be in a blue tent and beer choice will depend on what mood I'm in at the supermarket….

muenchen1
    Free Member

Last did SITS in 2006 as a four which became a 3 far too early in the race, about time did it again, in the mixed 5's so no excuses for not going 10/10 every lap. Bought Trailrakers the other day to have on standby to try to insure against mud-fest. Bike now fettled within an inch of it's life. Roll on friday & the sunshine.

will
    Free Member

Yeh, i'm there in a pair with a mate.
    Are you supposed to get a conformation pack? I have nothing 😆

Bike: Giant NRS/Felt Redemption/Giant AC
    Tyres: Conti 1.5 mud/panaracer mud 1.8/maxxis cross mark/maxxis ignitor
    bike stand
    1 pop up tent
    1 car
    lots of beer
    some lights

nicks
    Free Member

Im there with Team mule bar .. hope for a dry course but taking wetsuit snorkel and 1.8 nobby nic's

Drillski
    Free Member

Virgin solo, (you know what i mean!)
    BIG green tent,
    laps errr, 15, aiming for 20 if its gonna stay dry ( wildly overoptimistic, on both counts??)
    Beer – been dry ofr 4 months, but ogt my eye on a nice chilled sav blanc at the finish
    Bike – Giant anthem with razers, GT aggressor with mud x or blacksharks for dire conditions.
    Car,
    lights,
    Mrs Swinnertons Flapjack
    loadsa lights.
    proabably going down thursday night, can you pitch then?? Got friday off (yippee!) so if can't pitch thursday, then will be back friday morning ready to pitch and chill.
    Bring it on!

sharki
    Free Member

Might rock up and take pics, drink beer and shout at people, do a lap or two and say hello to random people i think i may of met once before…

Rikoshea
    Free Member

I,m soloing, off Fri aft, Ralphs/Nobbys/black shark 1.5.
    Ti hardtail for dry
    Ti SS/Alfine hardtail for bog snorkeling
    Marin Rocksprings for sore arse/bad back.
    Real ale/Monster
    Hoping to do more laps than most(but prob not as many as the winner!)
    Will-Just got an e mail with the pack att.

simplesi
    Free Member

Trying to decide what gear?

Thinking 32:18

Any experience from previous years?

Ta in advance

Spud

32:18 gone on mine.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

💡 22-32-44:9s11-34 for me 😛

oldgit
    Free Member

Weather looks good, might change if I bowled up but I wouldn't do that to you.
    Look out for parts of my finger near the descent they closed off last year.

bennyboy
    Free Member

Off down on Thursday as have the job of setting up a couple of tents.

Riding a Trek Remedy as only bike rolling at the moment

Do it in a mixed team for the first time along with a few other mates from the bike club

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Mrs BS did the thunder run 24h there weekend just gone. the 'smart' money would be on taking a light bike with very thin tyres by all accounts, unless of course the indian summer arrives in the next 24hrs.

MrSparkle

Iamin. Solo singlespeed – Red Voodoo Wanga. Tyres – can't remember off hand what I've got on it. and some mud tyres, just in case. Tent – a big 'un to house la famille et chein. Beer – possibly Stella.

Spud

The laying of hardcore hasn't helped then!

bennyboy
    Free Member

I have a hard tail but its in pieces and no brakes so have o ride the Remedy although its a Remedy 9 so its not too heavy.

peachos
    Free Member

http://picasaweb.google.com/elpeachos/DropBox#5366138219860490306

foxychick – any of these two lovely ladies you? i was chatting to these two at sometime in the wee hours. far more appealing than the hoards of men in lycra!

i'll be there with 40+ riders from my club – Manchester Mountain Bikers. for some reason my horror stories about the mud and rain of last year sounded appealing to this lot!

will be on the siglespeed with ignitors probablly.

AND I WONT BE WASHING MY BIKE THIS YEAR!! 😀

trickydisco
    Free Member

I'm a SITS virgin (done 2 mayhems) does anyone know if i'll be scrabbling around for pitching space (team of 4 – 2 tents and a camper van) if i arrive late friday?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

LOL peachos!!

I am not a proper "Redbull girl"!!!

It's just that I hung around at the tent to pass bananas to MrFC throughout the night laps, and then hung around handing out Redbull to anyone who wanted it!
    It passed away a few hours. 8)

gingerflash

I'll be there, but not riding. I'm pit-bitching for MrsF. Come and say hello in the solo tent. I might be tooling around on my orange Chromag.

JB
    Free Member

1st Solo effort for me…

Maxlight XCPro2
    On-One Inbred
    and my GT Zaskar Singlespeed

And hopefully Mrs JB in the pits with her slipper to try and keep me going!!!

eth3er
    Free Member

I arrive Friday,
    Solo,
    Intense 6.6 (bonty big earls 2.5) Marin Rockyridge (WTB 2.3), both inapropriate
    A Gazebo, a pop-up jobie a few other tents,
    I'm a saint I don't touch the stuff.
    I am so unprepared if I do more than five laps I'll be very very happy.

rockitman

Really looking forward to it.

Riding as a pair, both on Yeti 575's. Really hoping it's gonna be dry as I've currently got a Revolt Super X on the front and a Larsen on the back. Have a Nobby Nic throw on but might have to get some mud tyres when I'm there if it rains. Revolt/Larsen combo was excellent for Mayhem solo a few weeks back…

Beer wise – whatever is on offer at Morrisons on Friday morning. We'll be turning up Friday lunch time – Manchester Mountainbikers – we have 8 teams and over 40 people coming along. Should be a blast!

gee
    Free Member

Furious Freds or Mud Sharks. One of the most weather sensitive races ever!

I'll be there with Salsa on a 4-man team.

GB

muenchen1
    Free Member

Anyone local to the venue and care to tell us how the ground is doing after all this rain?

JonBurns
    Free Member

Just come back from pitching the tent(s). Long grass and wet, looks like it could do with a day or so to dry out properly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘SITS Countdown and Roll Call Un-Official Thread’ is closed to new replies.