Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • fettlin

6 inches and still going strong in Bromyard. People struggling to drive up the road outside our house.

Been out in the Yeti (with appropriate tires!) To see the carnage!

singletrackmind

Traffic cams show the M40 looking almost impassable / shut in sections are the Chiltern mountains

live traffic cameras

M4 looks bad too , M25 appears Ok so far

This is a bad day for many shops expecting huge footfall , and the associated xmas excess landfill tat sales. Bet some shopping centers are quieter than usual

Houns

6” and still going

Kryton57

Omg its snowing in London, how will they all cope?

Surprisingly well is the answer. It was rain when i went out at 7.30, 4” of snow when i came out. Good choice to take the Kuga with M&S tyres plus Haldex.

Anyway, people drivling slowly, carefully, large gaps between vehicles amd so on. Not a single stuck german car in sight. A few wheel spins going on, but nothing more than during pull away from lights.

The best part of this is that this is the first proper snow my 5yo has seen, we are at intergalactic levels of excitement in the garden. Brilliant.

timber

Only 2 fields visibility here, but what I can see is at least 6″ deep.
    Farm have cleared a route for the milk tanker, so now a fridge sized lump of snow by one of our cars.
    Work yard is just below Storey Arms on the A470, play day tomorrow looking likely, supposed to be sunny too. Or put the winch on the tractor and recover cars for generous donations 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

No snow down here on the coast but we have just had a Force 10 gale rattle along the Solent. (Or 62knts for the real speed)

It’s not that often you see that kinda wind strength whip down the western approaches..
    😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Just a few inches in Malvern, Worcs. Still falling though, so am optimistic 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Absolutely none today north of Bradford, not snowed for 2 days 🙁

funkmasterp

Not much here in Macclesfield. Not had proper snow for years.

lambchop
    Free Member

Roads are bad in Woburn Sands. Cars all over the place. First proper snow test for the Cross Climates on the motor. Have to say other cars seemed to be struggling when mine didn’t.

Murray

Liking my Cross Climates too

chip
    Free Member

It’s bedlam where I am, lots of short but steep hills.

People spinning wheels but going nowhere but sideways into the kerb. Cars abandoned by the side of the road. When will those crazy cats learn.

molgrips
    Free Member

Four or five inches in Ludlow. Tried to visit my sister in Clee Hill but failed just before Angel Bank. Thick layer of slimy slush even after the plough. Winter tyres weren’t enough. Might’ve been better off in the Passat.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Day cancelled on x1000. Am heading for the hills!!

Can’t get anywhere here by those motor things. It’s blissfully quiet and people are walking everywhere. Luckily these arrived in the post yesterday when roads were clear 😀

#starsaligned

molgrips
    Free Member

May try a bike ride this afternoon, for a laugh! I have no fatbike, although I do have 2.35 spikes

P-Jay
    Free Member

Spotted my first Fat Bike in the snow today, owner looked over the moon! As did the Defender drivers I saw today, waiting years for this no doubt.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Couple of miles west of Brechfa forest:

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

52mph measured by me on the South Downs above Eastbourne, so windy in fact that the dog did the same poo twice. It then rained needles or acid on us judging from the dogs expression.

rOcKeTdOg

As did the Defender drivers I saw today, waiting years for this no doubt.

guy in a series one landy was wooping out the window as he came down a hill on todays ride….but then so were we on the off road descent next to it. his narrow tyres were showing the low profile wide tyre chelsea tractors how traction really works
    i’m 6ft and drifts were over my knees, thank goodness for a fat bike with lots of standover room!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Over a foot now in Ebbw after last nights drop.
    Still snowing now and hasn’t let up yet.

welshfarmer

🙂 🙂

tjagain

Lovely dry clear and sunny day in Edinburgh

fossy

Rubbish snow in South Manchester, waaaahhhh

Alex

Look that pic @5th.. hard to see the bike!

I fetched my car from Ross. Main road was fine. Getting it onto the main road and then into our drive where there was six inches of snow. Well that was more difficult. I am going to petition the parish council to rename the village ‘much digging’ 😉

fossy

I have a set of Schwalbe Snow Studs ready to go on the old skool 26″ Diamond Back

Dickyboy

Not the best of nights to have left my car at the bottom of a sloping pub car park – looking at the forecast I’m not sure when I will be able to get it home safely – best bit being my wife’s car keys are in it too & I don’t fancy a 32 mile round trip on my bike in this weather, fingers crossed the trains are back up & running tomorrow

john_drummer
    Free Member

Still SFA north of Bradford

wiggles
    Free Member

kimbers

Still coming down a bit in mk, forecast is saying Monday/Tues night will be -8.

It’s the work Xmas meal on Tuesday, not sure the trains to London will be a goer!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Here is the chart of today’s wind down y’errr.
    8)

deadkenny
    Free Member

singletrackmind – Member
    Traffic cams show the M40 looking almost impassable / shut in sections are the Chiltern mountains

Mountains? 😕

Meanwhile – Woking – Rain. Meh.

molgrips
    Free Member

Over a foot now in Ebbw after last nights drop.

Holy cow.

Snow almost completely gone by the time we got back to Cardiff. Went out for a ride over dusk and the air temp had dropped below freezing but the ground was still sodden and a total mess. Just starting to snow a bit more as I got in.

bearnecessities

5thElefant
    Free Member

About right. Still snowing.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

About 15 inches sitting on the car roof.

Thought about getting the bike out.

Opted to snowboard down the Wrekin then go to the pub.

bearnecessities

Flaperon

Fitted winter tyres to the car six weeks ago. My smugness level at the moment is almost unmeasurable.

grahamt1980

All very well being smug. But it doesn’t stop the **** behind you from following too close because he thinks it’s fine as you are doing it. Touch the brakes and you get nailed.
    Got winter tyres on both our cars and I’m not going out in them until i really have to

wiggles
    Free Member

I drove 20 miles in a rwd car with summer tyres through up to 5-6inches of snow today and it was fine just taking it steady, worst part is how low my car is it acted like a snowplow in some places…

Kryton57

School closed tomorrow. Ffs.

On the plus side, the roads might be quieter when i pic up my first pair of varifocals tomorrow 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.