Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shower cubicle tiling alternatives
  • rascal
    Free Member

Not the most exciting of subjects granted, but I’m after some suggestions/recommendations to tiling 😕
    I’m aware of hideously expensive things like Stormwall but to do 3 sides of a cubicle costs @ £600!
    Anyone used/aware of a much more cost-effective solution?

Cheers

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

my mate is a flooring layer and had clad his shower enclosure in Altro floor vinyl, not sure how long it’ll last but looks pretty cool!

wrightyson
    Free Member

In 5 houses we built last yr we used some shower panels, basically MR Mdf that’s coated. Really good system as shown here
    Showerwall

teasel
    Free Member

I did a job with uPVC panels – really easy to work with and a decent-looking finish, too. I can’t remember the name of the stuff and haven’t got time right now to search but I think it’s reasonably easy to find.

If you can’t find it I’ll have a gander later this evening and post a link…

somafunk

My bathroom/shower is done with Respatex quite cheap and very quick to fit.

jonba
    Free Member
    wrightyson
    Free Member

The one I mentioned and the two above are basically the same stuff. Genuinely worth a look and easy to fit!

footflaps

Just get the shower panel stuff – looks fine and seems to last well (parent’s cottage has it in the shower and it’s been there 10+ years now).

DezB
    Free Member

+1 Showerwall

Bear
    Free Member

Showerall and Mermaid panel have been great on the jobs I’ve used them on.

Have also done a room that had vinyl stuck on the walls which was great too. Although walls need to be in great condition.

seadog101

+1 for the Multipanel

Yep, it costs a lot more than tiling, but it’s excellent. We have the shower in our 2nd bathroom shower done with it, and the bath surround in main bathroom is tiled.

2nd under butler (me) has the occasional, but too frequent, job of getting the grout/sealant clean on the bath. PITA of a job, I wish we’d paid the extra and gone for the multipanel.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shower cubicle tiling alternatives’ is closed to new replies.