Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 734 total)
  • Scottish independence- where do you stand?
  • piemonster

“your not welcome in our country scum”

I’ve been made very welcome here, and by people from many walks of life.

seosamh77
    Free Member

SD-253 – Member
    You jocks are boring me now. Stick to what you are good at. Whining. No doubt you won’t leave the union as you will have to put your hands in your pocket and pay your way. Something you have never done and no doubt never will.

I think “bawbag” aptly sums up this fella! :mrgreen:

GrahamS

As in the English are inferior?

Er… no. Sorry to spell it out, but I was poking fun at your poor command of language (and apparent lack of debating skills or critical thought).

Nothing like a bit of jock xenophobia

ads678

I’m English and would prefer it if the next time Farrage crosses the border WE don’t let him back in either!!

and that BNP nobber as well, basically the same person any way.

Northwind

dragon – Member

Northwind, this argument is mince, since Scotland doesn’t have a choice if it is a signed up member of the EU. Scotland could only not fund EU students if it wasn’t a member of the EU.

That’s exactly what I said 😕 So, er, thanks for supporting my point I guess.

The rUK charges Scottish students. Scotland charges rUK students. rUK students in Scotland pay much the same as they would pay in the rUK. How frightfully, er, fair and equable.

SD-253
    Free Member

“Xenophobic = Relating to a substance foreign to the body” the only word found to describe people who despise another despite being of the same race

GrahamS

Ever seen the video of Nigel Farage in Edinburgh? It’s embedded in this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/may/16/nigel-farage-edinburgh-protesters-van

You’ll note that those nasty “xenphobic” protestors were holding a big sign saying “Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic parties are not welcome in Scotland”.

And the protestors in Aberdeen that he called “fascists” were in fact a group called “The Aberdeen Anti-Fascist Alliance”.

robbespierre
    Free Member

SD-253 has previous.
    This is him defending Bloom from UKIP over his “Bongo Bongo land” quote:

He is correct pity about his choice of words, as that just gives the politically correct middle class (so called) liberals a way of calling UKIP racist. If you given aid for the poor they just reduce there government spending on the needy by the same amount. India is prime example. If we are going to give aid at least we should choose what to give it for AND to be on the ground to see that’s what it is being used for?

teacake
    Free Member

I am enraged by this thread.

So many: your – you’re; their – there – they’re, mistakes!

Argh!!!

Pedantry aside, it’s actually quite difficult to understand what some are trying to say. Why don’t we meet in a pub tomorrow evening and discuss more clearly?! That’d be good.

ads678

I’ll have a pint a heeevy 😀

athgray
    Free Member

I know I said I would sign off, however felt compelled to say SD-253 appears to be showing lack of understanding of xenophobia as well as poor language skills.

On Farage, I don’t understand why a protest of this sort was required. I am all for peaceful protest, which this went beyond. He is an idiot with little or no support in Scotland. This would not have changed had he been heard out. The entire event succeeded in looking ugly and legitimized Farage by giving him a platform on BBC Question Time.

On the issue on being offended by banter, we recently had an “is jock offensive” thread. Many seem to consider it was, which is perfectly understandable, but we can’t say the English don’t get our banter when the situation is reversed. I would probably feel offended if I went to England and saw the flags in the windows on the last page but with the arrows reversed.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Pedantry aside, it’s actually quite difficult to understand what some are trying to say.

Cunning use of ‘some are’. Taking no chances with the[y’re/ir/ere].

On Farage, I don’t understand why a protest of this sort was required. I am all for peaceful protest, which this went beyond. He is an idiot with little or no support in Scotland.

Of course he has no support. You already have a nationalist party running the place.

Northwind

athgray – Member

The entire event succeeded in looking ugly and legitimized Farage by giving him a platform on BBC Question Time.

Yeah, I agree with that, I’m sure it was satisfying at the time but it was unproductive.

Thing is, UKIP’s appeal is simple- they’re the party for people who think the Tories aren’t big enough *****. And in england, that’s a fairly large voter base. So by being bigger ***** than the tories they win votes

But in scotland, the demise of the tories is because we don’t like *****. So trying to win votes by being even bigger ***** was never going to work very well.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Of course he has no support. You already have a nationalist party running the place.

I’m not a supporter of the SNP at all, but you cannot equate the BNP(and their publicly “acceptable” face, UKIP) to the SNP.! 😀

Their respective attitudes towards immigration alone stand them miles apart.

kimbers

is sd-253 a ukip sock puppet?

winston_dog
    Free Member

His name could linked be one of these SdKfz-253

Or one of the these Bread Maker with Nut Dispenser

scotroutes

SD-253 – Member – Quote
    The other day I saw a Scottish flag flying in a garden in Lincolnshire, what would happen if you flew an english flag in Scotland? How long would it be before they torched your house?

Err, seriously? I guess you’ve never actually been to Scotland then.

GrahamS

I guess you’ve never actually been to Scotland then.

He did say earlier “What makes you think I would ever want to go to that disgusting country?”

Though I’m sure he meant it in an entirely non-xenophobic way 😉

piemonster

This thread needs a Doomsday film piccy

rene59
    Free Member

SD-253, see this guy 40secs in. You got a Scottish relative by any chance?

Warning, contains idiots and profanity.

mt
    Free Member

“Their respective attitudes towards immigration alone stand them miles apart.”

That’s good as I plan to move to Barra or Ardnamurchan if the SNP claims UDI.

GrahamS

SD-253, see this guy 40secs in. You got a Scottish relative by any chance?

That’s odd – he seems to be wearing an England strip in Central Scotland and yet for some reason he isn’t on fire?

gordimhor

Terry Butcher in the Daily Record
    . I’m very happy here. I drive past Loch Ness every morning from my home up on the hills and I have never known a more beautiful commute.”After years of doing the M4 and M40, as well as the M25, do you know what it feels like to drive through Drumnadrochit on the A82 and look across the water to the village of Dores? Wow, it’s paradise.

I don’t think it’s paradise more of a work in progress. …..but if there was ever a prouder more patriotic Englishman living in Scotland I don’t know who he is. .Terry Butcher is also pretty popular throughout Scotland even with this celtic fan 8)

piemonster

Oh right, Terry gets all the ******* praise

What about ME, ME ME ME ME ME.

piemonster

Who the hell is Terry anyway 👿

gordimhor

Apologies piemonster should have given you credit for responding sd53 with such good sense. Sorry.

piemonster

😀

athgray
    Free Member

I am sure he will miss that commute gordimhor. Although supporting the union I do like to hear positive views of the Highlands. Steve Peat said something similar about Glencoe in a video with Hans Rey and Danny Macaskill.

gordimhor

Now that he’s in Edinburgh Leith will Terry be commuting on his singlespeed?

MrSmith
    Free Member
    bencooper
    Free Member

I like how they illustrate Scottish football hooligans by using a picture with an English flag in it 😉

BoardinBob

I like how they illustrate Scottish football hooligans by using a picture with an English flag in it

And it’s a German guy hitting an English guy…

piemonster

I laughed just looking at the banner.

Street “hooliganism,” government welfare and alcoholism define much of Scottish culture.

Yes, I’d say this 100% accurately reflects my street. FACT. Maybe even a SCIENCE FACT.

I also eagerly anticipate liberation from Holyrood with the conquering army of Westminster. Will they bring Hershey bars?

Genius article, thanks for sharing.

piemonster

Really that website needs linking into any thread where the BBC is claimed to be right wing.

Northwind

They do not prize a healthy and muscled physique as boys do in the United States.

I did a laugh-wee. It was merely good til Sarah Palin weighed in. Eagerly awaiting some Bachmann.

bencooper
    Free Member

I think it’s satire – but scary that it’s hard to be sure.

piemonster

Wait what?

Are you seriously suggestion the Irish didn’t invent gonorrhoea?

Northwind

I’m choosing to believe it, the world’s a better place if you suspend your disbelief.

scotroutes

I just googled it – twice.

To be sure, to be sure.

SD-253
    Free Member

UKIP supporters want to leave the European Union therefore racist. Scottish Nationalist want to leave the Union but not Rasicst? The hypocrisy of the middle class politically correct and of course the jocks themselves. I wonder how long before the latter complain to the moderator and have these views removed and me blocked again? Uhmm is that called censorship?

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 734 total)

The topic ‘Scottish independence- where do you stand?’ is closed to new replies.