Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • sinus problems
  • cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Does anyone one else on here suffer from chronic sinus problems? I have for years and it’s really getting me down, I have had to drop out of a few races because the pain just gets to much to concentrate and even in one case, caused me to be repeatedly and violently sick because my body just could take the pain any more (weird but true).
    I have tried sprays, decongestants and herbal remedys nothing really works. Doctors never have anything helpful to ad. I have cut down my dairy intake to pretty much nothing although could probably try cutting it out completely and maybe try cutting out wheat but hoping someone else out there might have some suggestions.
    Thanks in advance

retro83
    Free Member

Have tried the neti pot thingy?

toab
    Free Member

If you can get yourself refered there are operations to un-bung it all. Friend had it and was amazed – years of headaches, stuffed upness and pain all sorted in a simple op. She was only in the for the day and th eop took about half an hour I think.

Might not be the right thing for you but worth thinking about

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I used to get a lot of mucus in me throat until I stopped drinking milk which seems to have alleviated it .see the thread on eating /drinking milk related products

jim
    Free Member

the pain just gets to much to concentrate and even in one case, caused me to be repeatedly and violently sick because my body just could take the pain any more (weird but true).

I’m not doctor but based on personal experience that sounds more like a migraine to me.

antigee

suffered for a couple of years and did below plus some cow type antibiotics from hospital

now only get after colds for can be for a few weeks – my doctor swears by “steaming” (think that might also mean something else) use one of those facial steamers a couple of time a day – theory is opens tubes and stops re-infection

salt washes seem popular to do same but i’ve never fancied

sympathise on the pain – sometimes i could hardly stand up and days and days and days of headaches no fun

edit other thing is allergy tests show up allergic reactions but not “intolerances” so if get testing worth checking out – i’m not allergic to wheat products but have some intolerance

s
    Free Member

I read it can be caused by fungus, or the way you body deals with fungus..

Hang on….

http://www.sinuses.com/fungal.htm

I find steaming is best for me btw, nasal inhalers like vicks or olbas seem to help for a short time, but if anything drag it on for longer.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion, will try steaming on a regular basis do it from time to time but should try doing it every day + the netti pot is a good suggestion.
    Don’t fancy surgery, I have heard it has mixed results.
    Defiantly sinus pain not migraine, the pain is very sinusy, around the nose under/behind the eyes but can see why you would think that.

Thanks

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have tried sprays, decongestants and herbal remedys nothing really works. Doctors never have anything helpful to ad. I have cut down my dairy intake to pretty much nothing although could probably try cutting it out completely and maybe try cutting out wheat but hoping someone else out there might have some suggestions.

try a different consultant

Simon Taggart in Manchester is recommended

skiboy
    Free Member

currently having my second bad sinus infection in two months, started a couple of nights back so your not alone,

was fine riding sunday, but went to the pool with kids in the afternoon and it was like a hot bath, usually find this a trigger,

mine manifest in snoit running all night and day, tooth hurt like demons, slight swelling of the gums, afternoon light headaches, but worst of all in the mornings when i wake i have a massive bloody bogie in my throat which makes me kind of puke a bit, luckly thats a going away sign i find, then snot gets all smelly then clears 😀

at smelly snot painfull gums stage today,

have seen the quack many a time and they say, live with it?

only really been a problem last 5 years or so, really since i’ve has the kids, i just mutate everyhting they have into a snot fest, it also seems to start aroud this time of year when we have the heating on,

doesn’t effect my riding, did my usual ride today, good luck

rootes1

i had a inhaler for ages to help with sinus problems… never really seemed to help..

had a CT scan and it showed a bit of extra bone were it should not be… and thus fluid could not escape at the right rate thus leading to blockage etc…

like the consultant said looking the the CT scan, “not surprised that inhalers didn’t work – unless we get you son acid filled ones”

def see someone else for a different opinion/perspective

donkeysrock
    Free Member

rootes 1 sound’s very much like my situation extra bone in the wrong place doc said no further action needed,did you get it sorted with an op ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘sinus problems’ is closed to new replies.