Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)
  • scenes in films that make you cry
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

mrsconsequence is an absolute rock when watching films, closest i’ve seen her come to crying was in toy story 3… what scenes cause you to end up with some dust in your eye? 🙂

wwaswas

toy story 3 for me every time – once when they nearly get incinerated and again at the end.

LOTR when they light the beacons of Gondor to summon aid.

and

never mind, I’m just a big softy.

Tiger6791

I will never watch Marley & Me again

deluded
    Free Member

I was deeply traumatised when Boba Fett fell into the Great Pit of Carkoon in RotJ.

j_me
    Free Member

Watership Down…..those poor bunnies 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

When Harry has to leave the Hendersons.

From ‘Bigfoot & the Hendersons’

molgrips
    Free Member

Up, lately.

BillMC

Billy Bibbet in the Cuckoo’s Nest

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m a massive softy… scene on the bench at the end of finding neverland hit me like a ton of bricks.

baldSpot
    Free Member

The Texas Chain Massacre always brings a tear to my eye 🙁

binners

The last scene of Withnail makes me cry. I think its because the whole film is so laugh-out-loud funny, that you don’t expect it to finish on such a powerful and emotional note.

I think I watched it a few times before i really ‘got’ the final scene

rossrobot
    Free Member

The opening sequence of Up, another Pixar classic.
    Also the bit in Edward Scissorhands when they banish him from the street.

ps. I also cried once at an episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air so I may be slightly over-sensitive.

Mintman
    Free Member

Anything with Herbie in it; a VW Beetle with a mind of its own is a scary concept…

selaciosa
    Free Member

E.T. when he’s all sick and white and looking likely to croak. Then the final scene when he buggers off.

Gets me every time.

The missus had never seen E.T. until a few years back when I played it to her for the first time and I knew those scenes were coming up I tried to man up but couldn’t – she didn’t get it. I think she’s thought less of me ever since.

richmars

Another one for Up here, first 5 minutes.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Sister Act 2 FFS! 😳

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

+ 1 for Up, Toy story 3 and Marley & me. The scene in Green mile where they let Coffey watch the Fred Astaire film gets me every time as well. Basically, I’m a great big soft lass. 😀

Harry_the_Spider

toy story 3 for me every time – once when they nearly get incinerated and again at the end.

Gets me every time too.

The end of Armageddon when Big Bruce rides the lightning has me welling up also.

yossarian
    Free Member

The end of ‘the killing fields’ when they are reunited

like.a.baby.

joao3v16
    Free Member

The first film I remember giving me a lump in the throat was a couple of scenes in Planes, Trains & Automobiles with Steve Martin & John Candy…

AdamW
    Free Member

The last scenes in ‘Dancer in the Dark’ (the one with Bjork in it).

No I am not usually into watching stuff like that. But it did make me bawl my eyes out.

MrTall
    Free Member

Marley and Me was a bloody awful film but you can’t help but cry at the end.

Field of Dreams always gets me, once when the Doc crosses off the pitch and then can’t go back and again at the end when Costner plays catch with his dad.

philconsequence
    Free Member

end of field of dreams
    beginning of up
    couple of parts of the notebook

in fact i’m a sucker for love so any overly romantic scene makes my eyes water a little

psychle
    Free Member

Up, Marley and Me, The Town… lot’s of others, I’m an emotionally repressed big softie, any movie that has ‘father issues’ of some sort tends to break my heart also…

deluded
    Free Member

The Veteran’s words at the end of Band of Brothers is powerful.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Sister Act 2

Yeah but that scene in Sisters Act Too! Well, that brought a tear to my eye as well!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Which one Charlie M? it matters!

BoardinBob

The end of Stand By Me when you hear what happened to River Phoenix’s character

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

In one of the Pink Panther films, Dreyfuss is mental and is holed up in Switzerland with some sort of Death Ray thing. Clouseau, master of disguise, disguises himself as a dentist to deal with the evil mentalist’s toothache and capture him. Something goes wrong with a bottle of laughing gas. At that point tears are streaming out my eyes and it all gets a bit hazy.

MrTall
    Free Member

“The Veteran’s words at the end of Band of Brothers is powerful. “

That reminds me, the end of Saving Private Ryan when the Old Man Ryan is in the cemetery and says to his wife ‘Tell me i’m a good man…’

I’m in bits at this point every time.

I think i cry at too many films actually thinking about it…..

DrJ

Terms of Endearment, Debra Winger’s deathbed scene.

Betty Blue, when Jean Hughes Anglade smothers her.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I think i cry at too many films actually thinking about it…..

i’ve been caught out by adverts for cancer charities, tv shows and most films that even a hormonal teenage girl going through a messy break up from her first love wouldn’t cry at.

means we release that emotion thus making us more awesome when real life gets tricky 😀

swoosh
    Free Member

The last scene in The Notebook got me. The Mrs wanted to watch it and I only agreed to it because of Rachel McAdams but now i’ll never watch it again because of the last scene.

Mantastic
    Free Member

The ending of the Shawshank redemption when they are reunited.

But also about 53 minutes into the crying game, brings a wee tear to my eyes at the thought.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hachi

Marley and Me

8 Below

Anyone notice a theme?

uplink
    Free Member

When the Mafia crush and throw those beautiful cars off the mountain in the Italian Job

always brings a tear 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

yossarian – Member

The end of ‘the killing fields’ when they are reunited

like.a.baby.

Cheers, saves me having to watch it now. 😉

Generally cry at Van Damme or Steven Seagal films.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I always know when Mrs Mitch (and before anyone accuses me of gross sexism, I’ve checked and believe this is the currently accepted ‘PC’ term) has an egg on the way, due to the amount of tears shed at seemingly innocuous adverts on the telly. I believe I’ve caught her blubbering at one of them injury lawyers for you adverts – class! 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

At the end of “The Sixth Sense”. Gets me everytime.

philconsequence
    Free Member

B’mitch – wouldn’t you cry if you fell and seriously injured your fringe?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘scenes in films that make you cry’ is closed to new replies.