Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Singular Swift sizing
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Morning all

Looks like i'm going to go down the 29er route and I'm a bit unsure whether to go for a medium or a large. Sam from singualr reckons a large would probably be better but i wanted to get some other opinions also.

I'm 5ft 11" and ride a couple of 18" & 19" hardtails.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

6ft2" 35" inseam,ride a large with 90mm stem

rootes1

hard to say as i have an XL…

get your current bike and measure the standover and top tube length etc.

and compare with these:

http://www.singularcycles.com/geometry.htm

depends if you like a smaller or larger feeling bike – seems that the medium and large will be either side of your current rides.

not sure where you are but think Head for the Hills in Dorking still have a large swift demo bike – I tested it which is the reason I went fro XL!

Sam

I think 'lean toward a large' might have been the phrase I used. It's always hard to recommend sizing simply by knowing your height. There are a lot of factors, your morphology, personal preferences and type of riding. Let alone accomodating different stems, bars, saddles and seatposts, all of which will impact how you feel on the bike. A good starting point would be to get a test ride in either size, ideally both. Let me know where you are and I should be able to sort something out.

Best,

Sam

yossarian
    Free Member

sorry Sam didn't mean to misquote you. I actually like the idea of a slightly bigger bike, just want to be sure before splashing the cash. Have mailed you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift sizing’ is closed to new replies.