Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 186 total)
  • Show me your "do it all" full sussers.
  • feckless
    Free Member

Mine a couple of years ago, when it was still new.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Used to be alllllllll about the Blur 4X. A truly amazing bike:

And now its all about the folded filing cabinet. Be rude not to since I live a mile down the road from Orange:

IMG_4232 by snowslave, on Flickr

wilko1999
    Free Member

Stranga
    Free Member

Also has a reverb but waiting on a new one from Fishers under warranty

Weighs in at 32lbs

stayhigh

sailor74
    Free Member

My Mojo HD. Comes in at just over 30lbs, significantly lighter with an air shock, however the 2012 XV Kashima RP23 was dreadful so had to go. Works a treat 1×10 and with some offset shock mounts from Burgtec.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I wish that was a real kickstand on sailors Mojo. Pushbikes with kickstands are just hilarious, we should all have one for the comedy factor

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

New Nomad Carbon build so far only desert miles but I can’t wait to get it on tome Pearce DH tracks in the wet and mud when I’m back!

kudos100
    Free Member

Very nice hippy.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

P1010564 by DavidHodgson, on Flickr

sefton
    Free Member

thered

Best Bike Ever

stevenieve
    Free Member

My Nomad C

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Damn I really wanted a Matt white one!

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

stuarty
    Free Member

Jonnyvegas you must have some legs
    onya if you pedal that up hill

racingsnail
    Free Member

My only bike now

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Here’s my Mojo SLR

M1llh0use
    Free Member

lousy picture, epic bike.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Racingsnail – What’s the wicked like in the real world?

ashfanman
    Free Member

Racingsnail – how are you getting on with it?

racingsnail
    Free Member

Really good so far I’ve only had 5 or so days out on it mainly round some familiar trail centers to try and get used to it and get a bit of fitness back but it’s been pretty icy so been gentle with it.

The bike rides well very natural and stable, climbs quite good even with the TRC off, anything steep enough for the granny ring and you just flip off the back because of the high front end/ short stem. The Bos suspension it quite firm I don’t think it would suit an all day ride type of bike it definitely needs to be ridden hard to get the best out of it.

The only slightly disappointing thing is the shock is really clicky enough so that I had to send an email out to check it’s working right. Apparently it’s do do with an new metal washer instead of an older style plastic one. Going off jumps, drops and slamming through rock sections its silent but just riding along “clicky clicky click click clicky click” I guess I’ll just get used to it, never really though about it the last time out.

When I got it changed the tyres over to tubeless (They came with tubes) and fitted an E13 TRS+ (just as well, I clonked a few rocks with it already)
    Going to get a new saddle next as the YT one is uncomfortable and lumpy at best and I don’t like the the thin grips.

No regrets with buying it though still get exited and have a big smile when I throw a leg over it.

Anything you want to know about it? Bike review are not my forte but I’ll give it a go.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Crashtestmonkey, I have been lusting over a nomad for a while now. I see that you replaced the Nomad with an Alpine 160. Whats the major differences?

apologies for late reply. I had a Mk.1 Nomad and it was the biggest disappointment in 18 years of riding. Climbed like a dog with a broken back in the granny ring; the chain compressed the lower link effectively shortening the chain stay 3/4 inch every pedal stroke. Hateful. I can only assume from the total lack of comment in this in all the reviews I read the the testers stuck exclusively to uplifts.

The Mk.2 VPP used on later Nomads and other VPP bikes is supposed to be far better and you should get some different opinions from other Nomad owners, all I can say is stay away from the earlier stuff.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I don’t have an online picture thingy so I’m not going to post a picture but I have been riding a Foes Shaver, its a really great bike, goes like a Hare being chased by a whippet on descents and digs in well when climbing. Nice thing with this bike is they now use fox dampers so service and warranty isn’t a problem, I have ridden it in France and not felt ruined at the end of the day and finally you don’t see many of them on the trails. The other bike I considered was the Mojo HD which is also a great looking bike that is meant to ride like a dream.

backtothetop
    Free Member

the only thing i struggle with this on is the really steep dh stuff, otherwise it does everything a uk trail center has to offer.

will get a 160mm bike next though.

bonesetter
    Free Member

100mm travel RM Element 970 🙂

singlespeedstu

TB LTc for most stuff.

2012_0825talgarth0037 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

MK1 shitting dog for other stuff.
    Pedals fine when setup right. 😉

2011_0630verbier110018 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

racingsnail
    Free Member

Bonesetter, that is one sleek looking bike, never seen one before looks good and nice bell!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Pedals fine when setup right

Sadly not true because my complaint is with the chain running parallel with the chainstay on the granny ring and compressing the bottom link. No amount of shock tuning or adjustment would have any effect on that. the lower link can move independently of whatever the upper link and shock is doing as the rear triangle is free to hinge on the triangle- upper linkage pivot.

I am so bored I just knocked this up

Unless by “setup” you mean using a 32T ring as the granny.

It was my dream bike, spent 2 years saving for it, sold it after 6 months. The Alpine isn’t perfect but climbing is a revelation.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My Nomad mk1 pedalled shite in the granny gear too.

singlespeedstu

Anyone know what 😉 means?

😆

bonesetter
    Free Member

RS – yes, beautiful tube forming. Very nice all round bike. If you’re going off the side of Snowdon or on an Alpine trip you may need a little more travel, but this does pretty well

Here’s another

unklehomered
    Free Member

Meta AM in proto form (old 9 speed chainset while I ponder options)

sandal100

My Tracer 2. Now has added BOS Vip’r shock and an angleset set at -1

gdj001
    Free Member

[/url] Untitled by Gd-j, on Flickr[/img]

Soon to be 1×10 as the drive chain is very worn and it all needs replacing

roblane65
    Free Member

my intense 5.5 has to do everything it’s my only bike
    recently put some 2nd hand 55’s on and the’re shite.doh. running 1 x 10 with gamut p25 looking to see if I can get some 15mm for the 2010 crossmax to give me some more options in the fork market.

Scapegoat

1st test ride after I built it

Now with Reverb and Flow rims

xdownhiller
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8731728
    dont know how to post pics on here sorry
    shaun

rockhopper70

Scapegoat – is that Norland moor?

Scapegoat

Yes, Norland Moor. That descent straight down the middle was a great test.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘Show me your "do it all" full sussers.’ is closed to new replies.