Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Servicing Marzocchi MX pro LO (2008)
  • mrh86

Had these about 6 months now, and I think some dirt must have got down one of the seals, as when compressed a black mark if left behind on the stanction. Occasionally it also squeaks. Is there an easy way to service/take the seals off? Any one got any instructions?

Cheers

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Marzocchi website is pretty good for service manuels. Have a browse…

mrh86

I can only find on a small manual with no service instructions

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Is there lots of oil or just small rings?

Normally with marzocchi i would release air pressure, remove the top caps, pour out oil, remove footbolt then cartridge should just pull out leaving stanctions and lowers. Stanction and lowers can then be parted and you can get at the seals.
    (Disclaimer…it has been a few years since ive have a set of marzocchis so this may not be accurate!)

Im just waiting for a set of mx comps to arrive…when i get them i’m gonna strip them down and service. If your still without a guide i can help more then!

mrh86

Its like a vertical streak/line that is left behind

druidh
    Free Member

AFAIK, Marzocchi stopped making service manuals available in 2007. I think it’s something to do with warranty – if you only get them services by a recognised service centre, they’ll have fewer issues etc.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

AFAIK, Marzocchi stopped making service manuals available in 2007. I think it’s something to do with warranty – if you only get them services by a recognised service centre, they’ll have fewer issues etc.

If that is the case its pretty interesting to see the other 2 (fox and rockshox) going the other way and releasing full stripdown instructions.

druidh
    Free Member

Indeed stuart. As a long time Marzocchi fan, I can honestly say that this difference in attitude will make ALL the difference next time I buy forks.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Indeed stuart. As a long time Marzocchi fan, I can honestly say that this difference in attitude will make ALL the difference next time I buy forks.

That and the reliability that marzocchi were famed for has gone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Servicing Marzocchi MX pro LO (2008)’ is closed to new replies.