Viewing 40 posts - 3,281 through 3,320 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • Pigface
    Free Member

The only game plan at the end was get it to the Samoan 😆

Relied on old players for to long and havent brought enough youth through, so what if you have a couple of shocking 6N’s build up the foundations of a good side and dont coach the bejesus out of them.

Wales owes a huge debt of gratitude to Graham Henry for sorting out the WRU. We arent world beaters yet but they way Wales are playing is so positive. Gatland said a few harsh things today on 5 Live which the likes of JJ will get all arsey about. He has a point though.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

@LoCo – yup, yup and thrice yup. Complete bollox from 1 through 15.

Houns

Well we fell one hurdle short of where i (and most England fans i know) thought we were going to fall.

We need to go back to basics (at all levels) seems most the players don’t know the rules

Oh and watch the frikkin ball! At least twice in the game today England players were hit by a passed ball as they weren’t watching it.

Pigface
    Free Member

Glitch

Houns

Well we fell one hurdle short of where i (and most England fans i know) thought we were going to fall.

We need to go back to basics (at all levels) seems most the players don’t know the rules

Oh and watch the frikkin ball! At least twice in the game today England players were hit by a passed ball as they weren’t watching it.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bump

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That’s what i mean Pigface – England really need to look at how Wales turned it around with – lets face it – a fraction of the resources available.

Taz

What a great morning of rugby

Wales – awesome. I thought Ireland would win but they were outplayed by a great side.

England. They were the best in a very poor group and came up short against a very poor French side. England need to start from scratch as was said above. They have the resources. Pretty much everything else is wrong.

Wales should romp home against France. Let’s hope they do not get complacent

I so hope for a NZ vs Wales final. WIll be a great spectacle. Sure the Wlesh want a rematch against SA.

LoCo
    Free Member

Have claimed dual nationality, Go Wales ! 😛

Pigface
    Free Member

Well the huge difference Dwarf is that you have a good set up in place while we were flat out f*cked. Its taken ages with some real humiliation along the way. Now it seems to be going in the right direction. Real momentum.

I dont think Johnson is the right man for the job never did.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Lol@ england. Unless you get your structure right and sort out the shambles that is the rfu and the premiership you will never be world beaters again.

Clive woodward walked because of the shambles that was running the game. You are now paying for this. Boring one dimensional rugby thankfully has lost today!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jeremy is a good welsh names isn’t it. Can I support Wales please?

donsimon
    Free Member

I think you hit the nail a couple of minutes ago muddydwarf regarding expectation, I also think that the attitude of the English fans in this thread this morning wouldn’t encourage me to play for England a case of sing when you’re winning. I was tremendously proud of Wales after the SA game, we lost, but we lost with style. We’ve also taken the same style to the semis. I won’t drop my team when we go through a bad patch, it’s my team come rain or shine.
    On the field, back to basics, lower expectations and never give up. 😉

Jeremy is a good welsh names isn’t it. Can I support Wales please?

No ‘J’ in the Welsh alphabet, I’m afraid.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pigface

I dont think Johnson is the right man for the job never did.

Me too too many players have had to force their way into the team or the changes have been forced on him by injury instead of being brought in. Too much sticking with the guys he knows and trusts – Tindall anyone?

Was Bananaman and Wrigglesworth the only backs on the bench today? where was the threat?

Houns

It’s about a good a Welsh name as it is a Scottish 😛

doof_doof
    Free Member

This is the most happy day of my life. Pack your bags boys!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Houns – Member

It’s about a good a Welsh name as it is a Scottish
    Yeremi?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Playing with style is what everyone wants to see! Id rather lose with panache than bore the world to death!

Hopefully the gavin henson debate has been put to bed forever in wales now. Hes not good enough to wear the jersey! Mentally anyway.

England rugby has the same issues as england football . Too many overpaid journeymen in the premiership = lack of development of home talent!

Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry TJ you have jumped ship once to Scotland we dont want you being a fair weather fan 😉

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Lleremi!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh i’ll never stop supporting England, the difference is that Wales and Ireland et.al played with heart and skill even when losing. England don’t do that and it’s so frustrating when you KNOW it can be so much better.

The Agh F.U. and the Premiership have to take a good share of the blame as said above, too much conservative thinking going on. I’d much rather do a Wales and take a couple of years of being thrashed so we could build a system that can produce a team capable of good rugby again.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Im a bit worried hat gatland is playing himself into the kiwi coach job!

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t think ‘Ye’ exists in Welsh either, I do, however, like the sound of “Lleremi! “. 😆

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Correct mr dwarf. I remember england losing 100 odd nil against the aussies in 1996 approx. Time to rebuild!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Lleremi. It’s halfway between llanelli and llangennech iirc!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Look at what Sale have done this season.

5yrs ago we won the Prem, then did an England and slid into desperate mediocrity, only the fac that Leeds and Falcons are even worse saved us.
    Diamond came in and sacked 40-odd people. Replaced them with local boys from the academy and leavened them with carefully picked quality players. Now bearing fruit and more importantly for the future, we’re playing entertaining rugby.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Henson isn’t even a blip on the radar for Wales and rightly so. Much better players already wearing the red shirt.

yossarian
    Free Member

Lol@ england. Unless you get your structure right and sort out the shambles that is the rfu and the premiership you will never be world beaters again.
    Clive woodward walked because of the shambles that was running the game. You are now paying for this. Boring one dimensional rugby thankfully has lost today!

Rugby is a minority sport in England. However the power of the clubs exceeds the power of the national side. The RFU needs to take a look at the ECB and copy the model that’s propelled English Cricket to the top.

duckman

Never mind MDwarf; Francis Barron coming back, that should give you the boost you need 🙄

Where are the players coming from? Thomson,Tindall,Deacon,Shaw,Cueto, Wilkinson,Moody all past their sell by date.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Barron – oh great… 🙄 what was it that Carling said?

Even now the England camp are talking about this team staying and growing, how?
    Change the record and stop being too proud to take a lesson from Wales and Ireland.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Yossarian. Look at football. Majority game .. Another english shambles. And i think youll find it’s the england and wales cricket team! Lol + any south africans who can bat a bit!

Good point though about the structure of the game. English cricket is set up for the national side. Football and rugby all the power lies with the clubs and hence a national shambles.

creamegg
    Free Member

‘J’ is in the welsh alphabet. Never used to be but we needed it otherwise what would we call ‘jam’?

donsimon
    Free Member

Rugby is a minority sport in England.

Maybe a minority sport, but still with a bigger pool than a lot of other countries. The problem is what you do with that pool. This has been discussed at least twice in this rather long thread.

And if we don’t have a ‘J’, who the frig are the Joneses?

wrecker
    Free Member

And still the lowest % of adult males. Says it all really.
    English rugby; from the RFU all the way to the team itself needs a full overhaul.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

As said above, it’s about playing with style. England haven’t done that for a while, at least the result gets rid of the idiots who trot out the ‘would rather win ugly’ cr*p. We couldn’t do even that this time around. There’s a core of decent young players, but there needs to be a revolution, not least at the RFU. Won’t happen, not with the usual suspects holding all the cards 🙁

brakes
    Free Member

congratulations to the England haters
    you got your wishes

trailmonkey

Yossarian. Look at football. Majority game .. Another english shambles

but english football isn’t a shambles is it. consistently finishing major tournaments in the qf’s is about what we do and about what we should expect. the media might expect more but the (realistic) fans never do.

Scamper
    Free Member

Enjoyed the raging bull’s commentary today. No fancy tactics talk, good turn of phrase, spoke as if he was out there and picked up on little things like body language and how individuals should be reacting or in england players cases, to stop moaning.

Edukator
    Free Member

Well the people I was out riding with were happy with the result – earphones in to combine MTBing and match following. We all stopped for the last two minutes of play for a countdown to victory.

heuer27
    Free Member

I’m liking that player chart. It really does show the under and over achievers in world rugby.
    Although England only have 6.5 % of senior male players it is still 166000 of them. They have played the same way for decades and have failed to develop an expansive game plan despite having the players to do so. England were lucky to get to the 1/4 ‘s as they got out of jail against both Scotland and Argentina late in the game.
    I love watching the French play with thier tails up it’s the way rugby should be played. All too often test matches / premiership games end in an arm wrestle. Look at players physiques these days, apparently bigger is better and biggest is best. To get kids interested we need exciting games with plenty of trys. Not huge behemoths trying to knock holes in each other. The all blacks and australia seem to have a better balance between physicality and flair.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,281 through 3,320 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM