Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Santander can stick it!
  • Bazz

Another vote for the Co-op here, they even give ME a bonus every year, albeit only £3.26 this year, but i’d rather see every customer get £3 than one CEO get £3 million.

ourmaninthenorth

6 years ago, I got done by a fraud on my Barclays account. I was in the UK, the fraud was in Brazil. Took Barclays 6 weeks to sort it out, leaving me with no cash in the meantime.

So, I opened a Co-op account. And promptly failed to do anything with it.

A quick call yesterday tells me the account is empty, but still available to use.

Bye bye Barclays.

cheburashka
    Free Member

As for the compo claim comment, you lose your card/details, cost them nearly £10k then get irate when they ask for a breakdown of your claim. Surely they should have just bunged you £5k for the inconvenience? I assume you’d do the same for any customers of yours?

Apart from the fact I know I didn’t lose my card or details, my card had never left my sight and I never used it in a petrol station / restaurant or any cash machine other than inside a bank; from their general ineptitude and lax security I wouldn’t be surprised if it was their end where any breach occurred – yeah why not…

When the money was returned obviously I shifted it to somewhere more credible, not least for the fact that I’d had to make so many phone calls to them that certain members of their call centre probably knew my security info off by heart.

To see if they’d improved their security I later returned a couple of grand to the account and attempted a large (bike related) purchase abroad. No questions asked, transaction went through first time.

When asked later if there was any outcome to the investigation or how it came about they refused to divulge any information, giving a stock reply that ‘we can confirm funds were returned to your account on 9th Sept 2010’ – they couldn’t even get that right, that was the date the money was taken. They eventually refunded my account in the October.

TheWrongTrousers

Yep, agree about Santander. Had no end of grief with them after they changed from Abbey National where I had been for around 20 years too. I moved two current accounts, two savings account and our mortgage to other banks/lenders and Santander never even bothered to ask why.
    They’re going daaahhhhnnn and they deserve every inch of it. Moved to Nationwide actually and have been happy with them, as it goes.
    As I’m typing this I’m looking at an ad for Santander over here on the right ===>
    How ironic !

cheburashka
    Free Member

+1 – I for one will do a little jig outside their last branch when they do go pop.

messiah
    Free Member

Branson did do a bank – the Virgin One Account… mortgage and current account roled into one (now part of RBS). Mine has been beyond excellent for the last 15 years… unfortunatly I had to move it due to a house move and I already miss it.

Clydesdale have been great with the new mortgage but banking with them is an arse due to the person I have to speak to at the branch knowing less about the products they offer than I do… which is scary!

I will consider moving back to the Virgin One Account when I can.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Santander can stick it!’ is closed to new replies.