Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Show me your (real) totally inappropriate non STW standard bike cars…
  • Stuey01
    Free Member

Haven’t got any photos, but one of my friends has a BMW M Coupe (the old z3 based breadvan) with a bike rack on the roof, we managed two of us with full camping gear, bikes etc for a weekend in Wales over Easter.

Does he live in Bristol? there’s a bloke round the corner from me with one of those and the bike rack is a permanent fixture on the roof.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

From one impractical car…

To another with over 500 horses…

MM

somafunk

Most stw “niche-tastic” cars here in order of my personal desirability :

Lancias – Win/Win
    Triumph Stag – Win
    TR6 – Win
    MG Midget – Win plus bonus point and hat’s off salute for effort.

Mine below, No back seats now as bike lives in there and i refuse to carry any passengers as it’s corner weighted just for me and 1/2 a tank of fuel, sub 1000kg, 200bhp ABT 1900 16v engine, 25mpg if i take my time and keep below 3500rpm, sub 15 mpg if i exploit the 8000rpm rev limiter which to be honest is very rare.

And a totally gratuitous shot of my new build that lives inside the rear, cosseted by shag-pile carpet and tucked up in a blanket.

huws
    Free Member

Often seen with bikes poking vertically out of the back seats.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

The guys with the intergrale’s win. Hands down. Everything, not even a competition but they win it.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

One of these (clearly not my pic)….

but a T4 for all the biking 😀

Kryton57

This thread, and the fact my insurance has dropped now that I have a garage, have convinced me I don’t need a Mundeo 2.0 litre Tedious. 🙂

In fact, I might now consider a remap to go with my K&N kit to have more fun at playtime…. 😈

I_Ache
    Free Member

Eat more cheese. It might be fast but it is definitely still practical. I can get 3 people and 3 bikes with a weekend’s worth of gear inside my Focus. That doesn’t make it an inappropriate car in my book. Fantastic vehicles.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Do I get STW stereotype points for getting rid of this:

and replacing with this:

(Neither are actually mine for obvious reasons)

Gachet
    Free Member

Left hand drive isn’t much good for the M4 toll, but would be ideal for a euro trip:

A bike will go in with the roof down and wheels off:

Scapegoat

Define “inappropriate”.

nwallace
    Free Member

Both of these for minor reasons

The 99 is still on the original Zenith Carb so manages a pocket worrying 25mph if I’m trying, I’ve still to find Twin 40s to put on it (I have the manifold)

The Corrola is inappropriate for no reason other than you have to drop the back seats to get a bike in, something that is not necessary in the 99. But I can get 40mpg if I’m trying.

I’m convinced I took a picture of a Zaskar in the boot but don’t seem to have it.

This has to be the best MTB car I’ve ever seen though:

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Define “inappropriate

I would say a disco 3 was one of the Least inappropriate bike wagons you can get due to its excellent ability to transport a number of bikes easily and first class offroading ability means you’ll always make it to the trail head

😀

nre
    Free Member

Done a few trips like this:

My old Mt Vision, 2005 Trance as pictured & current 2008 Trance all fitted fine…
    Better pic of the car (a Sylva Mojo which I built in 2004, see http://www.mymojo.co.uk):

alanf
    Free Member

E30 M3’s FTW!
    The Integrales are right up there too…

SidewaysTim

Most stw “niche-tastic” cars here in order of my personal desirability :
    Lancias – Win/Win
    Triumph Stag – Win
    TR6 – Win
    MG Midget – Win plus bonus point and hat’s off salute for effort.

That’s no Stag, it’s a Spitfire!

somafunk

Sincere apologies Tim, i was viewing the page on an iphone, i’m now away out to self flagellate with hazel rods for my penance, nice spitfire by the way 😆

Kryton57

@ mountain mutant – do you / did you frequent Epping Forest, I’m sure I recognise that RS6…?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

This was my third MX5. Only ever had the bike in this one too!
    [/url]
    IMG_3906 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr[/img]

Then replaced the 5 for a more sensible family runaround (had 2 bikes, 2 lots of kit in it for a weekend in Wales):
    [/url]
    IMG_5153 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr[/img]

But all the time running a Mondeo ST which balanced things out…

Dyffers
    Free Member

There’s a lot of cars on this thread that are just big-engined, thirsty cars, not really inappropriate.

I had no problem putting a bike or two in the back of my Citroen Saxo, Honda Civic Type R, and now my thirsty 330i BMW estate. None are really inappropriate.

I never bothered trying to carry a bike in the Honda S2000. Just too much effort (and the missus had a Yaris).

MG / Triumph and definitely the Audi R8 are the proper inappropriate cars here I reckon.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

@Kryton57

Yes at Epping most weekends

ourmaninthenorth

No pics I can share – but do have them somewhere – of our sorely missed MX5 when we drove to Avignon & back with my bike on the back for the 2009 Etape.

Houns

RS6 must be the perfect bike lugging car

SidewaysTim

Sincere apologies Tim, i was viewing the page on an iphone, i’m now away out to self flagellate with hazel rods for my penance, nice spitfire by the way

No worries – you could get two bikes in a Stag 🙂

Kryton57

MountainMutant – Member

@Kryton57
    Yes at Epping most weekends

Ah! Then you and me have “met” some while ago. I ride with another Epping group and we all came over to admire the Audi when you first arrived in it. You won’t remember though, especially as I’ve changed the most memorable bit of ID – the bike – several times since then. 😀

MountainMutant
    Free Member

No I don’t remember…I’ve had the car nearly 7 years!

xiphon
    Free Member

RS6…. drooool…..

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Show me your (real) totally inappropriate non STW standard bike cars…’ is closed to new replies.