Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Seems to be lots of love here for Stanton Sherpa.
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

853 or Ti owners, please tell me what you love so much about your Sherpa.

What areas does it excel?

Where do you find it lacking?

Anything that you’d change if you could?

How have you got yours set up?

Pics would be ace too.

Ooh and the most important bit (in 853 guise), green or grey 🙂

I’m interested in this bike and would welcome any owners views.

Cheers

weeksy

Got to be green. Looks stunning.

I’ve not bought one, but I almost have, about 6 times.

If they knock the 20% off frame price like the Slackline, I’d find it very hard to say no.

riklegge

I had a MK1 which I liked. I ended up swapping the frame for a Switchback, because I found the sizing slightly better for me. It was fairly light built with Stan’s crest and hope wheels, fox 32, fox transfer dropper, answer carbon bar and XT 1x set up.

It was brilliant on flowy singletrack, great at mile munching and quite forgiving on rocky terrain. I prefer the more playful nature of my switchback, but the Sherpa was still a fun bike.

I’d actually quite like to build one again run with a rigid carbon fork and plus tyres, although I’d need a lot more spare cash.

Both colours are great but personally I think the green rocks.

metalheart
    Free Member

Green (obvs).

find it a touch on the short side (large with 55mm stem).

it a lovely looking bike but for some reason I’ve never really gelled with it… I get a sore back/shoulders after a couple hours on it.

better in the singletrack than my (current) SolarisMAX.

seadog101

Hoping to get one before the end of the year, looks like the ideal bike for what I ride.

I’ll follow this thread..

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’ve had two really liked them but I think at the current price point I would find it hard to justify the frame.

Fist one

Second one

HAS TO BE GREEN!

cb200
    Free Member

Grey mk2, set up as 29er (27.5+ was fun too bit ultimately not for me)

I need an all-rounder and the Sherpa is perfect at that. I played around a bit with stem length and 40mm gives a very nimble bike indeed which climbs well.

It’s weird, as the marketing talks about all-day loops in the peaks, which I’d normally take with a pinch of salt. Then I took it for some loops in the peaks and it feels perfect for that type of riding, like it has come home 🙂

Other than that, trails, commuting and general hooning are all well served.

alfabus
    Free Member

I bought one for child carrying and bikepacking duties, but it turns out that it is a blast on the trails too.

not sure whether hotlinking from google photos will work, but here goes nothing….

bowglie

Mrs B has one of the Mk1’s in metallic green and she much prefers it to my Mk2 Solaris (luckily, we both ride same size frames).  I’ve tried the Sherpa and the frame feels a little bit more forgiving than my Solaris – it’s handling and balance is about as good as it gets for an off the shelf steel frame…and the frame is very nicely finished.

p.s. Love the child carrying version above😊

Rosss
    Free Member

I had a MK1 Ti I sold to buy my house. Of all the bikes I’ve had in the last few years it stands out as the most special. For covering the miles and trail centre blasts it’s about as good as hardtail get. The Switchback I had before it was a superb bike but didn’t leave the lasting impression of the Ti Sherpa. Will get another this year, probably with a slackest to knock a degree or two off the head angle.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Judging by the pics it seems it excels at bimbling 🤘🏽

coomber
    Free Member

</div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I had a MK1 Ti I sold to buy my house

I knew Stanton were pricey but that is incredible

bonzodog
    Free Member

Thanks very much for your words guys. Looks like this is a well loved bike (and green is pretty popular).

I suppose Id better buy one of these!

alfabus wins the award for cutest picture ever 🙂

Andy

I have a Mk1 (Green, natch) bought off this parish pretty cheaply. I think its great. Really quite a nice feeling bike. I have had a Sir9, Swift, Inbred, and a Solaris and this is a much nicer riding bike.  Also using a shim and 27.2 seatpost helps with comfort too.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Love mine. Probably the bike I’m least likely to get rid of (i have 5 bikes). In grey, which is IN FACT the best colour and lighter too 😁.  But Stanton are setting up their own paint shop so I may change to a burnt amber or crushed plum

Good: lovely forgiving frame, very adaptable (100mm fork = is an all day xc machine, 120mm fork = trail monster), lovely build quality, great community of owners, good customer service.

Bad: I can’t afford a Ti frame.

Buy one… The good thing about a high retail price is a good 2nd hand value.

oldnpastit

I’ve got one. I’ve not really used it since it got all cold and miserable, but I think it’s great. I commuted on it for the last few days and I realised I’d forgotten just how good it is.

Here it is back before Winter was invented and the world became dark and miserable:

Stanton in the Alps

Andy-R

Haven’t seen you in years, Bonz – everything good?

bonzodog
    Free Member

Wotcha me old mate. Hows tricks?

Not bad ta. Trying hard to re-generate enthusiasm, hence the new bike retail therapy. Been out of touch for a while and lots has changed! Not getting any fitter (or younger) and fancy something with gears now 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Seems to be lots of love here for Stanton Sherpa.’ is closed to new replies.