Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Secret State
  • failedengineer

Call me Mr Thicky, but who was marching into that building at the end and did the vote go against the PM and were we at war with Iran? Bit far fetched IMHO – how could a journalist get such easy access to the PM for one thing?

parkedtiger
    Free Member

General Munnery (played by Nicholas Farrell) was marching into the building, being welcomed back – the implication being that Tom Dawkins (the man that sacked him) was out. Also the end tableau of Dawkins back at the scene of the original Petroflex incident, looking like a war zone, together with the sound of a blast (the accident and/or weapons fire) – both leading us to conclude the war was on. Dawkins’ portrait was also on the wall of the stairs at Number 10: I could be wrong, but I think you only get your portrait on the wall once you’re an ex-Prime Minister.

failedengineer

Ahhh. You’re right, his portrait was on the wall and I agree that it means he was an ex-PM. So, war with Iran, then. Absolute b**locks – there’s no way a British Government would declare war on such a flimsy premise …… oh, hang on …

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yeah I had enjoyed this series but was disappointed with the ending… if the vast majority of it was farfetched, why did it have to get realistic at the end?

I would have preferred an silly happy ending where the PM was triumphant.

Oh well… its only a telebox program and I enjoyed watching Messrs. Byrne and Dance very much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Secret State’ is closed to new replies.