Viewing 40 posts - 3,721 through 3,760 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • duckman

Lifer is that pick upside down?

Lifer
    Free Member

Well done Wales good half under the circumstances, lets hope a calm down @ half time sorts them out.

ditch_jockey

It’ll be interesting to see it againj at half time, but there didn’t seem to be any attempt to drive the player into the ground- he tackled him low and the guy. Seemed to go backwards – seen worse things go completely unpunished at this world cup.

DezB
    Free Member

Watch it again in a minute. Then forget it and get on with the second half

muggomagic

Wales need Stephen Jones on at half time. They need to kick every penalty and take every chance with the drop goals to win this game.
    It wasn’t a red card offence. It was reckless but not malicious so deserved a yellow and no more.

anagallis_arvensis

bottom line is the Warbaurton tackled looked accidental and he did try to not dump him as far as my eye could see. Red was a risk but very harsh IMO. Looks like this French team could be the worse ever World Cup finalists, they’ve been shite.

donsimon
    Free Member

If the replay shows him landing on his back/shoulder then it’s unfair! 👿

maxray
    Free Member

How can a half French ref be neutral?

ditch_jockey

See – even Francois agrees with me!

Lifer
    Free Member

I’ll take Pienaar’s assessment over anyone on here!

EDIT – too late!

DezB
    Free Member

I agree with Francois!

Pigface
    Free Member

Oz France final and no one will care who wins 😥

ditch_jockey

Looks like the professional rugby players agree with me then 🙂

ditch_jockey

Bloody double post

jonahtonto
    Free Member

not malicious therefore a yellow is plenty. didnt spear him into the ground. dropped him on his back

toadfish
    Free Member

this must have cost NZ plenty

maybe thats why they say they cannot afford to go to the next world cup

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Love nuggets optimism 🙂
    Come on Wales!

DenDennis
    Free Member

to be fair, seen at full speed that tackle would have looked well dodgy.
    BUT
    i agree with francois, why not consult touch judges or use the video for such an important decision- SHOCKING ARROGANCE from the ref. no surprise there then!

anagallis_arvensis

ITV coverage as usual over blowing things, the red is not a totally wrong descision, but was very, very harsh.

ditch_jockey

Probably time to watch Zulu at half time in the Welsh dressing room then

DezB
    Free Member

But they’re right in saying it was the wrong decision for the game.

zokes
    Free Member

It was the wrong tackle for the game

RichPenny
    Free Member

A real shame that. Unlucky to get the red but it was still a dangerous tackle. You can see him let go halfway through and not drive through, can’t really see how you could put someone down much more gently than that. Still hoping that Wales can do the business. They are going to have to defend perfectly in the second half, but you can still see them scoring. And as aa says, they need to mash one of the front row in the dressing room door a few times 😉

DS, that bring it home thing was a joke, just paraphrasing some of the media shift. Still:

jonahtonto
    Free Member

Alain Roland is an Irishman with a French mother refereeing a Semi Final between France & Wales, which Wales arrived at by beating Ireland. That sounds so ridiculous I can’t believe i didnt just make it up

zokes
    Free Member

Alain Roland is an Irishman with a French mother refereeing a Semi Final between France & Wales, which Wales arrived at by beating Ireland. That sounds so ridiculous I can’t believe i didnt just make it up

He is one of, if not the best, referees in the world, having refereed many games at the highest level. Tackling like this however….

thegreatape
    Free Member

If Wales win this, and I think they can, without Jones and with Roberts in the scrum, and down to 14, then whoever wins tomorrow will have to be at their absolute best to beat them in the final. France lifted a bit after Warburton went, but Wales have thoroughly outplayed them so far.

sputnik
    Free Member

Hook off, not a bad idea.

donsimon
    Free Member

A little information in the wrong hands is always dangerous zokes.

zokes
    Free Member

A little information in the wrong hands is always dangerous zokes.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending it’s all a conspiracy is considerably worse…

yossarian
    Free Member

The next score will dec

muggomagic

Good to see someone in the Welsh camp is keeping an eye on STW for my words of advice.

yossarian
    Free Member

The next score will decide this game

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about zokes.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rugby-world-cup-1/page/93#post-3062776
    🙄

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Sticking your fingers in your ears

Why would I need to do that, I’ve got my tinfoil hat on?

zokes
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about zokes.

Sorry – I knew it wasn’t you, but someone up there wearing a tin foil hat did indicate that it was fixed reffing because Wales might be too good for the All Blacks. I didn’t make that clear.

DezB
    Free Member

We can’t have this French team in the World Cup final! They’ll get destroyed!
    COME ON WALES!

donsimon
    Free Member

Forgiven. 😀

toadfish
    Free Member

no tin foil here just honesty

Konastoner
    Free Member

COOOOMEEEEEE OOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Game on

Viewing 40 posts - 3,721 through 3,760 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.