• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gee.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Salsa Ala Carte green steel machine!
  • gee
    Free Member

The new winter bike got its first race today in the Newnham 60. It’s brilliant – the rigid forks are really forgiving and the 1.X single ring didn’t drop the chain once. There was enough of a gear range of gears for the Newnham course, it’s going to get a lot of use over Swinley and the N Downs over the winter.

And yes, it is big enough for me!

GB

singlespeedstu

The blue one looks betterer and it has propper sized wheels. 😉

2010_0805elmariachitree0017 on Flickr

gee
    Free Member

Yeah those El Mars are lovely too. A friend of mine is after one. How do you find the dropouts set up as SS? Easy to do? Mine will be staying geared, just wondering when we stick it on the booth and people start asking!

GB

singlespeedstu

Dead easy to set up and no slippage or owt.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Thats absolutely lovely…

rOcKeTdOg

s’lovely that is

Nipper99
    Free Member

nice – 11/32 or 11/34 out of interest

njee20
    Free Member

Be good to get out and see how you find the 1×9 Gee, I’m very tempted for next year.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Ooh, that’s reet lovely is that.

Vortexracing

i like the looks of that.

I always think they look a nice frame in the adverts in the mags, seem good value as well

slimtubing
    Free Member

I got the ‘orn!

gee
    Free Member

Yep, they’re great value. A matching green fork will be available in Jan. I’m sticking with the black though.

I’ll have it on the stand at D2D if anyone wants to come and have a look.

Nick – it was fine on the rather hilly Newnham 60 lap – although for some parts of the xc lap it might have been too steep to get up – probably not though. I’ve fitted another 1.X to my Mamasita for winter racing so I’ll see how it goes I guess.

Yes, it is a 12:34 cassette with a 36t ring. I’m wondering about fitting a 34 to the 29er to compensate for the larger wheels – we shall see.

GB

kiwijohn

May I?

Now even more retro with XT thumbies.

cynic-al
    Free Member

way too small 😉

how much?

sssimon
    Free Member

nice hite rite!

gee
    Free Member

Nice! How old is that one? Looks very original. Retrobike had a lovely one at Mayhem last year.

GB

julianwilson
    Free Member

Someone had matching kit for it at the weekend too. Same shade of green with chilli peppers liberally sprinkled…. Was that anything to do with you, GB?
    My eyes! 😉

jd-boy
    Free Member

Probably was the Buddster, its our team kit from about 3 years ago and still the best kit we had, now its a DULL battleshit grey colour

captain_bastard
    Free Member

gee – that is lovely

i have an alfine 11 on order, now i’m thinking how nice it would be on one of those…

kiwijohn

I think mine is about a 96. I bought the frame new in 98 & built it up with XT & LX + the SL Judys you can see behind. Rigid fork is a Surly.
    Still a sublime ride, though a 120mm stem takes some readjusting to.

gee
    Free Member

Haha – yes that was me cruising round with Phil. It was great ride to break the bile in on! Such a brilliant day out in the hills.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Ala Carte green steel machine!’ is closed to new replies.