Viewing 40 posts - 3,921 through 3,960 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • clubber
    Free Member

surely the many missed kicks actually decided the match …

brakes
    Free Member

I really don’t see that it should matter whether it’s a first round match or a final – if the referee sees a red card offence he should act upon it as he sees fit regardless of whether it might ‘spoil’ a big match.

duckman

But apply the process I have shared TJ, which comes from an elite ref,and it wasn’t a red…which it wasn’t anyway :D…”Flirting with red” is an issue when there is no video or citing panel. Ref could yellow, panel upgrade, that is the supposed back up we have. Rolland will be getting hammered,I have run touch on one Magners game, I got a DVD of how I had done,Imagine how they are going to go through him?

Pigface
    Free Member

It didnt cost us the match the failure to kick pens and the conversion cost us the match but it had a huge impact on the game and will also be on the record of Warburton.

Pigface
    Free Member

bump

Pigface
    Free Member

dagnamit

RichPenny
    Free Member

As much as I’d hate to see the Aussies win it, the prospect of Wales vs NZ in the 3rd place playoff is enticing. A saffer mate of mine has had France as his outside pick since the end of the 6N. SURELY not???

muddydwarf
    Free Member

bumpety

anagallis_arvensis

bump

anagallis_arvensis

Rolland will be getting hammered,I have run touch on one Magners game, I got a DVD of how I had done,Imagine how they are going to go through him?

the pen near the end that led to 1/2p’s kick was even worse, admittedly I was pacing the living room like a demented idiot at the time but when the ref blew the whistle I was fully expecting a yellow card for Girafferis. He placed the ball 3 times and there was no ruck formed and so the frenchman couldnt have come in from the side surely.

Pigface
    Free Member

I thought he was making amends as it was so blatantly a penalty to France.

I wonder if Gav would of made that kick 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

To be fair, it was a hell of a long way! I’m always surprised at how far top flight kickers can actually launch the ball.

anagallis_arvensis

I wonder if Gav would of made that kick

of course he would, no question. He’d have put down the winger properly too, like he did with Tait

donsimon
    Free Member

But if we had kicked some points, would the French have upped their game and scored a try?

Scamper
    Free Member

Watch the leadup for Halfpenny’s penalty attempt – i’m sure Phillips stood off inviting the French to give away the penalty which they did – high stakes.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

But if we had kicked some points, would the French have upped their game and scored a try?

The French were rubbish. They couldn’t have upped anything.

With 15 men Wales would have won by a bundle. With 14 they’d have still nicked it if some of the kicks had gone over.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s all ifs, buts and history, no? I’m looking forward to both the final and March 17 2012. 😈

anagallis_arvensis

simple fact is Wales would have hammered them with 15 and should still have won by a good margin with 14 had a few kicks gone over, opportunity missed again. We need to beat whoever we play in the 3rd place match to have made real progress. Beating Samoa, and Ireland is not progress.

Pigface
    Free Member

Rolland would of sent off Gav for his tackle on Tait 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Beating Samoa, and Ireland is not progress.

I, however, feel that missing out to South Africa by 1 point, matching them near as dammit point for point in the group games, losing out by 1 point to the French with a two man advantage, playing some of the best rugby in the tournament and finishing fourth in the world rankings is. 😀

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Question for Duckman (or any other refs on here):

What does “start with a red and work backwards from there…” mean?

Is it – the ultimate sanction for this offence is a red but you can consider lesser sanctions if you see fit?

anagallis_arvensis

intresting would rolland have sent him off for the first one?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzN8Hg7yCkE[/video]

Rolland sent fritz off here, loose worse than Warbs hit but not a lot, picks him up higher and looks more intentional and drove him down.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALt9gDaf-10[/video]

another one here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRb9WuUDzo

Pigface
    Free Member

AA on today showing yes he would.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought he put him down quite carefully, how else can you do it?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Hey a_a, if I were you I’d stop scouring the web for tackles worse than today’s which were punished less or you’ll never stop.

Get off here and get out there and sink a few pints is my advice. 😉

anagallis_arvensis

this one is actually pretty funny!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1chIBL_Y4dU&feature=related

this one is much worserer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zeyVlNJOI0&feature=related

another dirty wales captain

allthepies
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

thanks for your input so eloquent

DezB
    Free Member

Shit man, not still going on about that bloody tackle? I thought people would be looking forward to the 2 best teams in the world squaring up tomorrow. I certainly am.

molgrips
    Free Member

You’re not Welsh are you Dez? You’d understand if you were 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

My mum is. I’m extremely disappointed for Wales and thought the ref was an idiot, but as Jamie Roberts said after the game, time to move on.

molgrips
    Free Member

We will when we’re ready.

That will be 2015, when we win.

Scamper
    Free Member

Get over it? Like NZ do, every 4 years? 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

but as Jamie Roberts said after the game, time to move on.

Agreed.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m already over it really – glad we still have another game tbh, would suck even more to be on a plane. Should be able to see what we can do against good opposition.

DezB
    Free Member

Too right, Friday’s game should be fun…especially if its against the All Blacks! 😆

bruk

Was working today and following on live text on BBC. Suprised by how close it was given how much advantage is meant to be given by a yellow card (about 5-7 points if I remember correctly)

Watched the game on ITVplayer (painful. The tackle seen at full speed with all the French players upset immeadiately after could have been seen as a spear tackle. Would have been sensible to call over his touchjudges to discuss. Was he influenced by being able to understand what the French were claiming happened?

However what upset me most was the sheer lack of ambition by the French. With a 1 man advantage for 60mins to be hanging on with a 1 point lead at the end shows how poor they were. They appeared to have no desire to attack the Welsh and expose the numerical advantage. It was like watching England. Actually even England would have tried to open up a score. Just awful.

Don’t mind who wins tomorrow as long as they humiliate this weak gutless team.

donsimon
    Free Member

However what upset me most was the sheer lack of ambition by the French. With a 1 man advantage for 60mins to be hanging on with a 1 point lead at the end shows how poor they good the Welsh were

😉

Lifer
    Free Member

However what upset me most was the sheer lack of ambition by the French. With a 1 man advantage for 60mins to be hanging on with a 1 point lead at the end shows how poor they were. They appeared to have no desire to attack the Welsh and expose the numerical advantage. It was like watching England. Actually even England would have tried to open up a score. Just awful.

Don’t mind who wins tomorrow as long as they humiliate this weak gutless team.

Completely agree.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,921 through 3,960 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM