Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)
  • Sexist porcine lawyer
  • theotherjonv

He was merely commenting on the professional quality of the photograph, not the subject.

M’lud.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Seems fairly innocuous comment but the real issue is this

My partner gets messages asking if he wants a job at hedge funds, I get propositions from men asking me out

DezB
    Free Member

Right to the end for the punchline
    “He later complimented her stunning picture, so I do think his crime is provoked from Charlotte.”
    He added: “If a man wanted to approach a woman because he thinks her attractive at work or through LinkedIn, it doesn’t make him sexist; it is just perfectly natural behaviour.”

So she asked for it and it’s ok behaviour for old blokes to dribble over young women at work. Nice.

BillMC

He advises on technology intellectual property and cyber-risk including drafting insurance wording and advising on the insurance implications of technology and/or IP rich transaction and projects.

Hoist by his own petard

Gary_M
    Free Member

Charlotte Proudman, Barrister and feminist legal activist, has an extremely impressive linkedin profile (the written bit).

Seems fairly innocuous comment

Not really, it’s completely inappropriate.

What a stupid and lecherous thing to do.

Pigface
    Free Member

A video cassette recorder????

retro83
    Free Member

What were you thinking Alexander?! FFS she has a haircut like Cassandra from Fools & Horses circa 1990.

stewartc
    Free Member

Gutted, the only comment I have had regarding my LinkedIn profile pic was from my boss.

Change the picture, you look like a criminal

geoffj

Gutted, the only comment I have had regarding my LinkedIn profile pic was from my boss.
    Change the picture, you look like a criminal

😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hand’s up, who’s social media pictures are deliberately picked to show you at your worst?

She didn’t ‘ask for it’, but if we didn’t want to be judged by appearances, why have a picture at all? My linked-in doesn’t.

Gary_M
    Free Member

She didn’t ‘ask for it’, but if we didn’t want to be judged by appearances, why have a picture at all? My linked-in doesn’t.

Seriously?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Charlotte Proudman, Barrister and feminist legal activist

I think this should have been the first warning sign about why not to pay her a compliment.(edit – if this was what he thought he was doing)

I reckon he is off my list if I need a sharp legal team

jimjam
    Free Member

His comment was ill judged (or he was on the wind up), considering the current climate and her activism but her reaction is laughable .

Strange that she goes to the bother of having perfect hair and makeup, and lighting which implies a fair bit of consideration as to how she will look in the photograph and then loses her shit when she gets complimented on it.

edhornby

nah, that email is clearly what he thinks is smooth, but isn’t and he’s been called out for trying it on, slimy behaviour

Coyote
    Free Member

Find myself agreeing with jimjam here.

wrecker
    Free Member

Schoolboy stuff. Everyone knows that you should never EVER compliment a feminist on her looks. Basics.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Some people just can’t take a compliment! Just waiting around looking for something to be offended by! Pathetic!

Sui
    Free Member

she reminds me of people on here looking for something to get angry about.. What a waste of key strokes she is.. I personally don’t think she’s done herself any favours at all, people will see her as argumentative and obstructive for the sake of personal views.

piemonster

Photo looks a bit rubbish to me

piemonster

And to a degree I agree with Jimjam

Reminds me of Goths in a way

hatter

His comment was ill judged, considering the current climate and her activism but her reaction is laughable .

This

He’s a dinosaur and she’s desperate to make a name for herself by taking public offense at anything going. One as bad as the other IMHO.

Move along, nothing to see here.

jimdubleyou

people will see her as argumentative and obstructive

She is a barrister – that’s her job!

DezB
    Free Member

Strange that she goes to the bother of having perfect hair and makeup, and lighting which implies a fair bit of consideration as to how she will look in the photograph..

and looks over her shoulder all doe eyed. ooh!

chakaping
    Free Member

Awks, as the yoof say.

ninfan
    Free Member

Matthew Scott, a barrister and blogger, said: “I think we have to look how this developed… Charlotte sent him a message, asking him to connect so the initial contact was made by Charlotte.

Suggests he was being nothing more that charming and polite

I’d fully accept that if he had contacted her like that out of the blue, he’d be a letch, but I think as a reply to her contact it’s totally different.

globalti
    Free Member

She needs to grow up. She should have realised that posting her picture on a site frequented by frustrated, wealthy alpha males who are accustomed to having things their own way would inevitably attract chancers and philanderers. You don’t need a law degree to work that out.

chakaping
    Free Member

She needs to grow up.

No, he does.

🙄

hatter

They both do

wrecker
    Free Member

What he said isn’t right or acceptable. She’s milked it for all it’s worth. They’re both dicks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No, he does.

She goes off on one about a (positive) comment which is sexist, but arguably in a positive way (she didn’t put that pic up thinking “no one will give me a job if I look good” and he responds with a spectacularly ill advised comment which nails the elephant I the room like an American dentist on holiday). She then responds by making his age an issue in a negative way………….

DezB
    Free Member

She then responds by making his age an issue in a negative way…

Well I’d certainly expect similar if I went around leering over women 20 years younger than me! (Noticably 8) )

philxx1975
    Free Member
    baronsamedi
    Free Member

Learn to take a compliment, sugar tits

curto80
    Free Member

What Wrecked said. Neither of these people have enough to worry about in life if this is how they spend their time.

ourmaninthenorth

Neither have done well here. Only one of them will suffer a negative impact on their career.

It won’t be him.

Gary_M
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon have a think if it’s something you would be comfortable typing in a message to a woman half your age. Surely at some point whilst typing the ‘not politically correct’ bit he must have thought ‘oh hang on this sounds a bit off’, maybe just keep it professional.

My thoughts are he was waiting for a reaction and I don’t think he got the one he was hoping for.

wrecker
    Free Member

That linkedin pic flatters her quite spectacularly. I wonder why she chose it?

The newspaper cameraperson wasn’t quite as kind.

Cougar

He’s a dinosaur and she’s desperate to make a name for herself by taking public offense at anything going.

About sums it up for me.

She’s absolutely right, of course. It’s a wholly inappropriate comment, and what’s more he knew it was wholly inappropriate, he says as much in the email. It’s not about her not “taking a compliment,” it’s about him effusing about her bloody photograph – on LinkedIn for gods’ sake – and then mentioning an interest in her professional (presumably) skills almost as an afterthought in the closing sentence. She’s right to be offended and unequivocally right in calling him on it. Good for her.

However. She then takes to Twitter ten minutes after emailing him to tell the world all about it (which I guess is forgiveable, arguably he deserved it) and “she has contacted Brown Rudnick to complain and will also be referring the issue to the Solicitors Regulation Authority, as well as reporting to police subsequent Twitter trolling.” Seriously, she thinks this is a measured and appropriate response to his stupid email? And now of course, she’s on National radio, they’re both all over the web, Twitter, Facebook, a popular mountain bike forum, and I’m suddenly struggling to give more of a shit about her than I do about Nicki Minaj’s wax arse.

jimjam
    Free Member

philxx1975 – Member

Id just been for a lunchtime out-gas and this was top of the feed

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/i-am-not-a-man-hating-feminazi-barrister-charlotte-proudman-on-why-she-exposed-sexist-linkedin-a2944426.html

Gosh

what is one to do [/url]

She has seen an opportunity to make a name for herself and seized it. She says herself she had recieved similar comments, but when she noticed who he was she decided to crucify him.

The newspaper cameraperson wasn’t quite as kind.

Two pints.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Sexist porcine lawyer’ is closed to new replies.