Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Show me your (real) totally inappropriate non STW standard bike cars…
  • Kryton57

Here’s mine, was going to sell but actually its too much fun:

wwaswas

I’d say a bmw was an entirely appropriate & standard stw bike car 😉

[edit] boarded up window could do with reglazing 😉

Kryton57

I’d say a bmw was an entirely appropriate & standard stw bike car

[edit] boarded up window could do with reglazing

Lol, I should have taken a pic of the boot lid – 3 litre, saloon with bulkhead, leather. I could try to make it more impractical I suppose.

re the edit: – done, but we’ve moved house since anyway….. 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

Indicators probably don’t work and speedo is likely to be faulty. 😉

Kryton57

prezet – Member
    Indicators probably don’t work and speedo is likely to be faulty.

How did you guess? Also the steering rack is dodgy, no matter how hard I try I can’t get the thing straight in a parking bay.

xiphon
    Free Member

I can’t post here – it’s an Audi. But it’s inappropriate – mk1 TT…

smell_it
    Free Member

Yep, i thought a sliver/ grey car of German origin was the STW top choice. Are you tubby? A PROPER drivers car!

stevede
    Free Member

Inappropriate you say – 1.3 t reg fiesta, back seats permanently down (it so wants to be a van), Hope sticker where the Ford badge is supposed to be on the grill and a charlie the bike monger sticker on the boot – i tried making it more stw! Fits 2 bikes in and has been on plenty of road trips, it’s no Audi estate though……

hora
    Free Member

Biking, baby/family and camping car..

xiphon
    Free Member

Nope, not tubby. But I am an IT manager, and ride an Orange…

So 3 out of 4 boxes ticked!

br
    Free Member

Previous car – 535i

Current car – 3.0i X-Type

Neither have fold down rear seats…

PiknMix
    Free Member

TTE Compressor

It rocks my world, and can fit loads in it, pity it drinks (and I mean drinks) 98 ron like its going out of fashion.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’ve just replaced the M reg (1995) Astra 1.4 merit with the below.

I’ve yet to figure out where the bike goes :-/

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

The STW sub-group which is Lancia Integrale Owners Club meetup:
    (admittedly its a small group but it is quite inappropriate!)

backup links:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9Hl_QdZQNKyZjFXdFZVR0lUOEE

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9Hl_QdZQNKyZkRfWENObzhSZkk

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

.. Oh and I work in IT too, but ride an Intense. How many ticks do I get?

momo

Mine

P1010958 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

and with my mates old Evo, on Donnington pitlane waiting to get out on track.

Haven’t got any photos, but one of my friends has a BMW M Coupe (the old z3 based breadvan) with a bike rack on the roof, we managed two of us with full camping gear, bikes etc for a weekend in Wales over Easter.

P1000212 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

Can fit 2 bikes and kit in the back with the seats down, but the total lack of sound deadening makes it impractical for runs over 90 minutes or so!

scruff
    Free Member

Those Lancias are full of win !

_tom_
    Free Member

Far from ideal fuel economy, and you can’t get any bike racks to fit it because of the little spoiler on the back. Have to take both wheels off to get a bike in the back and getting 2 in is a bit of a squeeze. Very comfy and reliable car though plus I think it looks alright 🙂

I always consider getting some black or smoked chrome rims and lowering it, but I really can’t be arsed with the hassle and cost. Some absolute **** keyed it a few weeks ago so I need to pay for that repair at some point.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Going off a slight tangent due to the guy above having his car keyed..

What the flip can you do to prevent ****’s doing that? I’m totally paranoid about driving our new car to my wife’s parent’s house as they live in a slightly dodgy estate. I’m convinced that some little **** head will do something to it if we stay overnight :-/

njee20
    Free Member

OP’s car strikes me as the archetypal STW car 😕

Delta Integrale though… win.

Kryton57

Unfortunately RRR this is the world we live in. The scrote you refer to won’t have enough balls to walk up to you and tell you your a c*** in his opinion due to his circumstances and jealousy so he/she will key your car whilst you aren’t looking instead.

That said, its only a metal box. Or get the bus.

xiphon
    Free Member

Tom – Lowering it isn’t a difficult job, but a bit time consuming!

Only extra tools you might need, would be a pair of spring compressors – £15 on eBay…

Up to 40mm drop will be fine on the current shocks…

Kryton57

njee20 – Member
    OP’s car strikes me as the archetypal STW car

It would need to be a diesel estate to be perfect. 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

That bike on the roof of the Forestry van is tiny!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

The wife’s parent’s live 50 miles away so unfortunately the bus isn’t an option…

The Lancias are flippin lovely. My uncle had one as I recall.. he always seemed very impatient driving it when I was a child..

I_Ache
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider – Member
    I’ve just replaced the M reg (1995) Astra 1.4 merit with the below.

I’ve yet to figure out where the bike goes :-/

I’m considering one of those. Don’t the back seats fold down? If so you should be able to get 2 bikes in there.

If I can’t get one with folding seats I’m not getting one at all. I hate using a rack when I have 2 or less bikes in the boot.

dan314
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

I wouldnt put a bike in that 2door 3 series- roof or towbar IMO.

40mpg

I once had to take the wifes car to a club ride, and got lots of abuse.

Its a Beetle Cabriolet, and I had to put the roof down and stick the bike upside down on the rear seats with the wheels poking out either side.

I did remove the flower first though 😀

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

l_Ache – yes the seats do both fold down (unlike in the saloon). The boot is as big as that on the saloon so pretty sizeable.

I’ve yet to try putting a bike in it but will give it a go (as soon as the wife isn’t looking) and let you know! I’m sure at least one bike would fit in no problem..

I_Ache
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I wouldnt put a bike in that 2door 3 series- roof or towbar IMO.

Total pain in the arse to put the rack on every time you want to drive to go for a ride which for me would be twice a week if my ankle was working. I have a 20 mile motorway drive to work every day too so I’m dammed if I am going to leave the rack on all the time as the fuel consumption would be terrible.

If I was sat in traffic all the way to work and never got over 40mph leaving a roof rack on wouldn’t be a problem. Well other than scrotes trying to pull it off in a multi-story.

RRR Thanks, I have been looking online and I think if you can take off the pedals it should be easy/safer to slide two in through the opening. Would be much harder than my Focus mind.

Kryton57

Mine go on the roof, which also leaves the boot accessible. I’ve been ashamed by dan314 though, his car looks better than my newer one currently does. Although its garaged now it spent 5 years living on the drive. I haven’t cleaned it since moving and there signs of moss growing on the black bits that wipe the door windows as you lower them :-/

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Appropriate? Why yes of course..

Palatable? Probably not to some.. 😉

(edit: this isnt a pic of mine)

camerone
    Free Member

Don’t have a photo with roof bars, but bikes go up on top.

dan314
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    Mine go on the roof, which also leaves the boot accessible. I’ve been ashamed by dan314 though, his car looks better than my newer one currently does. Although its garaged now it spent 5 years living on the drive. I haven’t cleaned it since moving and there signs of moss growing on the black bits that wipe the door windows as you lower them :-/

Haha that photo of mine was taken a couple of years ago when I used to wash it every week, I haven’t cleaned it since 2011 now so it’s in a similar condition to yours by the sounds of it! I remove the front wheel on my bike, fold the rear seats down and it fits in through the boot just fine. I’ve even had 2 in there with both wheels off.

Kryton57

Phew ^^^ 😀

Stevelol
    Free Member

You all have lovely cars! I have a Citroen ZX (a what?) from 1998, looks ancient but is in good nick, has had new front shocks, exhaust, rear brake cables and radiator in the past 18 months it’ll hopefully (touch wood) be fine for a while yet, it’s comfy for long drives (been to Scotland, Wales and Devon a few times with no complaints).

What’s most important is my bike frame is literally worth 4 times as much, this means I’m the coolest in the thread because my bike to car price ratio is bang on! 😆

nixie

Elise S1, bike has to go in the passenger seat and I have to remove the forks or there is not room. Even then its tight with the tyres block some visibility from the LHS.

zigzag69
    Free Member

zigzag69
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Show me your (real) totally inappropriate non STW standard bike cars…’ is closed to new replies.