• This topic has 74 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by will.
Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • shaving legs
  • Tom83

And mud/oil/sweat/general crap does come off so much easier.

We’ve got this thing called a shower. I honestly can’t think of a time when i couldn’t get the mud off my legs because they are hairy!

yossarian
    Free Member

Real men have hairy legs and hairy bollocks.

No ifs, buts or maybes.

And mud/oil/sweat/general crap does come off so much easier

I am speechless with contempt at this statement, it sums up the real reason why some cyclists shave their legs better than I ever could. 😆

vdubber67
    Free Member

If you just ride a MTB then fair enough, but if you ride a road bike in lycra, it just looks wrong if you don’t shave.

damo2576
    Free Member

Easiest to wax at the same time you get your chest and back done

RealMan
    Free Member

Easiest to wax at the same time you get your chest and back done

Don’t forget sack and crack too.

gwaelod
    Free Member

this naked bike ride thing….do you have to shave everything to go on that?

jutty
    Free Member

You seen that a shaving company is actually shaving peoples legs at the Dartmoor classic sportive?

miketually
    Free Member

We’ve got this thing called a shower. I honestly can’t think of a time when i couldn’t get the mud off my legs because they are hairy!

I can. Off my legs, not yours.

I mean, it came off eventually but it was painful.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Winter – nope I leave them hairy
    Spring – if I wear 3/4’s then nope I’ll leave them hairy
    Summer – if I’ve a tan building and I’m in short bibs then yes I’ll shave
    Autumn – tanned/shaved legs and bibs deffo

Now’t to do with massage (though it is way easier) I just like the look and feel.
    And I ride 29erSS and Roadie.

faint
    Free Member

I thought some joker had swapped my chamois cream for immac, I then found out I had alopecia, so this year I’m experimenting shaving the hairy bits that are left, like the look and the feel but it’s a pain

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Shaved legs here too. No reason other than I’m vain and like the look and feel. Mrs MM likes it too. 🙂

R.lepecha

I pity the fool(s) who shave their legs to be faster.

D0NK

I’m tempted, it’s a cyclist thing innit. Plus mud splattered hairy legs look wierd, specially if it’s proper muddy and you end up with lumps of mud hanging off your leg hairs, very unsightly 😯 Trouble is where do you stop? Do the leg shavers here shave their arms too? No point me having smooth legs and gorrilla arms is there? where does it end?

crazy-legs

A few years ago at Mountain Mayhem, one of our more -roadie-orientated team-mates had shaved legs so naturally we all took the piss. Until it chucked it down and he managed to clean the mud off his legs with a wet towel while we were all scrubbing away at mud-encrusted hair. 🙁

fontmoss
    Free Member

a bump to stoke the fires, plus oldgit I’m intrigued as to your talk of oils?

wynne
    Free Member

Hairy legs are just about OK if you’re the baggy short type, but a NO NO with lycra. Just wrong. No argument.

That said, my worst cycling related injury came from shaving my legs. I ended up hospitalised on an antibiotic drip for three days. Not so cool.

I now pluck with one of those Braun things. Don’t be fooled by adverts with women smiling in the shower effortlessly plucking their legs. It’s an absolute sod the first time you use one, but for long lasting hair removal you can’t beat it.

RealMan
    Free Member

That said, my worst cycling related injury came from shaving my legs. I ended up hospitalised on an antibiotic drip for three days. Not so cool.

That doesn’t sound like a cycling related injury, more like an idiot related injury. What did you do?? 😀

Shaved my legs this morning, and I was in a bit of a rush to get out on the bike, and cut myself a couple of times (idiot). Turns out my sun tan lotion is alcohol based, legs were on fire for a good 10 minutes.

DickBarton

Doing a charity road ride on Saturday…I’ll be shaving my legs – how far up do you go? Mid thigh? Stomach? Chin? – I’m doing it for a laugh and don’t intend shaving them again for a good few years.

Haze

how far up do you go? Mid thigh? Stomach? Chin

Eye brows?

trekaround
    Free Member

is for women

rudedog
    Free Member

Its one step away from cross dressing.

xiphon
    Free Member

Don’t forget to put your shaver in your manbag when you’ve finished….

radoggair
    Free Member

start at my toes and finish at my chin 🙂

TBH, i find it looks a lot better in lycra esp on road bike when hairy legs n lycra is a no no. After a while of doing it, it justs becomes the norm and you get used to it. It feels quite nice as well

Be prepared though, first few times of doing it you will itch like mad, as in not being able to sleep itch

olympus
    Free Member

I cant believe this is even being discussed…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

maybe GRF was right!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

don’t intend shaving them again for a good few years

We’ll see!! 😉 😀

wynne
    Free Member

That doesn’t sound like a cycling related injury, more like an idiot related injury. What did you do??

Perhaps idiocy. I had a small haematoma on my shin from a pedal knock. When I shaved my leg I must have nicked a folicle just on top of the haematoma. Turns out small warm static pockets of blood are the perfect breeding grounds for germs. Anyway a day later my leg was twice its normal size with an abscess the size of a cricket ball sticking out the front of it. I was feverish. My leg was HOT. NHS Direct – straight to hospital. Septicaemia. No laughing matter.

simonb512
    Free Member

see if I dont shave mine…

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve finally succumbed now that I’m more a roadie than a mtber. Hairy legs and lycra is ugly. I tried a epilator, don’t recommend it as it isn’t comfortable and doesn’t work as well as I hoped – hairs often break rather than pull out.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Surely its purely and simply to make them look bigger, more defined and thus intimidating? Adds an inch elsewhere if you know what I mean 😉

Obviously having regular massages would make a difference but unless you are that level then whatever…

RealMan
    Free Member

simply to make them look bigger

Surely it would have the opposite effect?

ourmaninthenorth

Have yet to give in, even though I’m 98% roadie.

Partly because Mrs North has threatned the withdrawal of privileges if I do. And partly because, well, with legs as hairy as mine I’ve yet to work out where to stop.

Oh, and being laughed at for having hairy legs is the least of my worries on the bike.

Dogsby

It is hair sticking through lycra shorts that really gets me; not nice. Therefore a nice waxing sorts it out. After that a bit of epilator maintainence and you are sorted.

Dogsby

trickydisco
    Free Member

I succumbed a last month when i started racing. I’ve yet to see hairy legs at any of the road races i’ve done.

It looks much better in lycra..

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘shaving legs’ is closed to new replies.