Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Running buggy/pushchairs…any recommendations?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

As per title, looking for a buggy/pushchair we can use for running/jogging. Needs to have an adjustable handlebar as I’m a good bit taller than my other half. Apart from that I don’t really know what to look for….it’s not going to be for ultra distances but don’t want it to fall apart after 6 months either…

As usual I bow before STWs collective knowledge and experience…

tonyd

As usual, depends on budget. Fixed front wheel is a must IME. If you want to do some proper running then something with big wheels, I have some friends with one of these and they love it. They’re ‘proper’ runners and do some serious mileage.

I have a barely used one of these in the garage. No big wheels and no adjustable handle so probably no use to you, but a very nice piece of kit. It’s the older model with a hammock seat so better for off roading. LIttle’un used to quite happily sleep through a 10k run. It’s probably a bit more practical than the bigger wheeled versions if you want it for everyday use also.

Bought when the first was about 4 months old, 9 months later we had to get a double buggy so it was used for 6 months tops. Been meaning to Ebay it for ages, if it’s of any interest mail me (address in profile)

Edit: Just checked the Mountain Buggy link above, it lists a handlebar extension so might suit?

MussEd
    Free Member

Cheers tony, might get back to you on that…

tomc
    Free Member

Can recommend the phil&teds buggy. eg http://shop.philandteds.com/push/classic-stroller-buggy-phil-and-teds
    Ours has seen us through two kids. Keep re-sale value. Big wheels. Can switch between fixed and flexi front wheel. Fold down fairly well. Easy to use. Adjustable handrail.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Running buggy/pushchairs…any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.