Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shoe sizing question – Big Feet – Specialized/Sidi
  • 19ninety
    Free Member

I’ve got big feet, UK14, and have been using Shimano M088 Wide fit shoes. They’re falling apart now after two years, so been thinking about treating my toes to some new shoes.
    I need some help on sizing though, I know Shimano come up small, even their size charts say a EU51 is a UK14. How well do Specialized and Sidi size up? Is a EU50 SIDI really a UK14, and is a EU49 Spesh really a UK14?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m normally a 44/UK9.5 but my Specialized 2FOs are 45/UK10.5 on the label. Think my AM41s also came up small so I would guess get the same in Specialized as you have from Shimano as a starting point.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m a size 14 as well, I find Diadora fit well as they have a wide option also. I’ve noticed that recent Shimano shoes have been coming up small and I have had to go for 51 where as before I could manage with a 48/49.

lunge

Spec wearer here, I wear 46 in normal shoes and a 47 in Spec shoes.

lardman
    Free Member

My wide feet have always preferred specialized shoes. Shimano are quite wide, but I have to get a size up from the normal with them.

MSP

It is really a bit hit and miss, I take a 50 in sidi they look a bit pointy but are ok as the upper is soft and adapts to the foot, Specialized I am normally 49, but they don’t really have any give in the uppers, so the new 2fo cliplite have a last that cuts in on my big toe, gets quite annoying after a while. I find lake shoes to be a good size and go up to sizes for fully grown men, they have a good wide toebox in standard and do wide fittings as well, however you have to go up the range to get a decent shoe IMO the cheaper ones are not good at all.

Its an odd thing but with the advent of internet shopping I have gone up a size or two over the past 5 years, just due to being able to buy shoes that fit and not spend my life cramped into badly fitting shoes. But is does mean having to order shoes to try and and send back if they are not right, a process that is available to most in shops but not for the larger footed gentleman.

19ninety
    Free Member

Just tried this, it’s way out!
    http://www.sidishoestore.com/sidi-shoe-size.pdf
    Says I’m an EU46 🙄

So far looking at shoes I own:
    Shimano M088’s – UK14 – EU51
    DC’s – UK 14 – EU 50
    Nike trainers – UK14 – EU49.5
    Magnum Stealth Force & Mach II’s UK14 – EU48
    Unbranded Black Shoes – EU48
    3 Year old tatty snug fitting Magnum Boots – UK13 – EU47

Might have to order a couple of different pairs and see how they fit – have a feeling the size 49 Specialized might be too small.
    Honestly hate having huge feet, wanted to avoid having £££’s of shoes on order. Certainly since the internet I’m wearing bigger shoes, wise they had been available when I was a kid, would mean my toes might not be so screwed up!

19ninety
    Free Member

Well. The Sidi Dominator Mega EU50 – Good size overall, but the upper area where the tongue finishes was awful, way to small, felt like it was cutting in to the top of my foot 🙁 Nice width and good room in the toe box.
    S-Works XC EU49 – Length fine, really comfy but a little narrow and the toe box …. so small I could see the shape of my toe through the top of the shoe lol. Beautiful shoes. I must have meaty toes and huge ankles!!

Back to internet shopping!

Scapegoat

I’ve got wide feet, 10.5/45 G or H on most lasts. I like Spesh, one size up from normal, Tahos, and Pro carbons
    / Carbon Expert, MTB and Road are just right.

19ninety
    Free Member

I’m waiting till tomorrow before retuning the S-Works shoes, I’ve seen that Spesh make wide fit so want to speak with the shop and find out if they can get an EU50 wide in the S-Works XC … and match the price the size 49’s are on sale – cheeky.
    Giro have a HV version but I cant find any in big foot sizes online, need to have a look a Lake shoes as well.
    If all else fails will have to get another pair of M089’s :/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shoe sizing question – Big Feet – Specialized/Sidi’ is closed to new replies.