Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Singular Swift what Carbon Rigid fork?
  • ackie
    Free Member

I am thinking of putting an On-One Carbon 29er fork on the Swift, which has an AC of 470mm (47mm Rake) compared to the original steel fork which has an AC of 485mm (48mm rake).

Has anyone tried this? Will sticking the On-One 29er fork on it turn it into a twitchy mess?

Alternatively are there any 485mm AC Carbon rigid forks out there?

Cheers
    Ackie

fontmoss
    Free Member

a degree in offset wont affect it too much, im after an on-one to use on my G2 frame which is a 51 degree offset

the height drop will steepen it a bit but potentially the difference in rake will offset (sic) the difference. not very scientific sorry

not sure there are many forks as long as the singular, i was after something that length a while back and had no joy

EDIT: if you find you need a bigger reduction in rake to counter the height difference let me know, im selling my bonty forks

ackie
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply Fontmoss

potentially the difference in rake will offset (sic) the difference.

This is what I hoped!

I found this article on introduction of the New Niner Carbon fork compared to the old steel fork which had an A-C of 480mm.

There was a level of compliancy that is only possible with carbon fiber. Steering precision was spot on. Which leads me to a couple of things about this fork that are different than my steel one. The steel fork was built on a platform with a 480mm axle to crown, and an offset of 38mm. The carbon is 470mm A-C, and 46mm offset.

The resulting change in both A-C and offset, results in an increase in steering speed, but not at the expense of being twitchy. I was very impressed. Negotiating some of the tighter turns on the loops became a lot easier. “Right NOW!” low speed turns on rooty switchbacks were a lot less nerve wracking, and there was no sign of impending tip-over.

I hope this is the case with the On-One fork on the Swift because I will use it for racing and don't mind a bit of twitchiness

fontmoss
    Free Member

im sure theres a way of working out how drop in height affects offset, try mtbr

banginon

I have an on-one rigid carbon fork on the front of my swift and it rides very nicely.

ackie
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I'm going for it! I like my rides a little more agrressive anyhows!

fontmoss
    Free Member

speak to sam or lord on-one they both have niner carbon forks on their singulars i think

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift what Carbon Rigid fork?’ is closed to new replies.