• This topic has 43 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by T1000.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Shed security again.
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Well, the concrete block and ground anchor arrangement is in place. Jeez, that sucker is heavy. I can just about rock the trough onto its side, but it is impossible to lift. The ground anchor is smack in middle of it and not going anywhere. Basically, I don’t think it will be worth anyone’s time for a steel hardtail. Here’s hoping that the scum don’t return. If they do, they will need either a pneumatic drill, a some kind of mains operated cutting machine or the worlds strongest man. Its a shame I’ve had to go to such lengths, but when you’re dealing with dregs of the human race you just have to.

Todchester
    Free Member

Camouflage. If you can make the out side of the shed look old and run down and hide the locks if you can. My bike shed was looking pritty run down and had one old rusty lock on it. The bikes were chain up inside. It’s good enuf lock for the insurance. I can’t say it’s a perfect plan but I do know a lot of ppl with shed loads (pun intended) locks that have been busted in too one way or another.
    Plus never turn strava on near your house and watch for ppl following you home from group rides.:-)

handyandy
    Free Member

the two theories I understand are to slow them down, and make noise. Locks on bikes, secure sheds, no windows to smash, etc. all slow things down.

Pea shingle is supposed to be good against the casual shed thief, as it makes lots of noise when they walk on it to approach the shed.

As mentioned previously, if they want what is in there, they will do a ‘smash and grab’ to get what they can.

T1000
    Free Member

Surrounding a shed with pyrocanthus will deter most scummy folk…

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Shed security again.’ is closed to new replies.