Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • fossy

Got two sets of spiked tyres. The Schwalbe Snow Studs will be going on the commuter 26er shortly, as most of my 10 miles is ungritted and will be icy soon – I just leave them on. Also got Ice Spiker Pro’s for the FS – blooming great laugh they are !

molgrips
    Free Member

I must admit, I always wish for snow but probably not this year. People are really struggling with money and cold as it is.

scotroutes

I love the snow but could do without the weeks of constant sub-zero temperatures we had a couple of years ago when even the rivers were frozen over. Apart from anything else, it makes swimming really difficult when you’re having to wield an ice axe or sledgehammer first. There’s a lot less bike cleaning to do though when the trails are frozen solid.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Long range forecast may really liven this thread up if it runs true.. it might be a good time to put the winter tyres on

matt_outandabout

Northwind

It’s a year to the day since our first snowfall here. I am basically staring out the window, tapping my watch, and tutting.

Mat

It snowed today in NE Scotland, that’s all.

Just realised this thread hadn’t made an appearance today and that needed rectifying…

DickBarton

Family near Aberdeen have snow, a colleague from India who is over here in Edinburgh has snow…absolutely nothing where I am. Not impressed is an understatement.

birky
    Free Member

Glenshee, Lecht and Cairn O’Mount roads were all closed this morning. Cairn O’Mount still shut.
    https://www.snowgatecameras.co.uk/

scotroutes

molgrips
    Free Member

A little bit of snow up in the Valleys this morning, I’m told. But there’s a chance of some big snow in the south next weekend.

bruneep
    Northwind

Just enough to look pretty and to do some skidz in the car here. A good, well-judged amount for everything but bikes

simondbarnes

Bit of snow falling as I drove past Manc airport on the way home from work.

fossy

Llandegla is shut first thing tomorrow until the access road and car park is cleared.

scotroutes

Interesting week ahead.

I’m supposed to be bivvying with @metalheart on Friday night.

fazzini

@scotroutes is that picture Ryvoan bothy?

scotroutes

@fazzini – got it in one.

fazzini

got it in one.

Not jealous at all. Nope. Not one bit…
    😭😭😭😭😭😭

scotroutes

That’s about 17km from my front door. Uphill most of the way of course.

This was just a couple of weeks ago.

molgrips
    Free Member

Forecast says 1 degree in Cardiff all night, with some rain. However it’s already rained a bit and the wet ground has frozen slick so it seems colder than that. Might get snow after all.

supernova

Snowed on me riding over the Black Mountains today.

@scotroutes – which weather app is that you’re using? I’d like to have a look at it.

scotroutes

which weather app is that

AccuWeather

Thanks

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be bivvying with @metalheart on Friday night

I love a crisp, winter’s night bivvy but that looks pretty chilly!

Onzadog
    Free Member

NE Derbyshire South Yorkshire border has snowed overnight and still snowing now.

Looks like a Christmas card right now.

Daffy

3-4cm here about 30km east of Bristol. Still coming down.

sharkattack

It’s coming down really heavy outside my window in central Sheffield. I haven’t seen it like this for a few years this close to town.

onehundredthidiot

Pretty white in hawick now. We’d avoided it yesterday pretty much scuppers my NBD(y) ride. Well it doesn’t but I’ve got a load of things to do and Mrs100th is giving me that look.

ads678

and Mrs100th is giving me that look

Aah yeah, giggity!

No snow in Leeds.😤

ratherbeintobago

Snowed yesterday in Rochdale. Now expecting it to freeze solid.

welshfarmer

Mini Downhill event in the Forest of Dean cancelled due to snow. We are on our way there for our normal sunday ride anyway. Funny as there is zero snow here in the brecon beacons (a dusting on the tops maybe)! That doesn’t happen very often to be clear.

jeffl

Pretty close to Onzadog by the sounds of it, with a light shower of snow overnight just to the east of the Peak District. Warmer than the last few days when I took the dog out for his morning walk.

Snowy path

qwerty
    Free Member

Had about 6″ lay between 6am – 9am this morning in Stroud, Gloucestershire.

kimbers

Had about 6″ lay between 6am – 9am this morning in Stroud, Gloucestershire.

fettlin

About an inch of fluffy white stuff here in Herefordshire/Worcestershire border.

rOcKeTdOg

About 4 flakes here so far

FB_IMG_1670750594509

singletrackmind

Looks like snowmaggedon has hit Kent and Sussex. Google traffic showing hundreds of miles of slow roads from the kent coast to the M23 /A24 corridor.
    Probly 2cm but enough to bring the se to a standstill.
    Got snow tyres on the volvo but they dpnt help with the roads blocked by hapless drivers who are stuck already.

scotroutes

Looks like we might get some positive temperatures for a short time on Wednesday, otherwise it should be below freezing until next Sunday/Monday.

A good 30cm of snow up at Glenmore today.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.