Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shoes for flats and clipless
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I’ve recently tried again on flats and have been getting on with them better than I thought. However this was on a pair of five ten clipless shoes with the cleats removed, the shoes now need replacing and I’m wondering if there are any shoes that can do both without leaving a gaping hole where the cleats should be- I’m sure I’ve seen a pair of 5 10’s that had a removable cleat cap that screwed into the cleat plate.
    Anyone got any ideas?

vmgscot

My old 5.10 Hellcats were like that

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah I thought it was a 5.10 thing. Unfortunately the hellcat page on the 5.10 website doesn’t show any signs of what I’m thinking of.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

The 5.10 clipless shoes are the Raven and Maltese Falcon. Think both have the recessed hole for the spd cleat

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah I know the clipless range. But I’m sure I’ve seen a pair of shoes that I think were 5.10 that had a bolt on ‘cap’ so that you can cover up the cleat hole if your using the shoes with flats.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

They did come with a screw on cover (well, the new ones I had did).

That said however, based on use, they would do pretty good job of putting you off riding flats. They are terrible compared to a ‘normal’ 5-10 – the sole is so thick & the shoe is so clumpy you can barely feel a thing.

Save yourself the bother. Buy a set of secondhand normal 5-10’s to try. If you don’t like it, sell them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shoes for flats and clipless’ is closed to new replies.