Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • running 2 iTunes on the same computer?
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

A little advice needed – I need to get an iTunes playlist (from our wedding) off an old hard drive I have. I´m going to buy a cable to connect it to my laptop but the laptop already has iTunes installed.

Any ideas what’s going to happen when I try to start iTunes from the old hard drive? What I don’t want to happen is that the laptop decides to delete one of the versions or merge them and lose the info in one of them.

I suppose I could uninstall iTunes from the laptop before connecting the hard drive…?

longweight
    Free Member

Why don’t you just copy the songs out of the playlist on to a memory stick / hardrive and then drag them into your new itunes? Once you have done that you can sort the library by date added and your playlist will be at the top of the list

onandon
    Free Member

You could create a new profile on the PC and then it would be separate .

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah just browse to the itunes folder on the HD rather than opening itunes. There are plugins for itunes that let you switch between libraries btw.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Why don’t you just copy the songs out of the playlist on to a memory stick / hardrive and then drag them into your new itunes? Once you have done that you can sort the library by date added and your playlist will be at the top of the list

can’t do that because I only have the hard drive from the old PC (the motherboard died)

You could create a new profile on the PC and then it would be separate

sounds the easiest – thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘running 2 iTunes on the same computer?’ is closed to new replies.